Help! Royal Mail have lost my tickets :(

I was just wondering if there is anyone at showmasters who can help me...

For the past two days I have been too/phoning my post office delivery office as I had a missed letter for my sunday tickets and 1 photoshoot...but the problem is, the post office have lost them :(

I have all my order numbers, I am even willing to come up on the friday or saturday to maybe talk to someone.

Also on the bottom of my missed letter form there is the signed for sticker with the tracing number on there (which you guys will also have your end for delivery tracing) and it says it is at Royal Mail delivery office romford. however with many phone calls and trips there, they can not find it there. all they said they could do was say sorry...but it means I do not have my tickets and photoshoot for sunday which i paid for :(

I have my order number, customer number, conformation email, the lot.

anyone know if there is anything that can be done? or anyone i can get in contact with?

Definitely complain, I got a fivers worth of stams because the lazy sod on our roud put a signed for letter through without getting a signature. I've complained at least once a month until 2 months ago - magically we have no problems now!

I never have to sign for recorded delivery stuff, only special delivery, I guess my postie signs for me, he just puts them through my door. I've never had any go missing though so it doesn't concern me.

Also dont just accept Royal Mail's feeble attempt at an apology. Put in a claim and a complaint!!

the same happened to me ages ago, showmasters sorted it on the day as long as you have printed confimation of your original order.Definately complain to the post office, they owe you compensation of some kind. I got a cheque for the value of the tickets! :smile: did take a few weeks though.

Also dont just accept Royal Mail's feeble attempt at an apology. Put in a claim and a complaint!!

the same happened to me ages ago, showmasters sorted it on the day as long as you have printed confimation of your original order.Definately complain to the post office, they owe you compensation of some kind. I got a cheque for the value of the tickets! :smile: did take a few weeks though.

Thats good that you got compensation.

My regular postman is really good- just the other day he delivered me a box that appeared damaged but the contents werent luckily. He gave me a cliams form on the doorstep for me to fill in if the contents were damaged.

The only things with their claims forms is their idea of the items value and your idea are usually worlds apart. I once received a signed photo that they had severly water damaged. Their idea of its £10 value was way off the mark and I had to really push for much more.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
sorry, had to remove part of your post. This part could potentially lead to trouble.

Unfortunately the Royal Mail will only compensate for lost mail up to the value of £46 for Recorded Delivery (the same as First Class) so if the value of the tickets you bought were more than that, they wont pay for the full value. Only Special Delivery offers more compensation than that.

http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/personal-customers/refunds-and-compensation/claims-process/compensation-tables/compensation-lost

Okay here the update of the tickets now...

I have them in hand :clap:

I phoned the delivery office on tuesday, and they couldnt find them at all and said all they could say was sorry as they was lost. Now two people had taken my details and phone number just incase they turned up..

So for two days I tried phoning again to see if they had turned up..phoned the delivery manager too....however they did not answer and let it go to voice mail. i know they have a system there where the number comes up on screen...so I have a slight feeling they was ignorning me on purpose.

So enough was enough!! I went down there this morning as I was not being ignored for two days. as soon as the guy started looking he lifted up one letter and there it was!

So no one had contacted me to say that they was found, and I said that to the man and he was like "urm..yeah...they prob just turned up"

Grrrrrrr not best pleased with the royal mail!! but at least i have my tickets 100% entry now!! wooo!! cant wait until sunday!!

mine arrived today too, BUT royal mail do not cover for losses of virtual items or tickets. so if they had lost them. thats it tough. direct from head office. as recm del covers nothing now. so only way they will ever pay for lost tickets if they were sent special delivery. load of thieving ???'s

but anyway cut a long story short after 4 days of heated conversations my tickets arrived today finally.

mine arrived today too, BUT royal mail do not cover for losses of virtual items or tickets. so if they had lost them. thats it tough. direct from head office. as recm del covers nothing now. so only way they will ever pay for lost tickets if they were sent special delivery. load of thieving ???'s

but anyway cut a long story short after 4 days of heated conversations my tickets arrived today finally.

Sorry to put my pedantic ex-Post Office employee head on, but Recorded has never covered items of value such as tickets, vouchers, cash etc. To be insured they have always had to be sent by (in the old days Registered before it was merged with) Special Delivery.

Unfortunately Special Delivery is so expensive, it'd be uneconomical for a company to use it to send out tickets for an event like this, when there are many thousands of tickets being dispatched. Special Delivery costs a minimum of £5.65, I certainly couldn't afford to buy tickets at different times if it cost that each time to send them to me.

Sorry to put my pedantic ex-Post Office employee head on, but Recorded has never covered items of value such as tickets, vouchers, cash etc. To be insured they have always had to be sent by (in the old days Registered before it was merged with) Special Delivery.

I didnt know this...ill keep this in mind for the future :)