Cosplay

OverGeek

You've already asked me this and I told you yes.

Katniss would be a cool cosplay though.

Did I?! Well that's embarrassing. Memory issues! Ok, so a large and cumbersome flagpole will probably arrive at your door sometime in the next two weeks. Have great fun with that.

I do love my Katniss. Bottom of the dress has so much chiffon though, it'd likely take up my whole suitcase. Also it's very make-up heavy. Spray tan (which I'm pretty sure Enjolras doesn't have), glitter, rhinestones - the works! Could just come as a dialled down version though.

• Like 1

While i'm not usually one for cosplaying myself, I must say, I always look forward to seeing the different cosplays that are on display at Collectormania Glasgow, as they're usually quite, quite awesome. Can't wait to see everyone's finished cosplays, and hopefully you wont mind me asking for the odd picture here and there :D

• Like 3

@Inga. Did you get my voicemail on your phone? May have found an alternative for you. A scaled down version of Katniss would work just as well.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the day!

That was you? I'm really sorry but I can't access my voicemail! No idea why but never have been able to. FB it to me?

Haven't seen you in forever, can't wait!

As a first timer to something like this, I don't think ive quite got the bottle to do anything like this as I'm not quite sure what to expect yet.

Apologies in advance if i pester any of you for a picture and who knows, maybe next year.

Same, I had a very basic anthro version of a Moogle for my first cosplay. And don't be afraid to come say hi and ask for pics, most people will be more than happy to pose for a few snaps. Cosplay is a lot of fun, don't be afraid to come and ask either the cosplay team, or the cosplay stars for how to get started. I'm sure even other cosplayers will be happy to offer advice.

Everyone has to start somewhere, so do be afraid, regardless of your ability. Most people will welcome you to the hobby just for giving it a try.

• Like 2

evening, folks.

making progress?

my boys deadpool cosplay is coming together at last.

swords n sheaths for the back done.

some of the addons to the red suit like black arm gloves and chest armory bits are done (were modding a red morphsuit you see)...

leg holsters n toy guns strapped on - done.

the eye mask, the round the back belt thing and a cheap pair of black buits to do/buy/make still but im getting there...

be sure on the day to look for "deadpool" and "guy with deadpool" (which'll be me if i dont finish my deathstroke cos).

deathstroke wise....the mask is killing me, and the armor aint helping matters either. (recommend any lightweight foam armor you guys may have seen locally would help greatly, if you dont mind..?)

other than that, im done on boots, belt, weapons, sword n uniform so i may yet make it....!!!

hope you guys are faring better!!

man, authentic, realistic cosplaying is hard!!!!...

Edited by modern_day_prophet
  • Like 1

evening, folks.

making progress?

my boys deadpool cosplay is coming together at last.

swords n sheaths for the back done.

some of the addons to the red suit like black arm gloves and chest armory bits are done (were modding a red morphsuit you see)...

leg holsters n toy guns strapped on - done.

the eye mask, the round the back belt thing and a cheap pair of black buits to do/buy/make still but im getting there...

be sure on the day to look for "deadpool" and "guy with deadpool" (which'll be me if i dont finish my deathstroke cos).

deathstroke wise....the mask is killing me, and the armor aint helping matters either. (recommend any lightweight foam armor you guys may have seen locally would help greatly, if you dont mind..?)

other than that, im done on boots, belt, weapons, sword n uniform so i may yet make it....!!!

hope you guys are faring better!!

man, authentic, realistic cosplaying is hard!!!!...

Seriously looking forward to getting some pics with you and Deadpool XD

Since y'lknow, Wolverine!

As far as foam armour, you could use (bear with me on this) foam rollmats for camping. They actually paint pretty well, and are lightweight and flexible.

I used some for a daft armour idea I had, and it was quite comfy to wear. Just stuck it together with hot melt glue :D

Amen mdp!! Will anyone be in character???

I was toying with the idea. Was planning on watching a LOT of X-Men, and study his character etc.

I'm getting roughly that he's a bit of a hardass, but in a lovable kinda way, where you can get where he's comin' from y'know?

Also if I do go with the act, should I do an American accent?

• Like 1

Oh I fully intend on being in character for both my cosplays..... Well when I don't need to be focusing on the crewing part of it!

So it's pretty much been decided, on Saturday I'm going to be Allie aka Oliver's mother from Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the white witch, and on Sunday I will be a despicable me minion!

Amen mdp!! Will anyone be in character???

I was toying with the idea. Was planning on watching a LOT of X-Men, and study his character etc.

I'm getting roughly that he's a bit of a hardass, but in a lovable kinda way, where you can get where he's comin' from y'know?

Also if I do go with the act, should I do an American accent?

Thinking I'll be in character as wel. Emotionless Wednesday Addams... it'll be an interesting trial.

Also, if you're Wolverine, shouldn't it be an Canadian accent?

i was entirely "meh" bout johnny depp until i saw fear and loathing in las vegas. then pirates (amazing).

and he looks like he acts everyone off the screen in lone ranger now too.

bit of a man crush going on here i think.

itll pass. i had the same thing with channing tatum a while back when he seemed to be brilliant in eery new release he was in...

@razen..

that sounds genius man.

ill look into those.

as far as being in character goes, deathstroke (the tv version im basing on) doesnt realy say much i guess so i just have to stomp around looking assassin-like!!

the youngster, however, is looking forward to getting away with murder as deadpool is a total wiseass and says things the lad woundnt EVER get away with saying in real life!!!

so if a red blur walks by you and starts ripping your shoes or moons you or whatever, i ask you to just go with it...;-)

hahaha