LFCC Schedule - UPDATE 3!

• Moderators

Hi

New to this Forum and LFCC!

I have a photoshoot ticket for Lena Headey on Sunday. My question is - which one am I likely to need to be there for? I have a ticket with a mid 200 number on it and have a standard entry ticket I.e. 11 am entry. Will I need to get there earlier or will it be in the afternoon session at 15.10?

If anyone can help I'd be grateful as I don't want to miss it!

Thanks

Hi Leenie

The current guidance on photo shoots is as below

2) The estimate is about 400 tickets can go through per hour. E.g. if you have ticket 500 and there's 2 one hour shoots you'll be at the beginning of the second shoot.

So if your a mid 200 number you should be ok getting through during the morning session, ps Lena is lovely, told me off for wearing a stark tshirt during my photo with her last year

• Like 1

Do people really give verbal abuse to gold pass holder?

I'd got used to evil looks and the usual 'don't you know where the queue is?' comments but at the last Collectormania was the worst. People who didn't seem to be regulars and not knowing how things work were intent on trying ti give me a hard time at Stuart Pearce's photoshoot. They took great offence that I was allowed to enter before them and were shouting and swearing and were intent on not letting me enter at all. I just pushed past them and brushed it off while they continued their verbal barrage in the background.

That's the worst I've had.

• Like 1

Hi

I have a photoshoot ticket for Lena Headey on Sunday. My question is - which one am I likely to need to be there for? I have a ticket with a mid 200 number on it and have a standard entry ticket I.e. 11 am entry. Will I need to get there earlier or will it be in the afternoon session at 15.10?

Thanks

Hi Leenie

2) The estimate is about 400 tickets can go through per hour. E.g. if you have ticket 500 and there's 2 one hour shoots you'll be at the beginning of the second shoot.

So if your a mid 200 number you should be ok getting through during the morning session, ps Lena is lovely, told me off for wearing a stark tshirt during my photo with her last year

Hi Animator!

Hope I've done this right!

Thanks for your help. Best I get up there early then! I take it I'll be able to buy an early bird ticket at the door?

Cheers

Thanks for the responses.

What naughty people re the comments however is it people that have bought tickets on the door and unaware of how gold passes work?

I guess it is and since the lanyard press syle ID gold passes have gone and the not so noticeable wristbands have come in it has become more common. But then people should relax and realise that Showmasters arent just going to let a few people jump the queue and walk straight into a photoshoot for no reason lol.

I don't let it spoil my day just get fed up with having to explain to people sometimes when I shouldn't have to lol

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks

Hi Leenie

but don't forget you can go any time after your number is called so even though you'd fall into the first session you can use it in the second if you want to.

Hi

Thanks

Hi Leenie

but don't forget you can go any time after your number is called so even though you'd fall into the first session you can use it in the second if you want to.
Hi Voice of Reason

That's what I wanted to know! Brilliant, thanks.

• Moderators

This is awesome. I've gone through it with a fine tooth comb and I'm pretty happy with the way everything has worked out for me. I'm so excited now, can't wait for Friday to come around.

I've just gone through my shoots and with the exception of one or two it looks like I'm smooth sailing (hopefully) very excited now

I just go up to the crewer at the shoot and show them my gold pass and they will lead you to the front. They will then start a gold pass queue (sometimes a few people, sometimes 5 or 6). I fear that Stan Lee's Gold pass queues will be just as long as the normal queues lol

• Like 1

So for photoshoots do they ask if there are any gold passes holders or just assume there isn't?

There'll normally be two queues near the photo area, golds are loaded in first followed by the rest

Yes. And if there's no queue please do what jonathan wrote.

• Moderators

I just go up to the crewer at the shoot and show them my gold pass and they will lead you to the front. They will then start a gold pass queue (sometimes a few people, sometimes 5 or 6). I fear that Stan Lee's Gold pass queues will be just as long as the normal queues lol

That's my worry as well, i imagine the rest of the shoots will run the same as normal but Stan is gonna make it a bit more interesting this year

That's my worry as well, i imagine the rest of the shoots will run the same as normal but Stan is gonna make it a bit more interesting this year

Why? It'll work exactly the same as any other shoot but some sessions are a lot longer than normal so will involve more people. They'll still call golds first and then remaining numbers in batches after that. The problem will come if people who won't go in until near the end start hanging around the photo area at the start. That's when it can become difficult. There's absolutely no point turning up until about an hour in to the shoot if you've got ticket numbers over 400 for example. Just wastes your time and makes it hard for the crew to manage the crowds.

Relax. Just be aware when shoots start and end, keep an eye on any delays etc and remember they get through roughly 100 per 15mins and work out when to turn up based on that. It'll be busy but fine.

• Like 2

Will Stan Lee be signing on all days? I have tickets for Friday and Saturday, but a very busy Saturday schedule already and it would be awesome to have the chance to get his autograph on Friday instead

Stan will be at the event all three days

But keep in mind that the event is only open between 6 and 9pm on Friday and Stans photoshoot is between 7:20 and 8:50. So realistically there's only going to be at most 1.5 hours signing time for him and I expect a lot of that will be gold and silver pass holders.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot on the Friday, and just prepare myself for an early Saturday if not.

Well I noticed there were massive queues that were 1 at collectamania. I didn't notice 2 queues there. It be good if they 2 rope round queues next to each other labeled gold. Extra fuss though as I'm sure they said comic gold now go in front of normal gold. So maybe they call in segments. Also don't know where sliver passes fit into this. Anyone else got stan lee photo on Friday?

Collectomania is smaller with less gold pass holders, so they don't have 2 queues. Usually just a handful of people let in first. Comic gold, regular gold and comic silver pass holders all have priority over regular photo tickets. Both golds pass types are equal and silver go after golds.

• Like 1

Ok so is there going to be two queues for every guest as I can see people being in the wrong queue when there aren't any crew members about. Just hope it's well signed also is it in rooms like collectamania was?

There aren't two queues, or at least there haven't been before. Golds are called first and start the queue and then tickets are called in numbered batches and those people just extend the queue behind the golds. There's just one queue but the first few people in it will be golds.

Then if a gold pass holder turns up after the shoot has started, the crew will usually walk them to near the front of the moving queue and insert them in there. Which sometimes annoys the person behind.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 1

I see the common consensus is that they get through around 400 photo tickets each hour. But given that Stan Lee is only scheduled to do three hours total on each day, what are the prospects for those of us who have tickets well over 1200? I'm in the 1300s, and although I know the 400 thing is clearly only an estimate, I'm a bit concerned that enough time hasn't been allotted to get through all the tickets that have been sold!

Is there any kind of guarantee (notwithstanding illness or any other reason why Stan may not be able to complete the day) that those of us who have forked out £65 for a photo will actually get our photo? What happens if not everybody's been called - or we've been called but the queue hasn't moved fast enough for us to get our picture done - by the time the event closes?

Don't worry, if you turn up between the times of the photoshoot you will get your pic no matter what. Obviously if you turned up late hoping it would run late and Stan has already left, then you'd miss out on a photo.