Preview Night?

Anyone who's ever attended what is it like regarding the Photoshoot times and Stalls there? is it the same as the weekend? Is it just as busy as Saturday + Sunday because im thinking of going Preview Night and Saturday

From memory most of the stalls were there or were setting up on the Friday, certainly more than not. Last year it wasn't as busy as the rest of the weekend, I managed to get a number of signatures including the likes of Peter Dinklage and Ray Park and got a couple of sketches done well before closing. Couldnt say about photoshoots as I didn't do any.

• Moderators

I'm hoping showmasters turn the preview night into a full day next year. A prestigious event like this needs 3 full days!

A full day also increases the costs a lot more, getting the guests there earlier etc. Might not necessarily be worth it.

Photo shoots were empty, I remember SM saying if you hold a Saturday Ticket you can use it on Friday... But this wasn't told to the crew who refused me to use the tickets... This was because they knew Saturday was going to be extremely busy. :no: You certainly can get a lot done in the few hours. I agree with the Post above. SM should make the Friday a whole day...

• Moderators

Ah but as has been said.. Friday is quieter.. much quieter in fact. I would personally imagine too quiet to run a full day versus the costs of doing so.

I don't know if there'd be enough people that could come on a full day on Fri to make it worth it.

Thats great In fact Im thinking of purchasing Photoshoot tickets for Stan Lee & Summer Glau So may just get friday tickets for those Saves me the long queues and Have Saturday for the Convention :)

Thats great In fact Im thinking of purchasing Photoshoot tickets for Stan Lee & Summer Glau So may just get friday tickets for those Saves me the long queues and Have Saturday for the Convention :)

I think Stan Lee is sold out for photo shoots over the weekend, there doesnt appear to be any available in the shop from what i can see.

I think Stan Lee is sold out for photo shoots over the weekend, there doesnt appear to be any available in the shop from what i can see.

Oh wow, Yeah I just checked to and 'Sold Out' now when this Morning it looked fine looks like it's just Summer Glau for now which is fine and maybe add Giancarlo Esposito unless more guests are announced :)

Friday previews is where its at a fantastic opportunity to get as much done before the mad rush on the Saturday. To people that moan about not getting time of work i say come on guys you know way in advance when the shows are happening. Book the time off asap wont be a problem then. If you know you are going for definite then what's the problem? Advance planning isn't a science. Just common sense.

Well I'm still thinking from a business viewpoint a full Friday makes good sense, I'm sure with the big percentage increase this year in attendees it may happen! I do appreciate all the improvements made at SM events over the years....but...

Remember a time when SM never even bothered with photosessions! All those cool guests we never got pro photos with (Burt Reynolds, Robert Pattinson etc)

Remember a time when they thought only 3 actors were doing photosessions at an LFCC?!

Remember a time when the idea of multiple photo areas was an alien concept!!

Remember a time when instant printing was unworkable, until the workable was seen to be amazingly possible!

Remember a time when Friday night LFCC was only 3 hours...well you will, eventually ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah even a couple of hours extra would be a step in the right direction ;) It would have meant guests from now (i.e. sharni/sherilynn) might have been able to do a Friday shoot...imagine a few more great guests announced in next 2 months who are there Friday but there's no more space in the schedule...