Feedback

Tina197

Rubbish sign posts from the M1, took us ages to get there :crying:

Once there, we only had a short space of time but got to see Carl Weathers, Jonny Coyne and Phil LaMarr who were all excellent :thumbup:

It's my birthday today, and I got Phil LaMarr ( :king: ) to record a birthday message on my phone from Ollie Williams - Awesome :clap:

I had a great time today. My only disappointments are one guest said he wasnt allowed to sign in blue pen when I asked for it in blue and I booked a photoshoot with Callum for 10am tomorrow and now its after 3 and I wanted to be on my way home well before then as only there for 2 people.

Met Nichelle Nichols today who was lovely, was refusing to do photos at desk saying she was told she wasnt allowed to yet did 1 and then refused the next 2 in the queue. Callum Blue was wonderful and chatted away. Amandla Stenberg was so sweet and a great guest. Brandon Routh seemed to be enjoying it and was chatty to. Found Jonny Coyne a bit rude and there was only me wanting him and was talking to him about Alcatraz and then he started talking to someone else mid conversation.

Hardly any people there at 9am which was great and had a good chance to look at the stalls without being pushed around. Overall a great time.

Yes both did photos at desk. Am not sure if it will change as I was the only one wanting Amandla and Brandon had only 3 people behind me.

Thats good, I'm sure it will be a Lot busier tomorrow but I'll hope there won't be too many 'No Photo' signs around ;)

Yes both did photos at desk. Am not sure if it will change as I was the only one wanting Amandla and Brandon had only 3 people behind me.

Generally there will be less chance of desk photos on saturday purely because of the larger numbers of people but doesn't mean there's no chance.

Had a good day today. Didnt get there until about 10:30. Nice to get a few photos out the way although the numbers were pretty low so not sure how viable it is doing friday photos. Most people seemed to be using Sat or Sun tickets.

Met Nichelle, lovely lady, though did seem a bit tied but was brighter in the photoshoot. Erick Avari was super. No queue so had chance for a long chat with him. Great & very interesting guy. Michael Dorn was fine, Sean Astin was great and chatty too.

Jason Momoa wasn't due to arrive until about 3pm and I wasn't sure whether to wait thinking he might be tired and it all might be a bit rushed as there was quite a big queue for him but he seemed to be on fine form. Laughing and joking with people, could take photos of him signing your item and he was personalising. So I was glad I waited in the end.

The whole event was very quiet, even more so than other fridays I've done, to the point I wondered if was actually worth opening. Think quite a few people got in early, did what they needed to and left but other than people waiting for Jason it seemed pretty dead by then.

Tomorrow is going to be mad though I suspect so very glad I could get some of it done today. Anyway, a good day and had time to catch up with a couple of people I know.

Had a great day today. Was is quiet? Yes. But we got to spend a lot of time with all of the guests chatting which was priceless.

So far I've had the pleasure of meeting Brandon Routh, Dayo, Amandla, James Momoa and Sean Astin, they were all more than happy to chat away, take over the table shots, Amandla and Dayo also let me take some snaps of the 2 of them together messing around which was great!

Best moment of the day is a tie between watching Jason, Dayo and Brandon playing football and also the Residents' Pass talk with Jason and Lance (which was moved to the bar at Jason's request!) Brilliant!

Now it's time to PARTY!!

It's my birthday today, and I got Phil LaMarr ( :king: ) to record a birthday message on my phone from Ollie Williams - Awesome :clap:

Happy birthday. And what a great way to spend a birthday! :thumbup:

Thanks, as a massive Family Guy fan, it made my day!

I have now converted it into an MP3 file.- http://www.4shared.com/mp3/FKuBL8PZ/Ollie_Williams.html (Sadly, you have to wait for an advert to play first)

Signposts to the buses from the train station were ridiculous, telling you to go left then through an underpass to get to the bus stop when in fact it was right and over?! Whose idea was that? There were no more signs after the one telling you to go through the underpass and we ended up having to walk into the centre of town just to find a bus to get us to the stadium in the first place, as we'd got lost after the signs had disappeared. This lead to us only spending about three or four hours in the actual event itself which was a real downer. Very disappointed.

The staff at the train station were misinformed as well, as they told me I'd have to get the number 1 bus and pay a fee because the free bus wasn't running on Friday (it was). Thankfully I had a quick reply from the Showmasters twitter who told me it was running.

