Sanctuary Guests

fifi

Great guest...but (not to be a party pooper)...does this mean we're not having exclusively Stargate guests anymore? The last few have been very SG1 focussed and, as a SGA fan, I would like to see some more of the actors headlining Chevrons and I know a few SGU fans who feel the same way. I would hate for the event to move away from Stargate too much.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic guest!! so excited to meet Robin!! I LOVE WILL!! :WAVE:

Great guest...but (not to be a party pooper)...does this mean we're not having exclusively Stargate guests anymore? The last few have been very SG1 focussed and, as a SGA fan, I would like to see some more of the actors headlining Chevrons and I know a few SGU fans who feel the same way. I would hate for the event to move away from Stargate too much.

im with you on the more SGA/SGU guests!! but have to say im LOVING the Sanctuary addition!! bonus is there is quite alot of x-over between Stargate/Sanctuary so all being well we will see guests from across the board!!

Agreed. We have had a lot of SG-1 guests (which is great) but we definitely need some more SGA and SGU guests in future too.

And as much as I love Sanctuary, and Robin is a great Sanctuary guest, I do find it a bit odd that he's attending a Stargate convention, to my knowledge he's never been in Stargate. I'm not trying to sound negative, he's a good guest, it's just not the ideal event for him as not all Stargate fans are Sanctuary fans.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting him too :thumbup:

Agreed. We have had a lot of SG-1 guests (which is great) but we definitely need some more SGA and SGU guests in future too.

And as much as I love Sanctuary, and Robin is a great Sanctuary guest, I do find it a bit odd that he's attending a Stargate convention, to my knowledge he's never been in Stargate. I'm not trying to sound negative, he's a good guest, it's just not the ideal event for him as not all Stargate fans are Sanctuary fans.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting him too :thumbup:

How I feel. I really want these events to stay as Stargate if possible. That's what makes them special and different to the bigger cons like Comicon or EMS.

At EMS there were flyers and posters for Chevron 7.8 which stated it is a Stargate and Sanctuary convention. Though I don't know if that's a one-off thing for when Amanda is here, or if it will continue past 7.8. It would've been nice for that to have been announced on the forum though. With this news though, this guest announcement now fits perfectly with the convention.

Edited by Christoff

*creeps in ninja style* ssshhhh, if we're having a Sanctuary cross over it means double the reason to have boat load of SGA actors there's a HUGE crossover :YAHOO:

David Hewlett was Larry Tolson in the first webisode

Christopher Heyerdahl-Todd the Wraith / Halling,

Agam Darshi -Novo ,

Paul McGillion-Terrence Wexford,

Chuck Campbell-Two Faced Guy,

Kavan Smith-Det. Joe Cavanaugh,

Martin Christopher-Father Clark,

Christopher Gauthier-Walter 'The Adjustor',

Ronald Selmour-Kanaan (Sanctuary that is.),

Ryan Robbins-Henry Foss

to name a few.

Edited by Ophelia

Just curious as to why a non Stargate person is attending this event ????? The very title of the Event is Chevron NOT Chevron and some other tv shows :D

Also why oh why have the prices gone up again ???? They weren't that expensive when RDA attended last time even though I want to meet Amanda I feel begrudged to fork out more money than usual to attend an event that I have been to right from the very first one and have the addition of some complete random celebrity that i have no interest in what so ever ;) I don't even watch the show Sanctuary !

The advertising at EMS apparently said 7.8 was going to include Sanctuary. I imagine this is an exception because Sanctuary is Amanda's current project.

When RDA appeared there were some limitations, such as not all ticket holders receiving an in person autograph. Compared to the RDA appearance Standard Tickets got 10 pounds more expensive, but the ticket holders will get an in person autograph of Amanda. At Collectormania etc. an in person autograph of her would be 20 pounds going from past price announcements.

The advertising at EMS apparently said 7.8 was going to include Sanctuary. I imagine this is an exception because Sanctuary is Amanda's current project.

When RDA appeared there were some limitations, such as not all ticket holders receiving an in person autograph. Compared to the RDA appearance Standard Tickets got 10 pounds more expensive, but the ticket holders will get an in person autograph of Amanda. At Collectormania etc. an in person autograph of her would be 20 pounds going from past price announcements.

