Interrupted by crew member when talking to Meg Foster

When meeting Meg Foster and having a very good chat with also no body behind waiting a crew member asked for time.Meg could not believe it and we continued.

Edited by scooby52

Meg is the number one fan friendly guest ever. She would quite happily talk for hours on end. The Friday and Saturday crew members noticed this but I did notice today's was bit impatient. I don't blame him though as she is very different to other guests and is probably just thinking Meg needs a break.

• Like 1

Never known there to be any restriction. Only for the very busy big guests do they try to keep the line moving giving you limited time to say anything but that's kinda understandable. Still I've always been able to have a brief exchange by having something ready to say.

Have had long chats with other guests without any problems at all including this weekend. No-one seemed to mind. Depends what you mean by long though as I never try to hold things up but if there's no queue or even just a small one and the guest is the one talking, why not let them.

He was not allowed to use the crossbow due to some licensing issues or something. Can't remember exactly what it was.

it had a brand name or logo on or something that they didn't actually have permission to use. Also it meant the queue was taking forever and I think the photographer wanted to make sure everyone got thier picture done. So two main reasons for not using the crossbow...

• Showmasters Admin

Please understand that I can see from your point of view the situation may have come across as rude, but I'd just like to explain that it's sometimes part of the job to be the bad guy so the guest doesn't have to, but honestly no crew member likes having to do it and certainly takes no pleasure from it.

If the chat goes on a while, they help end it so the guest doesn't have to. He asked for it to end, I assume it was said with a polite tone of voice as no reference has been made to it being said aggressively or overtly rudely? And when Meg herself chose to continue the crew member made no further comment.

I'm sorry you felt this was rude but the GA was just doing his job, he gave Meg the chance to end the conv if she wished to without her having to offend an attendee.

There are times when there may not be another person in the queue but there are other things (show related) that the guest needs to do before the end of the day.

Please also know that we had nothing but positive feedback from Meg about her assistants over the weekend.

• Like 6

Meg Foster was a wonderful experience! I'm very grateful to have been given an opportunity to meet her. She was warm, kind and very interested in talking to us. Up there with Linda Hamilton for me in terms of being one of the nicest guests I've met.

Meg is one of the loveliest guests ever at Collectormania. I love the way she chatted to everyone so intimately and didn't make anyone rush off - I can't stop thinking about how kind she was, I'll never forget my meeting with her.

• Like 1