6.11 The God Complex

PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

Oh my days! What just happened, I thought the episode was pretty good, but the last 5 - 10 minutes was like WOW! I have to admit, I'm very sad to see them go, though I'm certain they will be back soon, if not just for new unseen parts in the finale when I imagine the events of the opener of the season will be revisited. I thought the Minotaur was an interesting idea, though not 100% convinced by the costume, but I got past that. I thought it was a clever way to solve the problem too, sort of anticipated it, but then when it came around I don't think I was prepared for THAT. Also, Rory shares my favourite car ever!!

Edit: and how awesome did the trailer look for next week? Do we think there could be some significance to the fact Matt has worn that longer, darker jacket in only Let's Kill Hitler and the one next week? As in in terms of timeline?

Edited by cyd0nian

What was behind The Doctor's door? Do you think we will ever find out, I assume it was a person because he said "it couldn't be anybody else?" I think considering it was door number 11 it will have been the 12th Doctor, waiting to replace him...

Edited by cyd0nian

I don't know whats wrong - I thought it was a wonderful episode - this series has been excellent.

I don't think its the last we've seen of Rory and Amy thank goodness - hopefully they'll be in the finale.

Nice touch - The Doctor's door being number 11.

Roll on next week.

I don't know whats wrong - I thought it was a wonderful episode - this series has been excellent.

I don't think its the last we've seen of Rory and Amy thank goodness - hopefully they'll be in the finale.

Nice touch - The Doctor's door being number 11.

Roll on next week.

EDIT I REMOVED IT APPARENT SPOLIER

Edited by PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

Enjoyed the episode but taken aback by the ending. Wasn't expecting that but it felt almost like a tacked on afterthought, not really what I would have expected. If that's really the end of Amy and Rory as main companions I'm rather sad about it, I liked the interaction between them all, far more so than any of the other companions since it restarted.

Do feel they've lost sight of the story arc that was running through earlier episodes though which is making it seem a bit disjointed but as a standalone episode it was quite clever.

Enjoyed the episode but taken aback by the ending. Wasn't expecting that but it felt almost like a tacked on afterthought, not really what I would have expected. If that's really the end of Amy and Rory as main companions I'm rather sad about it, I liked the interaction between them all, far more so than any of the other companions since it restarted.

Do feel they've lost sight of the story arc that was running through earlier episodes though which is making it seem a bit disjointed but as a standalone episode it was quite clever.

Quite right!

They have forgotten entirely about finding River Song. That's why it's so disjointed, things are happening and you think..."but you have promised that you'd not rest until you find River...so, what are you doing now?!"

It's almost as if these were all shot out of sequence, that would also explain the feeling of tacked on ending speech.

Quite right!

They have forgotten entirely about finding River Song. That's why it's so disjointed, things are happening and you think..."but you have promised that you'd not rest until you find River...so, what are you doing now?!"

It's almost as if these were all shot out of sequence, that would also explain the feeling of tacked on ending speech.

I think I read that Night Terrors was originally supposed to be shown a lot earlier so maybe some others are out of the originally intended sequence too but I agree, finding the baby (even though we know who it turns out to be) was supposed to be the priority yet they seem to have completely forgotten about that, and not even a mention in the speech at the end of this episode. Surely the Doctor wouldn't leave them without that task unresolved.

I think that's the thing that annoyed me most about the ending. That whole huge story arc that's been set up over the last few seasons seems to be have been completely forgotten. I know it hasn't but it just comes across that way at the moment and it's bugging me.

Edited by Rockstar6662

River was found in Lets kill Hitler in the form of Mels, to show that she was never found till that point.

As for the Doctor's door as it revolves around faith it could be:

1) Incarnations 1 - 10, 12 & 13

2) His companions and trusted associates

3) Susan

4) just a mirror

5) The TARDIS

6) Verity Lambert & Sidney Newman having tea with Phillip Segal, Nicholas Briggs, Russell T Davies & Stephen Moffatt

Edited by Harry

It's probably just HIM behind his door, it's him he fears the most isn't it?

I thought it was brilliant episode, wasn't expecting the end but who knows what happens next....ALL I DO KNOW is!!!....I can't wait for next week as that is the episode we saw filmed!!!!! fab!

Brill episode i reckon behined The Doctor door was The Master could it be him

I doubt it would be. In a Pertwee episode we learn that the Master's greatest fear is the Doctor laughing at him. This suggests that the Doctor is superior to him and therefore would be unlikely to fear him.

I enjoyed this episode.

I thought it was clear river was in the docs room, also u hear her voice I think prior to him opening the door with the other voices saying praise him?
I didn't take much notice of the voices the first time I watched it. Since reading your comment I have re-watched that scene a few times, but I still can't hear River though :(

I thought that it was himself.

I enjoyed this episode.

I thought it was clear river was in the docs room, also u hear her voice I think prior to him opening the door with the other voices saying praise him?
I didn't take much notice of the voices the first time I watched it. Since reading your comment I have re-watched that scene a few times, but I still can't hear River though :jason:

I thought that it was himself.

to be fair I saw it with a room full of who fans, ive not had time to rewatch yet