The wonder of Avery Brooks

I was surprised no one has started a thread about this yet but meeting Avery Brooks was a spectacular experience for me. He went into a long conversation with me about being profound. And im sure as anyone else who has spoke to him knows he speaks in quite a unique way. A true legend and ultra, ultra cool.

• Like 1

He is awesome, Avery made the weekend for me, so pleasant, chatty, made the photoshoots fun too!! Got the biggest hug when it was my turn, left with a huge grin on my face!! Sisko is MY captain, the one I grew up with and the best!! Thank you SM for a wonderful experience!!

We have met Avery twice now, at LFCC and at DSTL. In both instances he was really fantastic with us (me and my boyfriend) and really made each event special. Unfortunately I get a bit nervous/exciteable in his presence and am completely unable to say anything particularly worthwhile/profound but he deals with my superfast babbling incredibly well.

He scares me lol! He's so far off my wavelength I just clam up and don't know what to say but he is cool and this pic I took in the DS9 talk I think is great. Though can't remember what prompted it.

_DSC0351.JPG

Someone asked what happened to the Baseball and there was silence. Until Nana said she had "a" baseball.

Such a magnificent actor - I to was flaberghasted

He scares me lol! He's so far off my wavelength I just clam up and don't know what to say but he is cool and this pic I took in the DS9 talk I think is great. Though can't remember what prompted it.

_DSC0351.JPG

Great shot & a great moment in the talk... all the other actors cracked up...

Ahhh, that voice! I just didn't have time to see him at LFCC, much as I would have loved to do so (and I was abroad for DSTL, arghh), but I met him at CMK and he reduced me to a speechless but happy wreck. :D Great actor and fascinating man. I WILL see him again someday!

He was fantastic at both photo shoot and autograph session. It was a great experience meeting him.

And he is so funny! If I had had any sleep that night it would have probably taken less time until I got his jokes but still....

Edited by Rebekka

I'm watching him right now, courtesy of my ST:DS9 DVDs! (S5 ep "The Ship".) Oh, and one of my friends is madly envious of my DS9 group shot with him in it, heh.

Hope I get another opportunity to see him someday...

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I'm watching him right now, courtesy of my ST:DS9 DVDs! (S5 ep "The Ship".) Oh, and one of my friends is madly envious of my DS9 group shot with him in it, heh.

Hope I get another opportunity to see him someday...

Can't wait to be able to watch him and everyone from DS9 in glorious HD when they finally release the blu rays - Until then we'll have to pester SM to bring him and all the cast back over the years. His beaming smile as I walked up to him for a photo session is a memory I will cherish forever, helped me break out of my shell ever so slightly for the rest of that day...