Laura Vandervoort

elpachio

I don't understand why there is no official statement from SM yet on Laura Vandervoort........I am assuming she won't be at EMS, but as yet SM continues to remain silent on the subject as far as I can see. So my photo-shoot ticket remains on my desk............any thoughts SM????

I think they are trying to sort something out with her or maybe with one of her co-stars from V or Smallville and they don't want to say anything incase it doesn't come off .... Mine is on my Desk in a frame staring at me ...

I don't understand why there is no official statement from SM yet on Laura Vandervoort........I am assuming she won't be at EMS, but as yet SM continues to remain silent on the subject as far as I can see. So my photo-shoot ticket remains on my desk............any thoughts SM????

I believe there was a quote, that all convention goers had to send the tickets back at our own cost to get a refund, since they cut up/tore all the ones that got refunded. maybe a Moderator will confirm this.

Yep and this tweet was published nearly 4 weeks ago. I really want an update about the tickets SOON. I think I've been very patient on this one. I don't want to pay any postal fee to get my money back or worse, that the post loose my ticket and hence my money.

• Like 1

Looks like a registered post to send it back.....

Luckily I took mine back to LFCC and got my refund there, but I do see where your going with it, having to pay recorded delivery to receive it and pay again to return it...... £5 is £5 at the end of the day....

I don't understand how they can say they don't know who they have given refunds to. There is a number on the ticket. That must correspond to a specific order. If they have kept the ripped tickets that were refunded at LFCC then they should be able to tell who they gave a refund/exchange to and then refund the rest. To keep no record of who you give refunds to is bad practice....

I don't understand how they can say they don't know who they have given refunds to. There is a number on the ticket. That must correspond to a specific order. If they have kept the ripped tickets that were refunded at LFCC then they should be able to tell who they gave a refund/exchange to and then refund the rest. To keep no record of who you give refunds to is bad practice....

They ripped the refunded tickets up, do you think if they are that bad to do that then they are going to be any good at thinking of keeping them. The whole thing was dealt with badly, and who has to pay the price... us of course.

Even so, some people have had automatic refund for guest cancelling and not attending EMS, Laura is the same, this should be an automatic refund.

Please SM, explain to me how the automatic refund system works, and how it cannot apply to Laura's tickets.

I'm losing money by sending the ticket back to you, please advise us.

Even so, some people have had automatic refund for guest cancelling and not attending EMS, Laura is the same, this should be an automatic refund.

Please SM, explain to me how the automatic refund system works, and how it cannot apply to Laura's tickets.

I'm losing money by sending the ticket back to you, please advise us.

The reason they are unlikely to do automatic refunds is because they ripped up the tickets that got refunded at LFCC now don't know who's been refunded. That's the impression I got.

Since there was no response to the idea of taking a photo of our ripped up ticket and emailing it to get a refund, I ended up just sending mine back...and the refund was done pretty soon (without postage mind you)

But it's still a more costly hassle for our European friends and should they send it back then showmasters really should be refunding the postage cost in all cases...a reminder about the OFT guidance to sellers: "If the goods are faulty or do not comply with the contract, you will have to pay for their return whatever the circumstances."

Showmasters have essentially cancelled the contract (not the consumer) so the onus is on them to refund the ticket and any ancillary costs associated with the returned ticket...

Showmasters have essentially cancelled the contract (not the consumer) so the onus is on them to refund the ticket and any ancillary costs associated with the returned ticket...

Lol.. Do you think i'll get my original £2.50 I paid to have the ticket sent to me.... lol..... Just kidding.....

I also think this is wrong and haven't yet sent my ticket off.

Also not everyone comes to this forum, and for those that don't they won't even see that they have to return their tickets, so it's quite likely some people might not get any refund just because they didn't come to this forum. Which is another reason why refunds should be automatic, Showmasters shouldn't be making money off of attendees from cancelled guests.

I'm extremely surprised by the lack of reaction of Showmasters on this issue. What's happening on here? With a few guests announcements being done here and there (2 months to go and only 8 guests announced so far, starts to be a bit worrying... but that's another subject) that means Showmasters representatives are around and somehow they still seem to ignore this topic and our concerns.

As xxc stated before, i think it's high time we hear from them on the matter now.

It puzzles me why a ticket has to be sent out. A barcoded printout should be sufficient. This way, no postage is involved and refunds can be automatically made with the information Showmasters have already got. As it stands, the Distance Selling Regulations state that if something has to be returned because it's not fit for purpose, the vendor has to also refund ALL postage costs.