guests

ACTUALLY LOVE THERE ARE LOADS OF GOOD GUESTS GOING, JUST CAUSE THE ONES YOU WANT ARENT GOING DOSENT MEAN YOU HAVE TO BE RUDE!!

Well im terribly sorry but i dnt know ne1 goin!!!!!!

oh my god you don't know anyone !!!!!! Haven't you EVER watched the original Star Wars movies ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You don't know who anyone is? I would have thought you would have at least known who Craig Parker and Brad Dourif are, plus the rest of the LOTR actors currently on the guest list.

If you click www.collectormania.com it will show you the actors in costume from some of their roles, and click below their names and pics on the "More Info" links to see what else they have been in...

Also, bear in mind there are still half a dozen or so guests still to be announced, so watch this space! ;)

I'm made up with the people going!!!! At first i was like i don't know anyone going except for about four of them but on relfection and talking with my friends therre are other people that i know want to meet that i originally thought i wouldn't!!!! Like Robert Picardo!!! When i found out in October that he was going i was like oh well never mind there'll be other people but a couple of months on and i'm like yay iu want to meet Robert Picardo because he was in Stargate and also i have started watching voyager and he';s the doctor and apparently he was in legend which i will hopefully see over the easter holidays!!!! yay so i think we should be grateful!!!! :)

Is it my imagination or are some people immensely selfish and idiotic, don't know anyone going, have you had your eyes and ears stitched shut for the last 5 years. As for not wanting to meet any of the people, good, if only more people were as simple as you then there would be more room for proper fans not fly by night 'fans' like yourself.

there arnt any gd people

Thats a bit harsh!! They're all good people!!! Its nice of them to give up their time to come and meet their fans, they don't have to and although they probably get paid, they're doing it for us.

And anyway, Craig Parker's going, he's not just good, he's brilliant!!! :wub:

Love Kayla

Xxx

alot of the people you have mentioned - mainly the LotR stars - have already appeared, BB's been to c3 and LFACC! as much as I LUV Dom and Billy too, it would be cwl if they got some different peeps!

still can't believe you've never watched Star Wars, original or otherwise. those films are LEGENDS! :wub:

then again you are only young so I will let you off! :( xx

still can't believe you've never watched Star Wars, original or otherwise. those films are LEGENDS! :wub: then again you are only young so I will let you off! :D xx

True - I've got pairs of socks that are older than Hazziebaby600! :(:(

Woah!! Hazziebaby600 has only made 30 posts but after the barrage of attack she just received I doubt she'll come back again!!! For goodness sake people. It's fairly obvious to me that she isn't a big sci-fi fan & probably only likes the people she mentioned. Well no harm in that. I'm not a big sci-fi fan either & I fully admit to not having heard of some of the guests. No need to attack people like that. She's entitled to her opinion just as you are & she isn't the first & prob won't be the last to complain about the guest lineup. But you'll never please everryone as Yeltzy says.

Oh & don't start on me now! I'm just expressing my opinion on it! :D

*Waves white flag*

to be honest there are a lot of people on this forum who are not generally fans of sci-fi + cult tv. There seems to be a lot of people who are just fans of lord of the rings or harry potter, and seem to moan quite often about not having the guests they wont to see. I meen billy boyd and dom monaghan cannot come to every showmasters event!!!!

For the real fans of sci-fi, horror, fantasy and cult tv then the lineup is fantastic, i am extremely happy with the calibre of guests showmasters have announced.

Woah!! Hazziebaby600 has only made 30 posts but after the barrage of attack she just received I doubt she'll come back again!!! For goodness sake people. It's fairly obvious to me that she isn't a big sci-fi fan & probably only likes the people she mentioned. Well no harm in that. I'm not a big sci-fi fan either & I fully admit to not having heard of some of the guests. No need to attack people like that. She's entitled to her opinion just as you are & she isn't the first & prob won't be the last to complain about the guest lineup. But you'll never please everryone as Yeltzy says.

Oh & don't start on me now! I'm just expressing my opinion on it! :D *Waves white flag*

I hope not, SDD! :( I don't think you've said anything to get slammed for, to be honest. :jason: As I was saying earlier, and as Surfy observed, HB600 is very young (she's what - 15? Bless!) so she may not have seen many of the films/shows we've been talking about. I hope she does come back, but I think you could be right about her having been scared off. :(

This is one of the reasons that I hate coming to this forum now.