So basically what you are saying is if I pay the price for a ticket I end up with an auto graph from a person that I don't really want or know the whole point of having a Stargate convention is for Stargate fans to see the actors of the show they like

Personally I think a cheaper ticket option should be available where it doesnt include the non Stargate people that way were not wasting our money on something we don't want :-(

Just for the record, I don't have any interest in Sanctuary at all. Never watched the show in fact.

We don't know the reason why Robin was added. For all I know adding Sanctuary to the line up could be the reason why ME got Amanda at all.

Does Robin being there bother me? No. I heard only good things about him as a guest, and there won't be only Sanctuary related questions during his panel.

It's the same situation if you're more focused on Atlantis guests, really. There's lots of Atlantis fans who never watched SG-1 or if they did they don't like it. If the line up is mixed they pay for guests they don't have a real interest in as well.

I'll remove these posts from the Robin's announcement topic as we are generally trying to keep these positive, but I will open a topic for it because it seems this does interest a lot of attendees.

*creeps in ninja style* ssshhhh, if we're having a Sanctuary cross over it means double the reason to have boat load of SGA actors there's a HUGE crossover :D

Agam Darshi -Novo ,

Ryan Robbins-Henry Foss

to name a few.

And Michael Shanks as the wonderfully angsty and very sexy in leather Jimmy "the Pouch"....

He's due for a return methinks after having to drop out of Chevron 7.5 - can we get him back again please!!!!...

Deeds xx

*creeps in ninja style* ssshhhh, if we're having a Sanctuary cross over it means double the reason to have boat load of SGA actors there's a HUGE crossover :wub:

Agam Darshi -Novo ,

Ryan Robbins-Henry Foss

to name a few.

And Michael Shanks as the wonderfully angsty and very sexy in leather Jimmy "the Pouch"....

He's due for a return methinks after having to drop out of Chevron 7.5 - can we get him back again please!!!!...

Deeds xx

For shame! How could I forget the mighty Michael Shanks. Jimmy "the Pouch" was a great character.

Maybe Amanda Tapping thought that Stragate fans were all such a friendly bunch of people we'd welcome and maybe enjoy meeting one of her co-stars who is a verynice, funny guy and likes to drop his trousers at a drop of a hat (or so I've heard).

Edited by Ophelia

Yep he'd be the only reason I'd go I think.....I'm not a great Sanctuary fan, although I did enjoy Michael's episode plus a couple of others....I have met Amanda a few times and as lovely as she is, I'm not invested in getting anything to do with Helen Magnus signed and I have enough SG-1 stuff from her already....Robin I'm afraid I have no interest in at all and can certainly survive without seeing someone drop their pants at a con!....I'm way past all that stuff nowadays sadly....I go to listen to the talks in the hope that we'll get some new questions and interesting answers about the actors lives and careers.....:D

Amanda does seem to be doing most of her appearances with Robin these days so maybe it was her idea?...either way it doesn't bother me too much but I do have to align myself with the "I'd prefer to keep the Chevron's truly exclusive Stargate Cons" camp.. :P

Deeds xx

can certainly survive without seeing someone drop their pants at a con!....I'm way past all that stuff nowadays sadly....I go to listen to the talks in the hope that we'll get some new questions and interesting answers about the actors lives and careers..... :gorgeous:

Amanda does seem to be doing most of her appearances with Robin these days so maybe it was her idea?...either way it doesn't bother me too much but I do have to align myself with the "I'd prefer to keep the Chevron's truly exclusive Stargate Cons" camp.. :lol:

Deeds xx

Oh I definitely go for the talks and q&a's as well. Maybe the Chevron events are more sedate than I'm used to. I've mostly been to The Hub events which are quite lighthearted. I think it must be written into their contracts they must drop their pants at least once a day so and as a mature female I have absolutely nothing against a good looking fella dropping his pants at random moments on stage. :blush:

Edited by Ophelia

Maybe the Chevron events are more sedate than I'm used to. I've mostly been to The Hub events which are quite lighthearted.
Generally speaking there is a different..... tone (safest word that I can go with :lol: ) with the talks at Hub events in comparison to those of Chevron, and probably any other event!

