Improving the Photo Collection Point Access

GoldenGreen

I know quite a lot of people raised this after LFCC and so I wondered what plans were in place to improve this for the Entertainment and Media Show ?

This could also be a thread for people to make any suggestions that they think might improve the situation this time around.

TooTall and Jason have both confirmed that this is being worked on for the next show (which would be EMS) after LFACC.

That's great, it will be good to hear what the changes are. Don't forget no one person has all the answers so I'm sure TooTall and Jason would also want to hear any positive suggestions for improvements as well. Jason often asks for suggestions and thoughts on events and guests.

That's great, it will be good to hear what the changes are. Don't forget no one person has all the answers so I'm sure TooTall and Jason would also want to hear any positive suggestions for improvements as well. Jason often asks for suggestions and thoughts on events and guests.

There have been a lot of suggestions about this after LFACC already, but I am sure any additional ones are welcome.

After LFACC I'd suggested having high boards at the collection area with numbers or info on them as the problem in the past was that people were trying to get to the front of the throng to collect photos while others were trying to get out. In addition, people were trying to collect photos which weren't there or at the other end of the table.

At LFACC the throng was 5 or 6 folk deep so it needs to be something high and possibly numbered. I'm thinking of something like what Argos does with different numbered sections.

I'd also suggest an information board or 2 somewhere near the entrance or main meeting point which can be updated to let people know which photos are back yet. This will stop folk crowding the collection area when their photos aren't there. If you've been to any of the Theme Parks, then you'll know the kind of thing I mean - it doesn't need times or expected times on it, just a list of photos which are back in the building and which collection point they are at. It might mean some of the crew having to keep the board updated and running backwards and forwards but the benefits would be immense.

For the regular show attendees, it would be great to have continuity from show to show. For example, the paid for talks having seat numbers, then the next year being a free-for-all, then the next having the rows numbered only. The photo collections have been going for years now, so perhaps keep note of what works and use that as a template for improving upon. Same for bag collection. A lot of the time when something works well, it gets reset and forgotten about by the time the next show comes along. Instead it should be a constant process of improvement.

If it was bad at LFCC, I can't begin to imagine what it'll be like with Tennant there! The scrum to get the photos on the Saturday was scary and I nearly got crushed by some big guys (I mean seriously, is there no such thing as chivalry anymore guys?!) and I don't want that again!

This is the one area of the shows that has never ever worked well in all the years I've been going to them. Even on the day itself its always seemed like a complete afterthought. Would love to think that it's going to get better, but not expecting anything. We're always promised it'll be better but it never is...