Karen Gillan signing que + pics + Doctor Who Experiance.

WHO1

Hi.

New member here.

A few questions. We are arriving around 10 a.m and I am wondering will there be a massive que for Karen Gillan at this time? I see the photo shoot has sold out. Will we have to que for hours or will it be done with the ticket number and time type thingy that other guests have which allows you to browse and meet less popular guests? Also are photos allowed to be taken at her table?

ALSO

As we are in London is the Doctor Who Experiance nearby?

WE plan to get everything done and will regretably be leaving the comic con after 4 hours to squeeze in the Who experiance around 2pm. Are tickets needed in advance?

Apologies for the grammar!

Karen Gillian is going to be one of, if not the most popular guest at LFCC. Therefore her queue will no doubt be controlled by virtual ticketing service and her queue is likely to be pretty long. I also very much doubt she will do photos at the table as she is going to be exceptionally busy with autographs aswell as photoshoots.

My advice is to get there as early as possible, grab a VT and hope for the best.

Karen will no doubt be on the Virtual Queue system.

That means you go in the venue, walk to the signing area and get a ticket with a number on it. Once your number has been called you get to join the actual queue.

So you won't have to queue for hours, but I'm afraid that at 10 AM it is pretty much a given that you will have to wait for a while until you can get in line. During that wait time you can absolutely meet other guests, that is one reason why the Virtual Queue system was implemented.

The photoshoot tickets are called in batches of about 30. Karen has 2 shoots. The first 400 tickets are going in the first shoot, the second half in the second one.

Karen will be really busy, so I am afraid you won't be able to take a photo with her at the table. You may be allowed to take a photo of her signing. There will be signs indicating what is allowed and what not.

Hi.

New member here.

A few questions. We are arriving around 10 a.m and I am wondering will there be a massive que for Karen Gillan at this time? I see the photo shoot has sold out. Will we have to que for hours or will it be done with the ticket number and time type thingy that other guests have which allows you to browse and meet less popular guests? Also are photos allowed to be taken at her table?

ALSO

As we are in London is the Doctor Who Experiance nearby?

WE plan to get everything done and will regretably be leaving the comic con after 4 hours to squeeze in the Who experiance around 2pm. Are tickets needed in advance?

Apologies for the grammar!

Showmasters have a vitual queuing system which means you dont have to sand in line for hours and hours you simply collect a ticket for the guest you want and come back when your ticket number is called (there will be boards around the event and st the guests queue itself so you can see what numbers are allowed up.

Karen will be extremely busy and because you are arriving at 10am and leaving a 2pm I think you will struggle to meet her. But go straight tp her queue and get a VT for the queue anyway.

becuase she's going be be busy, there is no chance you'll be able to get a picture with her at the table...it'll all be very fast to be honest.

Because the photo shoot very busy people will be probably be called up in groups of 30 (ish) and will be based on ticket number. So you wont have to stand in an 800 people long line!

As for the Dr Who experience....I'm not sure, someone else might be able to help with that!

Edited by Elspeth

• Moderators

I'd have to echo the above - turning up at 10am means you'll be behind an hours worth of people already, and you really would need to stick around all day to have the best chance of meeting her.

Is it likely that there will be a similiar set up for Karen as there was for Alex kingston in MK where the VT's were given out to people while they were lining up outside the venue.

I have visions of people stampeding the poor individual with Karens VTs in the signing area (unless of course TT is holding the tickets....).

You can get tickets for the experience in advance, just go to their site, and order some for the timeslot you want. It goes in 30 minute bunches, and they state that visiting will be around an hour and a half total.

Is it possible for you to get there earlier? That would make a difference, as you'd be more to the front of the queue, and would likely get a lower VT ticket.

If you can't get there earlier and are set on meeting Karen, I'd recommend this:

- go inside, get a VQ ticket, have a look around

- go to the Experience, it's a little over a mile away at Olympia Two.

- go back to LFCC, meet as many guests as you can/want waiting for your ticket for Karen to come up.

This way you will be at LFCC as late as possible, which gives a better chance at meeting Karen, and will give you a very pleasant way to spend your waiting time :)

Okay, just for clarification: you don't have a ticket for the photoshoot? I wasn't sure from the first post if you had. I thought your questions about the line related to the photoshoot, but one could understand them as autograph line related.

