Synchronise your watches LFCC 2015

Hmm, I heard that the cast & crew were going to be in town for when the BTTF Musical begins (in time for the 30th Anniversary), but I've seen that the musical has been delayed until 2016 due to the director leaving the project. Doesn't mean we wont be getting a BTTF reunion for LFCC; Showmasters gave too much of an easy clue for us to decrypt ;)

£400 lol, no chance most could afford that for one guest. Might as well hold the event in Harrods.

yes £400 may be past many peoples price range but put it this way- you wouldn't be able to meet these people in the first place anyway. we all could tell form the name "diamond ticket" that these were going to be expensive tickets. Noone has to meet them and most people wouldn't be able to afford to get their autographs anyway. The diamond tickets are there for those that are willing to pay for them. some diamond guest ticket holders may do autographs showmaster hasn't said No diamond guest ever wouldn't, we will have to wait and see. The diamond tickets are there to give a package for those who are willing to pay for it. Carrie fisher isn't a diamond ticket and yet i couldn't afford to see her but if someone like Hugh Jackmon or Robert Downey Jr was announced as a diamond ticket i might save up the money to meet them. Yes many people will be priced out of diamond tickets but people need to remember they wouldn't get to see these people anyway so nothings really changed.

Edited by stargate geek emily
  • Like 2

I have never know Showmasters to have "RIP off " prices in the 7 years I have attended their events.

Its a hard fact that A List guests that so many of us crave cost alot!

Its just business, First Class flights, Hotels etc.

I for one, if given the opportunity to meet some of the people on Jasons list, would happily pay several Hundred pounds for a once in the live time experience.

Its perhaps more than some are willing to spend but its the reality of what these guests cost!

• Like 2

What if, since they're two different posts, they might be clues for 2 different things? It's exciting either way :D

I hope so. Not everyone is into BTTF and they did say they could have up to 3 Diamond guests.

Yep SM, as for regular guests SM will definitely not announce all diamond guests at the same time, they'll spread the announcements creating a buzz each time, and it's true that they aim to get 2 or 3 of those guests each year .... So if this first one is really about bttf, all of you that are not into bttf will definitely get probably two other shots at someone you may be interested in.

I for once , am a huge bttf fan, so if this is in facts Michael J. Fox we are talking about as a first diamond guest, I would be ecstatic .... But wait I' m also a Rock fan.... Damned, this is giving me a headache already.

I mean in a perfect world , let's say SM has 3 diamond guests planned, they should announce those three guest at the same time so that you could choose accordingly, sadly it won't happen, I will probably be able to afford one of those guest, due to the fact that those tickets will be very limited you cannot wait to buy them, if you're in the first guest announce you'll just have to buy your ticket right away, let's just hope that the first guest announced is my fav' one...

We also may have to take in consideration that there might be huge price differences amongst those guests, Michael J. Fox should be cheaper than let's say Harrisson Ford ....

Well can't wait to see a post here a bit more concrete, something like ... "Big announcement Thursday 7pm get your credit ready"

I'm so excited with the Back To The Future reference, and since 2015 marks the 30th anniversary of my all time fave film, so it's gotta be something BTTF! Personally if I see an announcement of Christopher Lloyd & Lea Thompson, I will book my tickets instantly and travel from Greece once again so to be there! And if by any chance there is going to be Michael J. Fox attending ....this would be my number 1 dream!

• Like 1

£400 lol, no chance most could afford that for one guest. Might as well hold the event in Harrods.

With Diamond guests I'd say £400 would be considered cheap, considering what we've been paying so far at SM events.

If you take someone like Carrie Fisher. An autograph and a photo cost £125... add in a meet and greet and/or a talk plus anything else you might get with a diamond pass and she would easily set you back over £200.

I think it's safe to say that a diamond guest could cost double the amount of Carrie Fisher, so that would be over £400

When you have a diamond pass you are guaranteed to meet the guest and get an autograph. In order to get that guarantee (in ticket form) in previous events you would of needed a gold pass which is £175.

