Cosplay

OverGeek

I say this every year, but if anyone's ever cutting about on their own and looking for some chat, look for the UKCM/prop display table - MoJo's told me that we'll be back in the foyer again this year, so there'll be props and costumes to see, and hopefully some extra coolness for photytooking!

cool, scapey

me and my nephew were over talking to u guys last time and he got holding the smartgun for some photos and that.

so we will stop by and see what youve got on the tables this year too.

we will defnately be partaking of your chestbuster photo op this time too.

is it a definate that youll be doing it?

Edited by modern_day_prophet
  • Like 2

I say this every year, but if anyone's ever cutting about on their own and looking for some chat, look for the UKCM/prop display table - MoJo's told me that we'll be back in the foyer again this year, so there'll be props and costumes to see, and hopefully some extra coolness for photytooking!

How does one get involved with the UKCM? Always thought I'd look good in CM armour XD

• Like 2

Hi Clumprider Welcome to the forum everyone on here is really nice and friendly,Leatherface will be a awesome costume Padawan,BonkersBimbo your High School Of The Dead costume is great too :smile: I've always wonder too how to get involved with the UKCM too :smile:

Edited by carnosoul
  • Like 1

Maybe you could get the flag pole into a few pieces and fit it in your suitcase or something?

And, I know what you mean - I really wanted to see a lot more interaction between Enjolras and Grantaire but, oh well.

Is that bottle suggestive? ;-)

I was thinking about maybe posting it to Glasgow beforehand. How much d'ya reckon that'd cost me?!

I was really disappointed that they missed out their bit of Drink With Me, but I am LOVING that Grantaire is staring right into Enjolras' eyes (albeit with a very scared look on his face) whilst holding that bottle there in that picture!! Everyone else is just looking at him like wtf?

I have a lot of love for this pairing, so tbh I think I would have been disappointed no matter who they cast. It's very rare that I see a Grantaire that I feel is good enough. He needs to be way more devoted to Enj, and MORE DRUNK.

I know what you mean. Just wondering, what are you doing for Enjorlas' shirt? I really don't want to buy one, since the cheapest 1800s-style shirt I've seen is $40 with p&p. I might make it, but I'm not sure...

Depending on the size and weight of the flag, I don't know how much it'll cost. It just depends on whether it'll be cheaper to post it, or pay or extra hand luggage ect.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. Just wondering, what are you doing for Enjorlas' shirt? I really don't want to buy one, since the cheapest 1800s-style shirt I've seen is $40 with p&p. I might make it, but I'm not sure...

Depending on the size and weight of the flag, I don't know how much it'll cost. It just depends on whether it'll be cheaper to post it, or pay or extra hand luggage ect.

http://www.thedarkan...y/C10&showall=1

I seriously love this place, I've bought one of the men's shirts (they don't do girl's ones), and I think I'll wear either a belt or corset over it so that it's more fitted. Mine was £26, so probably about the same price I guess. I'm going to make the waistcoat, sash, and cravat but I don't think my sewing skills are up to making the shirt as well!

Edited by Inga

Really? You guys have always wondered how to get involved?

LOL

S'not like we're not approachable! All you need to do is come hang out with us.

There are no entrance exams or anything - Obviously an Aliens-y costume of some sort helps, as you can't really say you've been on a Combat Drop without at least wearing BDUs ( Or green boxers and some sticky pads as a REAL minimum! - but if you want in, just wander by and let us know... Or swing by the Aliens Legacy forum and sign up there!

• Like 3

http://www.thedarkan...y/C10&showall=1

I seriously love this place, I've bought one of the men's shirts (they don't do girl's ones), and I think I'll wear either a belt or corset over it so that it's more fitted. Mine was £26, so probably about the same price I guess. I'm going to make the waistcoat, sash, and cravat but I don't think my sewing skills are up to making the shirt as well!

Well, luckily, a few days ago I found another Grantaire cosplayer on Tumblr and I really liked their costume. They told me that their shirt was actually just an over-sized dress shirt from M&S or something. Hopefully, I'll save a bit of money and had some more to spend on my wig ect.!

Really? You guys have always wondered how to get involved?

LOL

S'not like we're not approachable! All you need to do is come hang out with us.

There are no entrance exams or anything - Obviously an Aliens-y costume of some sort helps, as you can't really say you've been on a Combat Drop without at least wearing BDUs ( Or green boxers and some sticky pads as a REAL minimum! - but if you want in, just wander by and let us know... Or swing by the Aliens Legacy forum and sign up there!

I've never known if there were any standards as far as Colonial Marines were concerned hehe, I'd love to wander about as a CM, but no real idea where to start for the armour plans y'know?

• Like 1

Most folk tend to go for a set of Spatcave Studios stuff - Wearable out of the box, but there's a waiting list.

Head over to the aforementioned Aliens Legacy forums to see some other options - There's a dude in England doing some pretty sharp looking kits too, now, and Pepakura files are available to do your own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...