Latest Guest Announcement - COREY DEE WILLIAMS

Yes, Cory is the son of Billy Dee. Originally, Cory was hired as a stand in for his father at the Yuma shoot. Cory was asked to do the stunt work as Lando hangs over the Sail Barge. He was then asked to do more creature work as they were short on people for the roles.

Cory played the role of Klaatu on the Sail Barge location at Yuma.

John Simpkin played Klaatu in Jabba's Palace at Elstree Studios.

Edited by Dave Boy
  • Like 1

Right that's sorted then only my vintage figure print i had signed by john simpkin was of the skiff guard one so that was £15 i could have saved OR if i had known i would have given him the other klattu print to sign if he was the one in jabbas palace.

Ah that explains it all...except, why is there a character called Nikto if that was the species name???

This is a good guest announcement. I am not one of those who gets every Star Wars actor's autograph, but growing up in the 80's with those classic action figures, it's always good meeting the person who played that figure on the screen. That's my requirement for meeting them; they need to have had or deserved to have had a classic action figure.

Right that's sorted then only my vintage figure print i had signed by john simpkin was of the skiff guard one so that was £15 i could have saved OR if i had known i would have given him the other klattu print to sign if he was the one in jabbas palace.

I feel your pain. I once had a Boba Fett picture signed by Jeremy Bulloch only to find out later that it was John Morton who stood in for Fett for the scene in the picture.

it is annoying. I have seen that picture signed by Jeremy loads of times. You would think though that Jeremy would have said something about it but then again he isnt going to turn down money to sign it is he? This is the thing where after you have paid your money youre committed to getting the autograph as no refunds are allowed. Once you have handed your hard earned wonga over thats it game over.... Just like when i was really peeved about Jenna L Coleman last year where she was insisting on personalizing everyones pics to stop the scalpers on ebay etc. Though i was lucky enough there though to safely remove my name from the one pic i had signed by her even though i got no intention of selling it but they (the guests) dont know that. You just try and get Kenny Baker to sign a single blank white index card. WHEW that was a challenge and a half that was....

• Like 1

it is annoying. I have seen that picture signed by Jeremy loads of times. You would think though that Jeremy would have said something about it but then again he isnt going to turn down money to sign it is he? This is the thing where after you have paid your money youre committed to getting the autograph as no refunds are allowed. Once you have handed your hard earned wonga over thats it game over.... Just like when i was really peeved about Jenna L Coleman last year where she was insisting on personalizing everyones pics to stop the scalpers on ebay etc. Though i was lucky enough there though to safely remove my name from the one pic i had signed by her even though i got no intention of selling it but they (the guests) dont know that. You just try and get Kenny Baker to sign a single blank white index card. WHEW that was a challenge and a half that was....

.....did anyone think to ask Jeremy about the pic? Jeremy is a regular signer at SM events and is very engaging with guests, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to discuss the scene/pic.

I will deffo be considering an auto with this latest guest announcement.

Edited by Kirbinator