Why are people so horrible here now? :jason: It never used to be like this, but now it's full of bitchiness and backbiting. :(

Showmasters try their best to accommodate guests for all tastes and can't always please everyone. Hazziebaby600 is young (like Yeltzy, I have socks that are older :D ), but this doesn't mean that people have to attack her online! :(

I hope she comes back on the board, but if she doesn't come back, I'm not at all surprised.

I'm sorry for this post, but as Yeltz-Lass already knows, I'm sick to death of all the bad feeling that is on this forum now! :wub:

to be honest there are a lot of people on this forum who are not generally fans of sci-fi + cult tv. There seems to be a lot of people who are just fans of lord of the rings or harry potter, and seem to moan quite often about not having the guests they wont to see. I meen billy boyd and dom monaghan cannot come to every showmasters event!!!!

For the real fans of sci-fi, horror, fantasy and cult tv then the lineup is fantastic, i am extremely happy with the calibre of guests showmasters have announced.

I quite agree, an excellent line up. We should all be thanking Showmasters for all the hard work they are putting in to get such a good range of guests. I think it is sometimes a little unfortunate that some of the younger forum members post the odd complaining, unrealistic and sometimes selfish message , but they are young and they will learn in time to appreciate the wider sci-fi and cult tv spectrum. If nothing else, Showmasters are attracting new people to an area or genre that we all enjoy so much.

Some of the sarcastic comments aimed at Hazziebaby remind me of how some people reacted when bands like the Manic Street Preachers started to break big, and to some extent that has happened with The Darkness too. There was a clique of people who had the attitude "We saw them at the Bog n Turd pub BEFORE they were big!", "I've been into them since their first indie label release!", "I'm a TRUE fan!" etc etc etc.

The way I see it the more people come and enjoy Showmasters events, the better. And in the case of Collectormania, the shopping mall venue with no entry fee was a true innovation in what used to be "behind closed doors" events which many of the public would have taken the mick out of.

Now those same public, including a lot of younger people like Hazziebaby, can see that these events are not all about sexually-frustrated nerds with poor hygiene - although there are always exceptions! :jason:

I hope Hazziebaby will come to C5 and have a good time, not just to see the guests but to enjoy the atmosphere and see everything else there.

The whole point of Showmasters events is to be inclusive and fun, and so I hope certain people will bear that in mind when posting in the forum. The forum should not be about cliques or "It's MY event! You don't belong here!" attitudes. It should be fun and inclusive here too :(

PS - Hazziebaby and friends will most likely learn the ways of the Force soon enough...the hyperbole for Episode III is likely to be inescapable! :(

alot of the people you have mentioned - mainly the LotR stars - have already appeared, BB's been to c3 and LFACC! as much as I LUV Dom and Billy too, it would be cwl if they got some different peeps!

still can't believe you've never watched Star Wars, original or otherwise. those films are LEGENDS! :(

then again you are only young so I will let you off! :angel: xx

my post was meant to be factual and realistic - in terms of guests, I just meant that, ya know, don't get ya hopes up! I'd love to meet Hobbits again but most people probably hope SM will get different guests!

I wasn't dissing Hazziebaby for not seeing Star Wars, just thought most people had, even if they didn't like it! it's like LotR and Titanic and probably a few others, most people have seen them!!! :angry:

the comment about her(?) age was not meant to be agist either! I can't say much, I am only gunna be 20 this year myself! what I meant was, some people grew up with t he films and this would obv depend on your age. some people don't like the prequels cause they are too high tech so have never seen the originals (yey originals!) just most lder people have seen them, maybe its the younger people who haven't!

see now I'm babbling!

sorry Hazziebaby if you were ofended by my message, it was not meant to be offensive! xx

I hope not, SDD! :D I don't think you've said anything to get slammed for, to be honest. :D As I was saying earlier, and as Surfy observed, HB600 is very young (she's what - 15? Bless!) so she may not have seen many of the films/shows we've been talking about. I hope she does come back, but I think you could be right about her having been scared off. :P

I'm a little confused about this whole 'she's only 15' thing. There's a group of kids down my street who are forever playing Star Wars and LOTRs. What has age got to do with anything? I knew who Chewbaccca was when I was about five years old.

I guess people just found her post rather rude considering all the hard work Showmasters are putting in. Maybe she didn't mean to come across that way, but she did.

And I'm even more confused.......if she doesn't know anyone who is going, doesn't know who Wormtongue, Haldir, Lurtz or Isildur are, then she obviously hasn't even seen LOTRs :D

Hazziebaby - I hope you do go and I hope you enjoy yourself. But if you've never seen any of the shows or the films, then there probably isn't a lot of point. Conventions can be quite expensive. Only go if there's someone you really want to see or friends you really want to meet.