Live bands / performance shows

Hey Showmasters

I attended last year's comic con and it was great but I noticed that with all the people around especially on the Saturday, we could barely hear any music playing throughout the hall. I was wondering if there was any chance of getting one or two live bands to play somewhere in the hall? Obviously I might be the only person who is interested in this happening but it was just something I noticed last year and thought you might wanna know about it. It doesn't have to be a specific band or type of music but something that suits the event you know. Anyway just an idea and popping it out there.

raiden58237

You mean over the sound system? I don't think this is going to happen. There are announcements made over the speaker on occasion, and it's hard enough to understand those as it is.

There has been a band on the cosplay stage once if I remember right plus there's the noise from the video game area too. We've had several attendees mentioning that that bit already was quite disruptive.

• Like 1

Can I add a Please No to this. I love music of all types but this is not the place for live bands. As QS mentioned it has been done before and it was horrible. Apart from the poor acoustics, it drowned out the talks and made it hard to converse with guests, some of the guests are not as young as they used to be and find it difficult enough to hear what you are saying to them in just the general hubbub let alone with music blaring out. Also of course, not everyone appreciates the same type of music.

• Like 3

A definite NO from me too....I remember vividly hearing a mish mash of horrific "off sounding" rock music whilst queueing for a talk once ... if "Dracula" couldn't cut it then no one could!!.. :whistling:

Talking about screaming cats!!...

No no no no for LFCC ....it's hard enough to hear the talks over the awful accoustics and crowd noises I'm afraid... :(

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva
  • Like 2

Please no!!! It was so loud and unfortunately not able to be contained to the area it was taking place in, which made hearing anything else in the venue difficult. The noise levels even without it can make hearing the guests difficult as it is.

• Like 1

Dear God no, I remember when we did have a band playing and it was awful (not the music itself), but the band was playing with the talks going on and you couldn't hear anything and I think it clashed with one of the paid talks at one point which must of sucked for those who went to it. I wouldn't mind having someone doing autistic guitar in the foyer though, where it's a more enclosed space away from the main hall

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having someone doing autistic guitar in the foyer though, where it's a more enclosed space away from the main hall

I'm not entirely sure what someone playing autistic guitar would sound like

Edited by Count Fooku
  • Like 1

Would be cool as an after party kind of thing I think, but just not feasible in this situation with all the other noise going on. If there were lots of seperate rooms it would work but not in a massive hall.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree with the majority here- live music would be cool but yes, not everyone likes the same stuff and the tannoy system is almost impossible to hear as it is! I think, personally, I can cope for a weekend just listening to the occasional cosplay masquerade music sessions. :)