Guests were very lovely on Friday. It made my friend's day as she was dressed as Daenerys from Game of Thrones and when we met Jason Momoa he first called her Khaleesi, then whispered 'Moon of my life' in Dothraki to her and signed it on her autograph as well. He made a real fuss of her which was perfect as it was her birthday present :) We also had Thresh and Phil LaMarr shout Khaleesi and make a fuss of her as well!

Rubbish sign posts from the M1, took us ages to get there :crying:

Once there, we only had a short space of time but got to see Carl Weathers, Jonny Coyne and Phil LaMarr who were all excellent :thumbup:

That happens every year for me...been a couple of times now and still get lost...the really stupid thing is it is the football stadium and NO signposts until you hit the turning before! stupid!

Btw no complaints for Showmasters just MK council.

Kriss :)

Had to give up and go home before even getting in. I got there after 9 and couldn't get parked - the whole place was gridlocked. Very disappointed.

TBH, if I had known before hand how busy it was likely to be, in tandem with the car parking being so limited (a lot of it was cordoned off due to roadworks/building works) I probably wouldn't have driven down there. What a shame.

Is the parking that bad because it's a Saturday? Was Friday parking ok? I'm trying to plan ahead for tomorrow. What time did you get there, Tubular?

I got there just after 9.10am this morning. There were no spaces at all round the hotel side; access was limited and difficult (no through roads/cordoned off areas/crash barriers etc). I drove round to the main entrance at Gate 4 round the other side - it was much the same. I asked some helpful looking folks near the entrance if there was anymore parking areas I'd somehow missed, but they re-directed me back to the hotel-side, despite me saying that's where I'd just come from! I drove round all of the areas for about an hour without success and then decided to go home.

I could have put the car in the Asda car park I suppose (I saw some people who were clearly going to Collectormania do just that), but the time on that is limited to a 2-hour stay, then it's a £60 fine.

I also saw a lot of people blocking others in with how they were parking in any vaguely available bit of tiny space in the mess that was the stadium car park. I didn't fancy leaving my car in any place where it was liable to get blocked in or worse pranged - and given the amount of cars that were pouring in that would have a been a distinct possibility I think.

Well in the end I decided to go to MK and meet the Tottenham 61 players who were as usual very happy to talk about the good old days.

Very pleased to see them looking well despite the passing years, which kind of brings me to one of the reasons for my post.

The MK stadium can be a touch chilly even for middle aged individuals such as myself, but I was a little concerned for the players who must have felt the chilly wind blowing in their faces. These guys are approaching 80, and I thought that it was a bit worrying knowing that they would be spending much of the day sitting down with the wind blowing around them. There were no complaints from the players as far as I could see, but as a huge Spurs fan, I was somewhat concerned for their welfare.

Maybe showmasters could think a bit more about having an area similar to that of some of the bigger names which are hidden away from the wind for guests of a certain age for future events.

There were just two other negative observations today. Firstly there was a bit of a wait at the MK station for the free bus service. I know there were only two buses in operation on the day so the times went a bit off schedule. It also meant that those being picked up on the way were basically left waiting because there was no room at all on the bus by the time they were reached.

The only other negative comment was a touch of chaos near the entrance when I finally arrive at around 9.30. There was little room to move around the arena because the pathway was blocked with people either queing or standing in large groups.

Other than that, I once again enjoyed meeting the guests and would like to thank showmasters for allowing me to meet so many of my heroes over the years. :smile:

Overall it was a great day with great guests, just a few minor quibbles which was nobodies fault, however the organisation of the free bus was pretty bad, we didn't use it to get to venue but intended to use it on way back to train station, we only had to wait about an hour but others had been waiting for a lot longer, no one knew where the buses was going from and hadn't seen a bus for about 2 hours, venue staff told people there was no free bus and to go to ASDA only to then get told to come back to gate 4 to await instruction. We then got told where to go and wait for a bus we went and waited another 15-20 minutes until the bus finally turned up, we boarded then the driver proceeded to wait at the stop for another 10 minutes until deciding to leave. However silver lining did meet some great people whilst waiting for the bus....we should've seriously got that sword lol

Edited by Widanelacamber
  • Like 2

Had an amazing day. Callum Blue was the nicest person ever. Was so happy to talk Smallville and seemed so genuine and happy.

I was not expecting Sean Astin to allow posed photos so that was a major happy surprise.

My first collectormania was a very happy and enjoyable experience.....my bank balance probably disagrees!