helpful advice for your weekend with us :-)

yes, as David said, there will be a crew member with each of the guests.

If you want to give them a gift, you would still need a VQ ticket for when you go up to get your autograph, and you could give your gift then. It is of course up to the guest whether they accept it, but most do. Open/un-wrapped food/drink is always iffy though

Couple of Suggestions :

If your bringing lots of stuff to get signed then make sure your Carrying bag/rucksack/troll is comfy as if stood in a long cue last thing you need is the blood cut of in your shoulder!

If bringing a Book to be signed (Such as A Game of Thrones one) to get multiple auto`s in then a set of post it page notes a very good idea or you risk trying to find the correct page in front of said guest!!

You may also want to invest in some rigid toploaders to ensure your auto`s do not get dinged whilst in your bag/troll on sale at most decent traders stalls for reasonable prices!!

Power bar snacks also a good idea to keep up your sugar levels if it is a hot day!

• Moderators

An addendum to the above notes: if you are bringing lots of things to be signed, please make sure you have the correct items out of said comfortable carrying bag before you get to the front of the queue at the guest table. With the busy guests especially, you will only end up annoying all the people behind you if you get to the front and only then start searching around in your bag for the right items.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If there are plenty of 8x10s still available then sometimes you can take one even if you aren't getting it signed. If stocks of a particular image are getting low then you definitely won't.

Whilst on the subject of the 10x8s... I'll be getting my own photo shoots signed but can I still take one of the 10x8s too? might make a collage for the front of my collector's box...

I did that last year with Ben Browder and nobody objected. I actually did announce what I was doing so, I'm sure if it wasn't allowed, somebody would have said.

Whilst on the subject of the 10x8s... I'll be getting my own photo shoots signed but can I still take one of the 10x8s too? might make a collage for the front of my collector's box...

I did that last year with Ben Browder and nobody objected. I actually did announce what I was doing so, I'm sure if it wasn't allowed, somebody would have said.

As etmuse said it depends if stocks are running low. The images are intended for people who don't have anything of their own to sign. If everyone takes one they will run out, then those people will lose out.

I always bring 8x10's to get signed with me, from eash guest. But i prefer the ones SM have. If they don't have the one i like, i still pick one. Then I get my 8x10 signed and the one of SM for myself to collect. I don't do it always, just did it a few times..

As etmuse said it depends if stocks are running low. The images are intended for people who don't have anything of their own to sign. If everyone takes one they will run out, then those people will lose out.

Of course - perfectly understandable. I'll make sure to ask the staffers when I go to get the autograph. No expectations just an idea I had... thanks for the info

Hi all. I've been to a few cons before, mainly working the photo studios but this is my first time at a showmasters con. Couple of quick questions. Are the types of photos poses pretty standard or are we allowed to ask the guest to do something a bit different? If you follow Norman Reedus he quite often flips the bird in his photos. Just wondered if this was out the question? I know it sounds stupid but I am actually serious.

One other thing if there a noticeable difference in lines between the sat and the sun? Only able to attend the Sunday and wondered if this might be a good thing in some ways?

Hi all. I've been to a few cons before, mainly working the photo studios but this is my first time at a showmasters con. Couple of quick questions. Are the types of photos poses pretty standard or are we allowed to ask the guest to do something a bit different? If you follow Norman Reedus he quite often flips the bird in his photos. Just wondered if this was out the question? I know it sounds stupid but I am actually serious.

One other thing if there a noticeable difference in lines between the sat and the sun? Only able to attend the Sunday and wondered if this might be a good thing in some ways?

Feel free to ask for poses. Many do. If a guest has a preference of no poses/no hugs/etc then the crew member will inform you just before you have your photo taken.

Sunday is normally quieter.

• Like 1

Hi all. Probably going to be a stupid question (or 2) but me and some friends are planning on attending on the Saturday and we're first time attendees. I notice the website says that tickets cant be bought online anymore. Can you just rock up on the day and pay on the door? Also, the photo line ups. Do you have to have a ticket to join the queue or can you just tag on the end? And are the photos taken by one of their crew or can a friend take it for you? Many thanks.

• Moderators

All entry tickets are available on the door.

The queue is for those with photo shoot tickets, and it'll be taken by a professional photographer. You will then collect the photo on the way out of the shoot area.

Ok, I have a question?? :smile:. I have my 3 photo shoots, Danny Glover, Sarah Wayne, and Norman Reedus booked for the Sunday. I am planning to do all my Autographs on the Saturday. Example: I am in the queue to have an autograph with say Sarah Wayne and I have a virtual queue ticket for Danny Glover, lets say ticket number 234. What happens if batch 200-300 gets called for Danny and I don't finish my session with Sarah in time and they call batch 300-400 for Danny. Can I still use my ticket for him even though I was for batch 200-300???

Hi all. Probably going to be a stupid question (or 2) but me and some friends are planning on attending on the Saturday and we're first time attendees. I notice the website says that tickets cant be bought online anymore. Can you just rock up on the day and pay on the door? Also, the photo line ups. Do you have to have a ticket to join the queue or can you just tag on the end? And are the photos taken by one of their crew or can a friend take it for you? Many thanks.

In addition to what David said: you will need to buy a photosession ticket at the sales table before you join the line. Without a ticket you'll be refused, you can't pay in line.

Ok, I have a question?? :smile:. I have my 3 photo shoots, Danny Glover, Sarah Wayne, and Norman Reedus booked for the Sunday. I am planning to do all my Autographs on the Saturday. Example: I am in the queue to have an autograph with say Sarah Wayne and I have a virtual queue ticket for Danny Glover, lets say ticket number 234. What happens if batch 200-300 gets called for Danny and I don't finish my session with Sarah in time and they call batch 300-400 for Danny. Can I still use my ticket for him even though I was for batch 200-300???

Yes. You can not miss your slot. You can go any time after your number has been called.

• Like 1

Yes. You can not miss your slot. You can go any time after your number has been called.

Brilliant :smile:. Thank you