If you don't have a ticket for the photoshoot and still want to go and see the Doctor Who experience I think your best bet would be come in in the morning, get a Virtual Queue ticket for Karen right away and check on other guests you want to see (and if necesarry go and grab a ticket for them). Once you've done what can be done in the morning go and see the Doctor Who experience and then return in the afternoon to do what you didn't get done in the morning.

It's a little less straightforward but it's probably the best bet you have if you want to meet Karen.

Is it likely that there will be a similiar set up for Karen as there was for Alex kingston in MK where the VT's were given out to people while they were lining up outside the venue.

I don't think so, due to there being two queues (paid and pay-on-the-day) and no exclusive queue for Karen.

Good point, Elspeth - I'd forgotten about the talk (even though I have a ticket!).

Despite all these 'outages', I think that Karen will still be signing for around five hours; there just won't be much signing happening in the middle of the day. The plan that Queen-Sindel plan posted above sounds good to me.

the doctor who experience is dead easy to get to from earls court.just jump on a north bound district line train at west brompton station(right outside LFCC) and its only two stops to kensington (olympia),its the end of the line,so you can`t go wrong.and olympia is right outside the station.

Let's not cause any unnecessary panic please.

Yes, necessary panic only, please. :poki:

Could you tell my husband? He gets panicky because he's worried about EVERYTHING going wrong, from missing flights to not bringing our tickets to sneezing while in a photoshoot.

Thanks for the replies.

A trip to the experiance sandwiched inbetween the con is a great idea. CHEERS!

I arrive at Victoria coach station around 8.45 so I assume ill be at the con around 10 a.m ish. Dunno about transport to Earls court or distance/time from Victoria. Im clueless and useless!

Hopefully ill get a VT on arrival for a signing around 4pm + later that day. Fingers crossed. If I dont get to meet her its no problem. I already have a signed pic of Karen. There are plenty other guests to meet and I can admire her loveliness from afar.

Thanks for the replies.

I arrive at Victoria coach station around 8.45 so I assume ill be at the con around 10 a.m ish. Dunno about transport to Earls court or distance/time from Victoria. Im clueless and useless!

Hopefully ill get a VT on arrival for a signing around 4pm + later that day. Fingers crossed. If I dont get to meet her its no problem. I already have a signed pic of Karen. There are plenty other guests to meet and I can admire her loveliness from afar.

At Victoria Coach Station, it's just a very short walk to the train station/underground, jump on the District Line underground towards Wimbledon, it's only about 3 or 4 stops to West Brompton, which is right infront of Earl's Court, dead easy

Edited by JacknDaniel

Thanks for the replies.

from victoria get a westbound district line train;one goes to olympia(so ideal for your dr who trip) and the other goes to wimbledon via west brompton(for LFCC) so all good! have a great...but no doubt exhausting day!

May I just point out that Alex's VT's where NOT given out to people while they were lining up outside how ever there was a separate door for her. When we were let in when had to join another que for the VT's.

This was in fact the fairest way of doing it and it worked very VERY well indeed but I have visions of being a mass bundle at Karen's as there will be 2 ques going into one. Well we shall see wont we :D

I wouldn't say very very well, I queued for over an hour outside and got a number bigger than someone that had stayed at the stadium hotel that walked down the same time that it opened...

• Showmasters Admin

May I just point out that Alex's VT's where NOT given out to people while they were lining up outside how ever there was a separate door for her. When we were let in when had to join another que for the VT's.

This was in fact the fairest way of doing it and it worked very VERY well indeed but I have visions of being a mass bundle at Karen's as there will be 2 ques going into one. Well we shall see wont we :P

I wouldn't say very very well, I queued for over an hour outside and got a number bigger than someone that had stayed at the stadium hotel that walked down the same time that it opened...

That honestly should NOT have happened. Myself and a number of crew we there to stop that happening. If someone did manage to sneak past us, they certainly shouldn't have and were blantantly queue jumping.

We turned a LOT of people away, to go and join the back of the queue you guys were in. Seriously you seem to have taken this one person managing to queue jump very much to heart, it was just ONE person. If it had been 50 or 100 I'd understand you bring it up again, but it was definitly not 50, not even 5 as I was there making sure of it. So I'd say even if 3 or 4 people did manage to sneak past us out of 600+ VTs we gave out by 9:15am, then I'd say we did VERY VERY well.