Cosplay

hello all theres still time to sign up - please read this http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=80555

to pick up from what ziggy was saying please don't forget 'the weapon or prop must be no longer than 1.6 m (5.2ft)' this is key! ;)

Also we do not take requests on the day so please do send us your music track beforehand!

Kind regards

Jess Banks

I'm in two minds whether to wear my Star Trek TWOK uniform on the Saturday or not at all. Got my Trek photos lined up all ready for the day!! Had a blast at DSTL in costume with the stars!! What should I do?

go for it! plenty of star trek guests at the event this year :D also ots of game of thrones guests attending so GOT cosplay is encouraged. think i'm gonna leave Xena for glasgow insted so its buffy and Harley for me! And the epic crew member cosplay on sunday ;)

I'm in two minds whether to wear my Star Trek TWOK uniform on the Saturday or not at all. Got my Trek photos lined up all ready for the day!! Had a blast at DSTL in costume with the stars!! What should I do?

If you don't mind me asking where are you getting your Trek uniforms from? The shops I have looked at (trying to get a TWOK and DS9 uniform) just seem cheap and tacky... I wouldn't know where to start with creating one and I'd end up sewed into the sleeves with my luck...

309k2ti.jpg

My currently in progress cosplay for the Saturday - minus dirt and blood (and my head 'cause I looked awful when I took this). Can you guess what it is yet? :P

That looks like a good costume!

I am really looking forward to it. Our chuck stuff is all done. We went for a red BB gun as I know we could get in trouble is we had a replica one. BOOOOO a red gun does not look as good in photos

I am really looking forward to it. Our chuck stuff is all done. We went for a red BB gun as I know we could get in trouble is we had a replica one. BOOOOO a red gun does not look as good in photos

Thank you very much! It's Maggie from The Walking Dead lol.

That's the problems with weapons. Mine's just a kids plastic one that used to fire little suction cups.

• Like 2

Ok, i see that now you've said it.

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan, so surprised i missed that (at least it was zombie related), though still think it could double as Alice too.

Your is going for Maggies look when the group assault the prison if I'm not mistaken.

That's the problems with weapons. Mine's just a kids plastic one that used to fire little suction cups.

My wife is a big walking dead fan, we are going in cosplay on the Sat. I am sure she will want to find you and have a picture when I show her this!

My Gretel cross bow is the same. Kids one that fires suction cups. Minus the suction cups lmao it won't be loaded with anything to follow rules

I'll be cosplaying as Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) - please come say hi - its only my second time cosplaying! I also have the added advantage of having contacts now, so I can actually hear you when you come and say hello (I know - who'd have thought I'd be deaf without my glasses on!)

• Like 1

I had such epic cosplay ideas this year and time just flew by so fast!! So this year I'll be trying to get away with Kaylee. My partner in crime is volunteering on the saturday, so no True Blood cosplay this year but her BF is going as Jane, so if we stand together our Firefly look should work! :smile: Are there any more Firefly cosplayers going?

• Like 2

I had such epic cosplay ideas this year and time just flew by so fast!! So this year I'll be trying to get away with Kaylee. My partner in crime is volunteering on the saturday, so no True Blood cosplay this year but her BF is going as Jane, so if we stand together our Firefly look should work! :smile: Are there any more Firefly cosplayers going?

I'll be going as Mal on Sunday if you're doing them then? Would be cool to get a photo with you guys.

• Like 1

Ok, i see that now you've said it.

I'm a huge Walking Dead fan, so surprised i missed that (at least it was zombie related), though still think it could double as Alice too.

Your is going for Maggies look when the group assault the prison if I'm not mistaken.

Haha yeah, I guess it does look like a couple of other things, too! Correct, that's the one, I shall be covered in dirt and blood a plenty too next Saturday.

My wife is a big walking dead fan, we are going in cosplay on the Sat. I am sure she will want to find you and have a picture when I show her this!

If you see me, definitely come and say hi! :D I'll be in the Norman and Sarah photo shoots queues too of course, so maybe I'll see you around there if your wife is getting pictures.

Edited by x_moonshine_x
  • Like 2

I'll be going as Mal on Sunday if you're doing them then? Would be cool to get a photo with you guys.

I meant Jayne (I am hanging my head in shame!) I was just sewing my patches on my boilersuit and I realised I spelt his name wrong, oops! oh well!

Oh that's a shame, I was planning on going as Kaylee on the Saturday, would've been great to have a photo, although I will have my stuff with me on Sunday so I could do a quick change just for a pic. If we get time we'll come and find you :smile:

I'll be cosplaying as Daenerys Targaryen (Khaleesi) - please come say hi - its only my second time cosplaying! I also have the added advantage of having contacts now, so I can actually hear you when you come and say hello (I know - who'd have thought I'd be deaf without my glasses on!)

I'll be cosplaying as Arya (blue dress outfit from 1x02) do definitely say hi if you see me first also :) I want to meet more GoT cosplayers. What day/s are you going to be there?

Skit or Walk on? That's to you :). During the masquerade you will have the option of either doing a walk-on performance (i.e walk on, pose and walk off) or a skit based on your character. If you choose to do a walk on be aware you will be asked to pose in three different positions (with a possible 4) whilst on stage. The points to pose will be marked with a cross on the stage and we ask that you pose for roughly 5 seconds on each cross to allow the judges to fully analyze your costume and choice of pose.

If your doing a skit please specify this in your entry if you have not done so already and all music (and accompanying soundtracks) must be sent in advance. Skits must be no longer than two minutes for individual and three minutes for a group. Showmasters also has the right to stop a performance if it becomes either hazardous or inappropriate to the attending public. Please contact us here or with your entry if in doubt about risky content.

Thanks

Zonic

Not really a proper cosplay, though I've been racking my brain trying to decide what i should wear (yeah guys do that too) i decided to go with something a bit different than the usual generic fanboy style i usually wear everyday, i wanted to make a bit more effort here so going for an "inspired by" Bruce Banner (Ruffalo) look. Curious to see how many will even notice or realise.

• Like 1

Hey every one, this is my first time at LFCC, Im going to be coming in costume, just wondering what is the best thing to do regarding changing. Should I get there early, get changed before queueing for a ticket. or queue first and get in then change? or be brave and cosplay the whole way there and back. The only issue is the heat, i fear once everything is on I'll be hotter than a hot thing.

• Like 1