are next years Dates set in stone?

Hi, next year the convention is around the time of the games....it's going to be hard to book hotels close by, unless I book well in advance. This year didnt you change the dates of the convention? (or am I going mad??)

If I book next years hotel soon ...over the next two weeks...am I safe in the knowledge that you wont change convention dates again? .....I'd hate to loose the hotel money.

Go ahead and book it, just book a hotel you can cancel. Yeah, it costs a little more to do that, but you don't have to pay upfront and it solves the problem. You have a hotel, and if the date does change, you have the option to cancel it and rebook on the new dates.

Edited by x_moonshine_x

Came in on the train each day this year which was nice and cheap though meant an early start. Olympia is just that little bit trickier to get to so might book a hotel that can be cancelled within reasonable walking distance just in case. Adds quite a bit to the expense of the weekend though as I'm not keen on the really cheap ones.

Can't believe I'm thinking about that already before I even know if there will even be any guests I want to meet. Though that may not be such an issue based on this year.

is Olympia Grand Hall easy to get to from either earl's court or victoria coach station? I don't really know the area.

We found earl's court very convenient for our national express busses, would this be similar?

is Olympia Grand Hall easy to get to from either earl's court or victoria coach station? I don't really know the area.

We found earl's court very convenient for our national express busses, would this be similar?

west brompton station is the stop after earls court station and is opposite ealrs court, from WBS its just one stop on the overground thats what ill be doing next year. my hotel will be in the earls court area just need the money now to sort that part out.

Go ahead and book it, just book a hotel you can cancel. Yeah, it costs a little more to do that, but you don't have to pay upfront and it solves the problem. You have a hotel, and if the date does change, you have the option to cancel it and rebook on the new dates.

Its the other way round for me at the mo, I usually spend £30 on a hotel then £200 on autos than viceversa. But at present the only rooms coming near £30 (which aren;t that near!) want money now (still recovering!) or have a cancellation fee.

Oh man it clashes with Sonisphere AGAIN! WHY?!!!! Metal fans are geeks you know.

I thought they were going to move that back to the start of August again. The only reason it was this last weekend this year was because that's the only time they could get the Big4 all together to do all the shows.

Ah well, to be honest I had such a good time at LFCC I think I'd rather do that and catch any bands I want to see when they tour on their own. Most bands come round pretty regularly, most of the guests at the SM events don't.

Interesting.........where is that if you don't mind me being nosey!?! :coolthumb:

Euro Hotel Hammersmith.

Booked through late rooms.

sounds basic but basic is all i want.

Edited by Sorock

I thought they were going to move that back to the start of August again. The only reason it was this last weekend this year was because that's the only time they could get the Big4 all together to do all the shows.

Ah well, to be honest I had such a good time at LFCC I think I'd rather do that and catch any bands I want to see when they tour on their own. Most bands come round pretty regularly, most of the guests at the SM events don't.

Sadly they're sticking with July. I went on the Friday for the Big 4 and travelled back home that night, got up at 5am to crew on the Saturday and was subsequently a whinge-bag all weekend as I was so tired and acutely aware that I was missing some great bands. I just hate having to choose.