latest Guest Announcement - secret guest "A"

Glad there were added some Star Wars guests at last Jason ^^ and a lot of cool names :)

Also, it is completely acceptable that you take this stand towards this kind of behavior. We all want our hard work to pay off and not be stolen by others.

Looking very much forward too meeting all the "hidden" guests :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah..okay, sorry, I have en´t read it right, understood now- Thanks for the explanation, so I am waiting and will see if therewill be announced someone who I would love to see and then I would come again, because I loved the two times I attended CM- you all were great and very friendly!!!!

Ah..okay, sorry, I have en´t read it right, understood now- Thanks for the explanation, so I am waiting and will see if therewill be announced someone who I would love to see and then I would come again, because I loved the two times I attended CM- you all were great and very friendly!!!!

this only can happen with some of the smaller guests

But the smaller guests, as Time Corridor points point may have done several Dr Whos, being UK actors/extras. But I can't bring all the DVD sleeves and cards on the off chance. So I'll just be spending the £10 on one, rather than potentially several.

But the smaller guests, as Time Corridor points point may have done several Dr Whos, being UK actors/extras.

That said, if they were well enough documented as being in Dr Who etc, presumably they would have been identified as being in SW before now? After all, there's a reasonable crossover in the fanbase. Based on the fact that Jason posted "we find the name out of a rare guest, we track them down, " then I'm guessing they won't be overly known in DW circles either, or somebody would have made the SW connection at some point before now in the last 30-odd years. But I'll grant that there is a possibility.

But I can't bring all the DVD sleeves and cards on the off chance. So I'll just be spending the £10 on one, rather than potentially several.

Blame the sly mofo SW collectors who've been pulling the fast one. Life is full of things that inconvenience many of us because a few have to take the p*ss...

These minor SW guests are going to appeal to a relatively small number of collectors who will happily come and see them based on the info given.

A possible problem I could see though, which has been briefly touched upon already, is as has been said, this guest is 'unknown to most' and will only appeal to a small number of people..without a name (which is fair enough from what Jason posted), the trouble is most people are still not going to know him, and those who would potentially be interested, might not even know he's there/who he is exactly or anything like that. As who is going to look for a name on the off chance they'll know it, and the poor chap could be sat there very quiet all day simply because he wasnt named until that morning?

This chap may be in something id like to get him from, but I probably wont even know who he is until after I get home from the event.

. Life is full of things that inconvenience many of us because a few have to take the p*ss...

Well it's going into inconvience Jason I can't spend £30-50 (if the credits justified it) more than me. I don't see how it will make a difference to the sly SW collectors, they'll just get him (or her) afterwards.

That said, if they were well enough documented as being in Dr Who etc, presumably they would have been identified as being in SW before now? After all, there's a reasonable crossover in the fanbase. Based on the fact that Jason posted "we find the name out of a rare guest, we track them down, " then I'm guessing they won't be overly known in DW circles either, or somebody would have made the SW connection at some point before now in the last 30-odd years. But I'll grant that there is a possibility.

You'd be surprised. One of the SW stormtroopers from last year's CM had one Who credit known about, whilst I got him he just casually mentioned oh I worked with Colin too, and eventually we worked out the story. Thing is its fine for actors, background artistes aren't always as documented.

• Showmasters Admin

You'd be surprised. One of the SW stormtroopers from last year's CM had one Who credit known about, whilst I got him he just casually mentioned oh I worked with Colin too, and eventually we worked out the story. Thing is its fine for actors, background artistes aren't always as documented.

Well said TerraHawk ! May I just point out Michael Leaders Announcement Post SM listed him as being in Red Dwarf and Blakes 7 but NO Dr Who even though he's been in 4 stories :)

Now having said that please don't take this wrong way I whole heartily support SM in doing this how ever I just feel to give everyone a fair chance why cant they be named on say Thursday ? Plenty of time to get sorted but no where near enough time to do a Private signing !

we did not need to put up that Michael Leader is in who as you all know his name and you can all look him up on the IMDB

i think you all are forgetting a big thing , we pay the guests to attend the show or guarantee an amount of money they will earn at the show so its in our interest for them to sign autographs for you to cover what we have agreed that the guest will earn so if they are in something else like Dr Who i think we would tell you all :P

i hope that this is now all covered

jason

• Showmasters Admin

These minor SW guests are going to appeal to a relatively small number of collectors who will happily come and see them based on the info given.

A possible problem I could see though, which has been briefly touched upon already, is as has been said, this guest is 'unknown to most' and will only appeal to a small number of people..without a name (which is fair enough from what Jason posted), the trouble is most people are still not going to know him, and those who would potentially be interested, might not even know he's there/who he is exactly or anything like that. As who is going to look for a name on the off chance they'll know it, and the poor chap could be sat there very quiet all day simply because he wasnt named until that morning?

This chap may be in something id like to get him from, but I probably wont even know who he is until after I get home from the event.

Firstly - My point you've completely taken out of context was only in direct reference to the fact that someone suggested doing it for a guests like Karen.

Secondly - I'm not saying it's a perfect situation, but Jason has decided that he doesn't want these guests poached and has decided to announcement them this way.

Is there a chance that these guests will miss out on some sales due to not being fully announced? Maybe, but obviously Jason believes it's worth the risk to not have them poached.

we did not need to put up that Michael Leader is in who as you all know his name and you can all look him up on the IMDB

If they are in something else like Dr Who i think we would tell you all :P

i hope that this is now all covered

Surely the IMDB applies to other shows too. As it happens I only know automatically ML was in Who because I missed a previous event he did and was hoping he'd do another.

