Eating at the radisson?

veganmaxine

Hi all that haven't left yet!

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the radisson heathrow, and if so, what is the food situation like?

I.E any con food, is the bar service good (I remember that at the hilton you had to wait an age for chips!).

Also is breakfast the usual fare of cooked, or continental (hope so!)

Thanks guys,

Maxine

i stayed at the rad for hallowhedon 3

the food is rather expensive as are the drinks

cost 12.00 for 2 drinks at bar!

the breakfast is inclusive and was really nice :) it was a mix of cooked and continental!

it is a lovely hotel though :)

Edited by quidditysea

Thanks guys.

I don't do MCD's but breakfast sounds good, so I'll be having lots of that then!

Eeek, that's steep quidditysea!

I know when I stayed at the Sheraton there wasn't all that much around, but a short walk away there were 2 pubs serving food.

I'm not sure how close we are to that though.

Thanks again,

Maxine ;0)

Edited by veganmaxine

been to lots of cons at the Rad its a 4* so bound to be expensive, we always take our own alcohol and snacks and eat at the Pheasant as its the official con pub you'll find most people down here.The staff are really nice, the food is home cooked with huge portions and they serve till 10.30 at night even on a sunday.

Edited by buffy2k

I'm not going to this show but I was at the hotel in September for Autographica.

The Pheasent is just a bit further along from the hotel, I didn't eat in there but I popped my head round the door and it looked pretty nice. I heard positive things from other attendees about it as well.

There is also a pub in the opposite direction. I ate there on the Saturday night, it probably wouldn't trouble the michelin people too much but it was a decent plateful for a reasonable price given it was so close to the airport. It looked a bit rough from the outside but it was fine inside.

Across the road from there is a small petrol station which sells some basics if you want to stock up on snacks but behind there is a parade of shops which I only found late in the weekend which had an Italian restaurant which I think also did takeaway pizzas (again I'm not sure it would be the greatest Italian food you would ever eat but it was busy enough when I walked past). Next to that though is a larger mini super market, again useful for stocking up on bits and bobs, plus I think they seemed to have some sort of hot food counter which wasn't open when I was in there but it seemed to sell curries and the like. COuldn't comment on how good they were but it is an option.

None of these places were more than 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel so there is stuff around.

Worth mentioning as well there are some PCs in a small room just off to the side of the lobby with free internet access so you can do some searching in there if you need more specific instructions.

Thanks Guys for all your help!

In the end I took quite a lot of snacks with me, and we ordered room service on Saturday night.

Although I wasn't feeling at all hungry (for a change, lol),

I paid for not eating by getting a bad head - thankfully at the end os Sunday. Phew!

I've made a note of all those places Count fooku, and will be using in feb for the chevron con!

Thank goodness we are back at the park inn for the next hub!

Thanks Guys for all your help!

In the end I took quite a lot of snacks with me, and we ordered room service on Saturday night.

Although I wasn't feeling at all hungry (for a change, lol),

I paid for not eating by getting a bad head - thankfully at the end os Sunday. Phew!

I've made a note of all those places Count fooku, and will be using in feb for the chevron con!

Thank goodness we are back at the park inn for the next hub!

if we piled up all the free glasses from maccies in the hub how high would it have gone? ;)

if we piled up all the free glasses from maccies in the hub how high would it have gone? ;)

LOL! We were quite pleased to end up with 6 between the 2 of us, now if we have people round for dinner we can give them matching coke glasses :firedevil: It was a good excuse to 'go large' too :firedevil:

We ate at McDonald's on Saturday lunch time and ordered room service on Saturday night, which wasn't too bad price wise. We then got some food from the little sandwich bar in the foyer opposite reception on Sunday. Not too bad and it kept us going.

So, in the end we got one Coke glass. ;)

xxx