Cosplay

OverGeek

This day has been amazing. I met so many awesome people and i can't remember the names of anyone to find them on people. After the con a whole load of us ended up in the boat and then just sitting outside having a laugh. it was so much fun. I cant wait til next year to see everyone again :3

• Like 1

I got to stop cosplay obscure characters. BUt hey if you didn't know me I was another cosplay guest and one of the judges (The one who wasn't wonder woman) But next year i hope to do a comic book cosplay for once and i am thinking about Gambit from X-Men

• Like 2

Can I say a massive thank you to all the cosplayers who took part in the masquerade.

The costumes were amazing and I think everyone had a great time.

Also want to say a huge thank you to the people who came to watch the masquerade, as without an audience the masquerade has no purpose.

I had a fantastic weekend, and I'm absolutely shattered today. I think next year I also need to change from obscurity and pick something a little more mainstream as only one person recognised the character I cosplayed on Saturday. Sunday however....I got bombarded by loads of pics with my minion cosplay, which was a lot of fun.

I'm already looking forward to next year, and I'll need to start planning some interesting costumes :)

• Like 1

Was there an official video being filmed this year by the by? On the Saturday while I was queuing, this nice guy with a rather nice DSLR came up to me and asked if he could film me, and asked if it could go on "the website"? I was cool woth it, and saw him stoating about the rest of the weekend, so I'm guessing he was part of the Showmasters crew. Just wasn't sure if it was an official thing or whatever?

Quite a few folk milling about the event who are professional photographers and/or run websites etc. They aren't necessarily official "ShowMaster" folk though basically by attending the event and even more by being in costume you agree for your image to be used for official publishing.

It is quite cool to see pictures and videos of yourself in different sites, a lot you will find on Facebook so might be worthwhile signing up to help keep tabs on all the images and videos you find. I'm still finding some from last year.

There were a couple of dudes wearing lanyards toting some serious kit whilst I was taking photos for the UK Garrison. I'm assuming they were making some sort of video feature for Showmasters, or they were just really adept at getting in the way ;)

Either way, I managed to get into the masquerade and snap off a few shots of most of the entrants (except a couple who ran on and off stage in such a hurry all I could manage was a blur)

Link to the gallery on facebook HERE

• Like 1

There were a couple of dudes wearing lanyards toting some serious kit whilst I was taking photos for the UK Garrison. I'm assuming they were making some sort of video feature for Showmasters, or they were just really adept at getting in the way ;)

Either way, I managed to get into the masquerade and snap off a few shots of most of the entrants (except a couple who ran on and off stage in such a hurry all I could manage was a blur)

Link to the gallery on facebook HERE

Yeah that guy had a lanyard and such :)

Won't lie folks, after the awesome quality that was presented the year, I find myself sorely tempted to give the old cosplay a go as well (( currently talking with a friend about the possibility of going as Sasha and Alexis Kaidonovsky, the pilots of the Jaeger Cherno Alpha from Pacific Rim, something small to start out with and what not ))

Edited by Sunspots
  • Like 1

Padawan, at one point on Sunday I am pretty sure my boy (dressed as Iron Man) and I were up in the stands next to you guys munching a hotdog. Son turned round, clocked you and then looked at me half worried/half wondering if Iron Man could take Wolverine haha.

I was tempted to go over and ask if you had spotted the flyers in your local boozer :smile:

• Like 1

Padawan, at one point on Sunday I am pretty sure my boy (dressed as Iron Man) and I were up in the stands next to you guys munching a hotdog. Son turned round, clocked you and then looked at me half worried/half wondering if Iron Man could take Wolverine haha.

I was tempted to go over and ask if you had spotted the flyers in your local boozer :smile:

Haha holy crap that was you?! I spotted the mini Iron Man and had said to m'lady how awesome a costume it was!

Hope he had a good time! And hopefully we'll talk next year XD

• Like 1

I was really wary of doing my Wolverine Costume, as I didn't have the right height or build to pull it off. But last night at work, a wee laddie who got his picture taken with me on Saturday shouted "Mum, Dad! It's Wolverine!!" and he ran up to me, and asked where my blades were. I told him Magneto was in the neighbourhood, so I was keeping a low profile, so that was why I was in a Tesco uniform.

It really made my night, and cemented the fact my costume was at least passable to a 7 year old.

I'm gonna slim down and tone up for next year, so I can cosplay Wolverine again. Also gonna figure out New Blades that are more stuck to my hands, so I'm not holding the apparatus like I was this year :D

So next year, Wolverine shall be there again!!!

Edited by Padawan_Ra'Zen
  • Like 4

I've often considered doing a comic book accurate Wolverine since i have the exact height (5.6) and look (he's decidedly average looking) though I've got a thing for being baddies so i always change my mind in the end. My point being you don't need to fit the Hugh Jackman look to cosplay Wolverine, plus remember it's not important that you fit the exact bill to play a character, it's simply a way to showcase your passions.