Karen Gillan

Remember she's doing a talk, needs a lunch break, comfort breaks, is doing a photoshoot which will be at least 1 and a bit hour long...this will leave her about 5 hours to sign.

I think I'm right in saying shes also joing me for a donut mid afternoon as well

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo. Photoshoot ticket for Karen turned up today. Number 592, ouch. Poor girl, I wouldn't like to have a camera going off that many times in quick succession. Starting to get excited but thank goodness for my gold pass so I wont have to wait too much.

Gives a good idea how popular she's going to be though. Well done SM for getting her.

Makes me glad I got a ticket number as low as 70. I should be able to get in early enough that she's still able to smile. :D

How is this queue going to be organised, though? I know the idea is that we go more or less in the order that's on the ticket, but that doesn't always happen...

For the larger shoots they have normally been calling groups of about 30 or maybe 50. Pretty sure that will happen here as well, otherwise it will be too much confusion.

How is this queue going to be organised, though? I know the idea is that we go more or less in the order that's on the ticket, but that doesn't always happen...

For the larger shoots they have normally been calling groups of about 30 or maybe 50. Pretty sure that will happen here as well, otherwise it will be too much confusion.

I think it's an idea to keep in mind it's not the first time they've done this. I have no idea how many tickets have been sold for some of the past shoots but I'm sure they know how to organise it to keep it running smoothly and not just have 600+ people trying to queue up at the same time.

Number 1 :angel:

though as tony the cylon pointed out, a few golds will get first in line, damn you golds, I want one of those

It's not for everyone I appreciate. I could be wrong but I'm not sure it entitles us to just jump to the front of the queue. I thought I read that it allows you to join whatever group is at the front when you turn up no matter what ticket number you have, not sure it means you get put right to the front or am I wrong?

But if I see you there with ticket number 1, you're welcome to go before me even if I have a gold.

It's not for everyone I appreciate. I could be wrong but I'm not sure it entitles us to just jump to the front of the queue. I thought I read that it allows you to join whatever group is at the front when you turn up no matter what ticket number you have, not sure it means you get put right to the front or am I wrong?
Gold ticket holders do have the option of jumping in front of all non-Gold ticket holders at the photo shoots.

Gold ticket holders do have the option of jumping in front of all non-Gold ticket holders at the photo shoots.

I understand it as 1of2 has said, but you are also right the wording on the ticket says back of the shortest queue. but at every con ive been to since I started in 09, gold go straight to the front of photo shoot queues and the back of any current auto queue with no VT needed

I stand corrected (yet again by the ever helpful 1of2). Many thanks.

I understand it as 1of2 has said, but you are also right the wording on the ticket says back of the shortest queue. but at every con ive been to since I started in 09, gold go straight to the front of photo shoot queues and the back of any current auto queue with no VT needed

It's all good and I'll see what happens on the day. I'm sure I'll soon get the hang of it all. I normally just get a VT and hang around all day so it's quite exciting to realise I won't need one and can guarantee meeting Karen.

But if I see you at the front of Karens photoshoot queue with ticket number 1, I do think you should still go first. :D

Props

At Milton Keynes, Kirstin had a prop, the blue book of Spoilers, River Song's diary. Alex took it and posed with Kirstin in one shot holding the prop and standing back to back with Kirstin and the second shot was both of them holding the book. It made a young fangirl very happy. The whole photoshoot did not take much longer than normal and made the photo slightly more interesting. I am guessing an awful lot of Sonic Screwdrivers and a few baby dolls! :D