Cosplay

OverGeek

is it quite hard to make a jedi costume as i was thinking of cosplaying as a jedi knight next year :smile:

Not really man,

I'm following the Rebel Legion costuming standards, you should sign up to the forum, they've got some awesome tutorials :D

But yeah, it's actually pretty easy.

I'm waiting on a swatch of material coming through for my tunic, if it's right, I'll link you to the materials I'm using :)

A longer version of these curtains is my cloak: http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-plain-canvas-unlined-pencil-pleat-curtains-w168xl137cm-66x54-chocolate/206-2705.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=206-2705

I went for the 6ft x 9ft ones, one curtain is perfect for the body of the cloak for me, and I'm built like a tank XD

• Like 1

@TheLaird what day are you doing Grantaire? want to make sure we get our pic together!!!!

My only cosplay I'm doing is Grantaire, so it'll be both days, unless I decide to go in my own clothes on one day. That probably won't happen though! :-)

Thinking about either a potter or a who costume for my second cos. Running out of time!

Edited by TheLaird

My only cosplay I'm doing is Grantaire, so it'll be both days, unless I decide to go in my own clothes on one day. That probably won't happen though! :-)

Ah that's awesome! I've got two (I've just whipped up a simple TARDIS dress) so I'll likely do Enjolras on the Saturday and TARDIS on Sunday, since my hair will take more effort on the Saturday morning.

I'll hunt you down for a picture! And possibly a song.

Edited by Inga

is it quite hard to make a jedi costume as i was thinking of cosplaying as a jedi knight next year :smile:

Not really man,

I'm following the Rebel Legion costuming standards, you should sign up to the forum, they've got some awesome tutorials :D

But yeah, it's actually pretty easy.

I'm waiting on a swatch of material coming through for my tunic, if it's right, I'll link you to the materials I'm using :)

A longer version of these curtains is my cloak: http://www.tesco.com...&skuId=206-2705

I went for the 6ft x 9ft ones, one curtain is perfect for the body of the cloak for me, and I'm built like a tank XD

Thanks Padawan I will take a look at the Rebel Legion costuming standards tutorials as i most definetly need the help as iam not really the best at sewing lol the Tesco plain canvas curtains look great for a robe like Obi Wan Kenobis :smile:

Depends on your sewing skills :)I unintentionally made something that looked like a Jedi robe for my larp costume lol

Thanks Madmogsue my sewing skills are not too good knowing me i would probably make something like Harry Potters Dementors cloak than a Jedi robe lol :smile:

For once, Mine is done.

I need a haircut, and to make a fake cigar, and that's me.

I'm scared I've forgotten something obvious...

Well short of getting your bones Adamantiumised, sounds like your all set to me.

I have my appointment for that next thursday at 3 ;D

• Like 2

thanks padawan and madmogsue for all your help,i've got everything ready for my govenor costume i couldnt find the right gilet so iam going for the way he looked in the last 2 or 3 episodes :smile:

Edited by carnosoul
  • Like 1

thanks padawan and madmogsue for all your help,i've got everything ready for my govenor costume i couldnt find the right gilet so iam going for the way he looked in the last 2 or 3 episodes :smile:

Not a problem Carnosoul :D

I'll be a Jedi next year, so ye can stick with me if ya want :D

• Like 1

I'm also hopefully going to be wearing self made robes and a cloak for my costume next year, looking to up the ante on my skills. Exciting and kinda nervous about taking the next step, though if it works out to plan it should be pretty badass!

• Like 1