And of course IMDB only helps with TV/Film. I'll be wanting to meet Peter Jurasik, Lysette Anthony & Lee Ingleby for their audio Doctor Who. Did you know about them? I only found out about Lee's yesterday.

I'm still kicking myself I never knew Nick Farrell had done one before I met him at the Hub. I knew about Paul Copleys though.

So unless you are cross referencing several sites, it is quite possible you wouldn't know they were in certain shows. They don't always remember either!

obviously Jason believes it's worth the risk to not have them poached.

Not sure poached is the right term, that would be getting them to sign at a different event rather than the one first announced (coz that never happens :P ), not as well as.

• Showmasters Admin

obviously Jason believes it's worth the risk to not have them poached.

Not sure poached is the right term, that would be getting them to sign at a different event rather than the one first announced (coz that never happens :P ), not as well as.

OK, but it was the best word I could think of at the time.

I guess they are being poached if you consider it as "First Time" signer. They can't be a first time signer at both! i.e. They poached the first time signing.

latest Guest Announcement End Ceremony High Altar Rebel

Another First time world signer from Star Wars A New Hope at this years LFCC

SUNDAY ONLY

star-wars-medal-ceremony.jpg

We are not going to be able to give his name out till the Sunday of the show this has to be a new policy

and this is why

We find the name out of a rare guest, we track them down, then talk them into attending a event , and then we arrange for the guest to come to their first event , but as soon as we let you all know about the new first time signer and then one person finds it funny to use the name of the guest that was not known to anyone before we have done all this work to then go off to track them down and do a private signing, some times not even paying the guest for their work and then offer the autographs on ebay and out on forums and to other collectors weeks before we have the chance to bring them to a nice show and for them to meet the real collectors and fans

This has happened twice now, so when we find a first time signer that no one knows their name we will be keeping this info back till there first event with us .

We are sorry that one person has tried to spoil it for the rest of us but thats what happened

Not giving out the name will not take anything away from the signing or what they have been involved with in the film as we will give you as much background info we have to you , just not there name till on the day .

We have also heard that this person has been trying to meet our guests in public places outside of our event trying to put together private signings this will not be tolerated anymore. So if you here anything like this please do let us know about it as it undermines the show and for us to be able to keep bring you all some amazing guests , this is why we have been very late on our star wars guests for this show as its taken us a little time to work out how to stop this from damaging the show .

We hope you the fans understand were we are coming from and see we are doing this for the right reasons.

sorry for having to put this in a guest announcement, but we felt you should all know whats going on

Thank you for reading

Jason Star Wars fan working for other Star Wars fans

By not mentioning who this guest is until the day you could also be stopping real fans from meeting them. Fans that may need more than a few hours to travel to london.

Also, like mentioned before unless its a major name like, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, or Carrie Fisher, you could find there sitting at an empty desk all day

• Moderators

But it states in the first post who they played in the movie.

If fans want to meet that someone, then they'll come. It's not a case of suddenly knowing the name of the guest and THEN deciding they'll come. It's not going to make a huge difference.

Not revealing the identity will not stop people from travelling to this event as I don't believe people would travel for 1 person of this stature only. The fact that they have so many rare SW signers will draw people to this event. I'm sure if Showmasters knew that someone was also in Doctor Who or whatever then they would be letting everyone know!

I do not have a problem with the way Showmasters are protecting themselves - yes I would like to know the name but I will find out soon enough at the event - and if it means they continue to unearth these people after all this time then keep it up is what I say!

Just an idea SM; why not state in the guest's contract, that the guest may not partake in any private signings prior to the event?

I wonder how exclusionary you can get with a contract before you run into complications about restraint of trade.

And even if it's not a problem, it's probably almost worthless, because if somebody does do a private signing, you may well not hear about it until after the public show, when presumably you've paid the guy. And even if you hear abiout it before the show, you've probably incurred some costs in finding him, dealing with him, getting pictures printed up etc At which point you can either shrug your shoulders and swallow the loss, or sue the guy. And cost and aggro aside, however valid your case, an "autograph show organiser sues guest" story is probably not going to help get other guests in the future...

• Showmasters Admin

Just an idea SM; why not state in the guest's contract, that the guest may not partake in any private signings prior to the event?

I wonder how exclusionary you can get with a contract before you run into complications about restraint of trade.

And even if it's not a problem, it's probably almost worthless, because if somebody does do a private signing, you may well not hear about it until after the public show, when presumably you've paid the guy. And even if you hear abiout it before the show, you've probably incurred some costs in finding him, dealing with him, getting pictures printed up etc At which point you can either shrug your shoulders and swallow the loss, or sue the guy. And cost and aggro aside, however valid your case, an "autograph show organiser sues guest" story is probably not going to help get other guests in the future...

as normal words of wisdom from Tommy T

i really would like to have a chat at some time if you could can you give me a call on 01908671138 any day after 2 pm , thank you TommyT jason

The situation with protecting the actors name doesn't bother me. I understand this completely.

However, (and I understand that work and family commitments may prevent this in certain circumstances), when these new (to signing) names are announced, would it be at all possible to see if you can contract them for both days?

As you know most of us can only afford to travel to, and attend the show for one day, (plus all the expense of paying for the autographs themselves), and for these guest's very first signing it would be nice to be able to have the opportunity to meet them whatever day we choose to attend.

As it stands at the moment we're not able to meet them as we're already committed to something on the Sunday.

Not a moan, just a request/suggestion!