are next years Dates set in stone?

Is it where they had EMS last year??
That was the same venue but in a different hall - the Olympia 2 hall. LFCC 2012 will be in the Grand Hall. For a general layout of the Olympia venue, have a look at the black & white map at the very bottom here

That was the same venue but in a different hall - the Olympia 2 hall. LFCC 2012 will be in the Grand Hall. For a general layout of the Olympia venue, have a look at the black & white map at the very bottom here

Olympia Grand Hall is facing you as you come out of the Olympia tube station, tubes to Earls Court are about every 20 minutes

Olympia Grand Hall is facing you as you come out of the Olympia tube station, tubes to Earls Court are about every 20 minutes

As infrequent as that? Been a long time since I've had cause to go to Olympia. Can walk from Earls Court in about that time I think.

Oh man it clashes with Sonisphere AGAIN! WHY?!!!! Metal fans are geeks you know.

I know, my heart sank when I saw the dates! Just about managed to do LFCC Saturday and Sonisphere sunday but I wouldn't reccommend it! Looks like I'm just going to have to decide closer to the time dependant on what guests/acts are at each!

Oh man it clashes with Sonisphere AGAIN! WHY?!!!! Metal fans are geeks you know.

I know, my heart sank when I saw the dates! Just about managed to do LFCC Saturday and Sonisphere sunday but I wouldn't reccommend it! Looks like I'm just going to have to decide closer to the time dependant on what guests/acts are at each!

Same here. Won't make a decision until I know who's going to what. It's still annoying though.

Same here. Won't make a decision until I know who's going to what. It's still annoying though.

It is yeah, I'd have loved it if they had one that weekend and one the weekend before or after - then I wouldn't have to choose...though would be flat broke lol

I really liked it when London Film and Comic Con was held at Earl's Court in the previous years, it was a lot of fun there and when I attended the convention nearly every year it was a venue that I got used to very well. Although, I was very suprised to find out that next year's event will be held at Olympia.

The advantage of this though is that I live not far from there and when I went to Olympia for Collectormania in 2009 and 2010, all it took was a few stops by bus to get there. If I want, I can even walk from where I live till Olympia but it depends if I'm not in my lazy mood.

I would consider attending next year's event if any of the guests are interesting.

Edited by adamthehorrorfan

I was very suprised to find out that next year's event will be held at Olympia.

I would imagine it's because the earls court venues are being used for Olympics events and will be in full prep mode for that.

Olympia is a bit more of a pain to get to for me on a daily basis so might fork out for a hotel.

I was very suprised to find out that next year's event will be held at Olympia.

I would imagine it's because the earls court venues are being used for Olympics events and will be in full prep mode for that.

Olympia is a bit more of a pain to get to for me on a daily basis so might fork out for a hotel.

I forgot about the olympics for 2012. In terms of transport though, Olympia is better because I always needed to take the tube to go to Earl's Court, even though it only takes me 2 stops to get there on the piccadilly line.

So for me I get to save money rather than spending it on transport. I'm sorry for you though, since everyone lives in all different areas and some even travel from outside London. Although, I'm very lucky to live not far from there, which is very fortunate.

I forgot about the olympics for 2012. In terms of transport though, Olympia is better because I always needed to take the tube to go to Earl's Court, even though it only takes me 2 stops to get there on the piccadilly line.

So for me I get to save money rather than spending it on transport. I'm sorry for you though, since everyone lives in all different areas and some even travel from outside London. Although, I'm very lucky to live not far from there, which is very fortunate.

It's that little bit from Earls Court to Olympia as the trains don't run very frequently on that. I could get to Earls Court in about an hour for LFCC coming in via St Pancras (assuming there's no delays) but it was tiring and not sure I want to risk it for next year as you can never tell how long you'll be wait at Earls Court to get that connection to Olympia.

But the cost of a decent hotel within walking distance, even this far ahead is very expensive. (And yes I know there are cheaper alternatives but I tend to stick to certain chains I find reliable even if it costs a bit more)

It's that little bit from Earls Court to Olympia as the trains don't run very frequently on that. I could get to Earls Court in about an hour for LFCC coming in via St Pancras (assuming there's no delays) but it was tiring and not sure I want to risk it for next year as you can never tell how long you'll be wait at Earls Court to get that connection to Olympia.

But the cost of a decent hotel within walking distance, even this far ahead is very expensive. (And yes I know there are cheaper alternatives but I tend to stick to certain chains I find reliable even if it costs a bit more)

I know that the nearest hotel to Olympia is the Hilton hotel, which is very close. Although, I'm not sure how much it would cost to spend the night there.

I know that the nearest hotel to Olympia is the Hilton hotel, which is very close. Although, I'm not sure how much it would cost to spend the night there.

it's around £150+ per night without breakfast when you add on VAT etc. But you can't cancel. So that's no good. The nearest premier inn is about 15 min walk away but that's still over £100 per night.

I hope more Horror guests will be added, since the U.S. seems to have a lot more conventions with Horror film guests but we hardly have any.

It would be awesome if they manage to bring guests like: Rose McGowan, Linda Blair, Catriona MacColl, Ken Foree, Skeet Ulrich, Dario Argento, Rob Zombie. Although, I'm guessing those guests might be unlikely but who knows, fingers crossed!

In a way it's better when there isn't too many exciting guests in the line up because it gives you the choice to only meet the one you really like the most. For example, London Film and Comic Con 2011 had an awesome guest line up and I spent money to meet Lisa Marie and Clive Barker. Although, it was worth it.

Edit: Please do not mention events that are not associated with Showmasters/Massive Events.

Edited by adamthehorrorfan