KEEP THE CONS GOING PLEEEAAASSSEEEEE!

cullencrazy

I still can't get my head round it being the last ever ET con, I just can't process it. I know ME do Bitten and The Hunger Games (both things I like) but not in the same way I adore Twilight. I just feel it's unfinished business coz there are so many people I still want to meet. Is there no way ME can make the cons on a smaller scale (ie back to the Park Inn or similar) or once a year or something???

Or if ticket sales for ET8 are good couldn't we have another one the following year. Just ONE??? I just don't feel emotionally or mentally ready to let go just yet. So sad right now.

You have to imagine how that would look to the "guests" though - " I know we said that ET8 is the last one but we're going to do another one......."

It would be really unprofessional and the actors wouldn't believe a word ME/SM said.

Lets just let it end with the best weekend ever and the memories that will go with it.

x

As strange as it may sound, I'm ready for it to end, I want it to finish on a high :(

You also have to put into account that because it is said to be the last one, there will most probably be more tickets sold, so doing another con afterwards based on ticket sales won't really mean all that much. Like Gillian said, lets all just make sure we have the best weekend ever :P

Edited by Holly

• Moderators

They know what they're doing, and I think we all have to assume that if they've decided not to do them anymore then there's very good reasons for it.

ME have always said they enjoy running the events and would continue for as long as they were successful.

If they recognise that lower ticket sales + a difficulty in getting guests = lower calibre shows, then there's no point in running it into the ground.

I'm sure they will get Twilight guests to signing events if and where possible, but sadly all good things must come to an end.

I agree. ET8 will only be my 3rd ET and as gutted as I am that it is ending and I regret not getting to earlier ones, I think it is best to leave it. Hopefully on a high, which i'm sure it will be :) Plus..I hate odd numbers so if they did ET9 i'd go mad if they didn't do Et10..haha yes i'm weird :dance: xx

I agree. ET8 will only be my 3rd ET and as gutted as I am that it is ending and I regret not getting to earlier ones, I think it is best to leave it. Hopefully on a high, which i'm sure it will be :) Plus..I hate odd numbers so if they did ET9 i'd go mad if they didn't do Et10..haha yes i'm weird :dance: xx

no ur a spaz lmao x

*sigh* Even though I've already met the guests so far announced, it would be cool to go hear what they have to say about breaking dawn. Just a shame that I'd be paying money for the talks alone, because I really don't need yet ANOTHER autograph or photo with them.

Although, I kinda don't want to go because of the cost, but I do because, well... it's the last one. Dammit! lol

Was a sad announcement that ET8 will be the last one :D

was great to meet up in Bham twice a year

I really hoped there will be one in february after the last movie for a nice closing of this wonderful events but noe it is october and i think we should make the best ET ever for the big final :dance:

I have been ensconced in the world of Twilight since 2006. I was at the first convention and will be at the last. Although I am truly saddened that ET8 will be the last, I completely understand the whys. At the end of the day, Twilight was a little indie movie back in 2008. It hadn't been in the cinema more than 2 months when ET1 took place and the cast hadn't reached the popularity that they have now. Thanks to us, the fans, we have made sure that the actors are in high demand and that in turn makes it more costly to secure their attendance at events like these. When attendee numbers drop off, that means less money to pay for the better guests. Of course that's a catch 22 situation since if the better guests aren't booked, the attendees don't want to come. It's sad but since the likes of Peter Facinelli is determined to come to the last UK event we should make sure he remembers the UK fans with fondness when he looks back on his Twilight days. I will always look back on these cons as some of the best times in my life but as I suspect it is for the actors, it's time to leave Twilight behind and move on to pastures new!

I appreciate the points everyone is making I think I'm just clutching at straws. Hopefully another convention company might take it on. It's gonna be so sad in Oct though :-(

2012 is gonna be the year of Twi though - going to Comicon, then ET8 and finally the BD premiere to walk the red carpet so with a bit of luck I'll have met everyone I want to by then. Guess I'm gonna have to get another obsession haha

• Moderators

I'd be very surprised if another con organiser tried it now. It's far too late to start a Twicon in my opinion, and let's be honest - if ME have been doing them for years and feel they can't do them anymore, then a new company will struggle badly.

Although it might be the final full weekend Twilight convention....I am pretty sure that ME/Showmasters will get Twilight guests to attend the likes of LFCC or Collectormania (is that still going?)

There will still be chances to meet Twilight cast members in the future I am sure...

I have been ensconced in the world of Twilight since 2006. I was at the first convention and will be at the last. Although I am truly saddened that ET8 will be the last, I completely understand the whys. At the end of the day, Twilight was a little indie movie back in 2008. It hadn't been in the cinema more than 2 months when ET1 took place and the cast hadn't reached the popularity that they have now. Thanks to us, the fans, we have made sure that the actors are in high demand and that in turn makes it more costly to secure their attendance at events like these. When attendee numbers drop off, that means less money to pay for the better guests. Of course that's a catch 22 situation since if the better guests aren't booked, the attendees don't want to come. It's sad but since the likes of Peter Facinelli is determined to come to the last UK event we should make sure he remembers the UK fans with fondness when he looks back on his Twilight days. I will always look back on these cons as some of the best times in my life but as I suspect it is for the actors, it's time to leave Twilight behind and move on to pastures new!

Very well said hun! x

I'd be very surprised if another con organiser tried it now. It's far too late to start a Twicon in my opinion, and let's be honest - if ME have been doing them for years and feel they can't do them anymore, then a new company will struggle badly.

Agreeed

Although it might be the final full weekend Twilight convention....I am pretty sure that ME/Showmasters will get Twilight guests to attend the likes of LFCC or Collectormania (is that still going?)

There will still be chances to meet Twilight cast members in the future I am sure...

Agreed also. I can't see there being any just for twilight con in the UK anymore, and I'm guessing after 2012/2013 even worldwide but i'm sure if you want to meet the stars that much there are different ways too, like you said comic con etc.

x

Yeah good point. My straws have officially stopped being clutched at lol. But yeah if LFCC got someone I hadn't met before I would probs go there.

I think that they will be another one just not a ET one. ET was the unofficial name. didn't they say it was going to be come official at ET6. so I'm thinking new title, new name :( or at least that's what I'm hoping anyway x

The official thing isn't happening. This is the last one.

Yep, like David said, the official thing isn't happening because of the Lionsgate takeover of Summit. It's a shame but I also heard that the official ones in the US are ending this year also!

I appreciate the points everyone is making I think I'm just clutching at straws. Hopefully another convention company might take it on. It's gonna be so sad in Oct though :-(

2012 is gonna be the year of Twi though - going to Comicon, then ET8 and finally the BD premiere to walk the red carpet so with a bit of luck I'll have met everyone I want to by then. Guess I'm gonna have to get another obsession haha

who will be at comicon from twilight???jus wandering :YAHOO:

who will be at comicon from twilight???jus wandering :P

Dunno yet but normally the big 3 go and I'm hoping with it being the last promo for the final part in the Saga that there will be a good turn out *crosses fingers and toes**