Add in to the mix that SM have said tickets will be limited (maybe to as low as 100 tickets) and we all know that anything limited is instantly more expensive... (At the end of the day, if you've got 100 tickets and 10,000 people want them, you sell to people who are willing to pay the most.)

I think £400 is too cheap of an estimate. That's not to say I would pay it personally, but you look at all the variables and what we've been happy to pay individually so far, and I'd be extremely surprised if it's any less.

But of course it all depends on the guest and what SM can arrange. I can't wait to see what gets announced :)

• Like 2

What I'm interested in is would I still be able to buy the standard ticket and still meet a diamond guest. I would never be able to afford diamond packages but if I just wanted a photograph with them and nothing else would I still be able to buy that seperately? Say the £18 for the standard and then the photo price. Or would I have to fork out money I don't have?

What I'm interested in is would I still be able to buy the standard ticket and still meet a diamond guest. I would never be able to afford diamond packages but if I just wanted a photograph with them and nothing else would I still be able to buy that seperately? Say the £18 for the standard and then the photo price. Or would I have to fork out money I don't have?

It has been said before that some of the diamond guests might agreed to have a limited photoshoot or signature session open to "regular tickets holder", but that will depend on the guest and what kind of deal SM would have been able to work.... So it could happen, you just won't be 100% sure...

I would try to get diamond tickets for a few actors I would love to meet, but regarding the prices announced and maybe the guest (someone I would really like to meet, but feels that the price might be to high for that particular guest; a personal opinion) I would keep my eye open and jump on a regular photo op if proposed, being well aware that it would be "war" to actually achieve the ultimate goal before the day ends.

I'm mostly interested in photoshoot and signatures, it's not that I completely disregard talks, but if the con is packed with regular guest I wish to meet , let's face it it would take most of the day to meet all of them, not a lot of free time to attend talks... And I' m going with my wife and possibly baby daughter, she mostly helps me getting virtual queue tickets, queuing with me, enjoys seeing the stalls, ... With diamond tickets I really can't see ditching the ladies to attend a talk.

• Like 1

you will need to have an entrance ticket (either standard or gold) before you'd be able to get a Diamond Ticket as it wont include entry. As the others have said, some of the Diamond guests MAY have extra autos and photos etc available to those without Diamond Tickets but each guest will be different and some may not want that so the only way to meet them would be to have the Ticket.

• Like 1

you will need to have an entrance ticket (either standard or gold) before you'd be able to get a Diamond Ticket as it wont include entry. As the others have said, some of the Diamond guests MAY have extra autos and photos etc available to those without Diamond Tickets but each guest will be different and some may not want that so the only way to meet them would be to have the Ticket.

I would totaly agree with this. if you look back at previous post's all this has been said.

I still like my idea of a deposit scheme for really expensive guests (say 10% of the overall price) to secure your Diamond pass, then pay off fully before the actual show....

But would you be prepared to lose your deposit if you don't pay 100% in time?

I still like my idea of a deposit scheme for really expensive guests (say 10% of the overall price) to secure your Diamond pass, then pay off fully before the actual show....

you do have a point knitty. I hadnt thought of that.

Not saying that SM would but it's a possibility as at the end of the day that are in business to make money and if they had a ticket for a particular guest which the purchaser then backs out of that's a potential sale that they've lost if they then can't sell it to someone else.

Not saying that SM would but it's a possibility as at the end of the day that are in business to make money and if they had a ticket for a particular guest which the purchaser then backs out of that's a potential sale that they've lost if they then can't sell it to someone else.

Knitty Fred - I think it's only fair you'd lose a deposit; this works for most things you'd purchase with a deposit. This would be SM's gain when they then sold the ticket again. I cannot see SM being stuck with tickets they could not sell. There would always be somebody who had the money closer to the day, who didn't think they could afford it originally.

• 2 weeks later...