They are all very enjoyable though.

Maybe the Chevron events are more sedate than I'm used to. I've mostly been to The Hub events which are quite lighthearted.
Generally speaking there is a different..... tone (safest word that I can go with :D ) with the talks at Hub events in comparison to those of Chevron, and probably any other event!

They are all very enjoyable though.

LOL very well put, I totally understand what you mean :D

Just for the record, I don't have any interest in Sanctuary at all. Never watched the show in fact.

We don't know the reason why Robin was added. For all I know adding Sanctuary to the line up could be the reason why ME got Amanda at all.

Does Robin being there bother me? No. I heard only good things about him as a guest, and there won't be only Sanctuary related questions during his panel.

It's the same situation if you're more focused on Atlantis guests, really. There's lots of Atlantis fans who never watched SG-1 or if they did they don't like it. If the line up is mixed they pay for guests they don't have a real interest in as well.

I'll remove these posts from the Robin's announcement topic as we are generally trying to keep these positive, but I will open a topic for it because it seems this does interest a lot of attendees.

See what your saying but you still not answering why we have to pay more ??? Standard tickets for example have always been £78 but now it's jumped £20 :-0 £10 more than RDA and he's the bigger star what gives ???

Or is it a way of making money back as the event has moved to Heathrow ??

See what your saying but you still not answering why we have to pay more ??? Standard tickets for example have always been £78 but now it's jumped £20 :-0 £10 more than RDA and he's the bigger star what gives ???

The exact reasons for ticket prices are not normally revealed.

Regarding 7.6/RDA, ME mentioned at the time that if it was possible for Standard ticket holders to have an in-person autograph from RDA then the Standard ticket price for that event would have certainly gone up by more than the £10 that it did. For this event all ticket holders (including Standards) will receive an in-person autograph from Amanda.

As you are comparing, Silver and Gold are both less (£10 and £20 respectively) than they were at the 7.6 event.

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly I understand what people are saying about keeping to purely SG related but I honestly don't think having Robin detracts from the show as a whole, there will still be plenty of great SG guests.

None of the Mods have any information on pricing and have nothing to do with pricing the events. That is all dealt with by Mark the owner of ME. Should you wish to discuss it with him, please feel free to email him at info@showmastersonline.com

You mention the difference in price of standard tickets between 7.6 and 7.8. But what you've missed is that standards didn't get an in-person autograph from RDA, but they do get in-person autograph(s) from Amanda.

And that both the Gold and Silver tickets are lower for 7.8 than 7.6. At 7.6 Mark made the decision that as standard ticket holders could not be offered an in-person RDA autograph that the larger price rise should be put on the tickets that were getting the most out of it, i.e. gold and silver. That is not the case at 7.8.

Firstly I understand what people are saying about keeping to purely SG related but I honestly don't think having Robin detracts from the show as a whole, there will still be plenty of great SG guests.

I'm sure you're right TooTall. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but to be honest I'm quite shocked and a little embarrassed by the reaction to the announcement considering the huge crossover that Sanctuary has with SGA actors in particular, to the point where I was wondering if Chevron was even the right event for me. I hope Robin and Amanda or their rep's don't read any of this.

I have answered this in my very first reply to you

There's the difference in the "package" you receive. 7.6 had RDA excluded as an autograph for Standard Ticket holders, but for 10 pounds more than the RDA ticket Amanda's autograph is included for Standard Ticket holders.

For more detailed pricing questions please talk to Mark like TooTall has said. The above is everything I can tell you. One more autograph by one of the most popular SG guests means a different price than before.

Glad that's all cleared up then :D

As for Ophelia's reply what difference does a cross over make ??? Many actors / actresses star in different shows movies, and what you embarrassed for I asked the question not you I'm sure the stars will still love you :blink:

This particular guest wasn't in Stargate so why attend a Stargate Con? I'm sure people who watch Sanctuary will be loving the idea of seeing 2 of it's stars but for me I'm only interested in Stargate cast/ crew, be interesting to see what happens during the talks that's based around experiences in Stargate ;-)