sell my ticket

Team edcob

And I do know what you mean with that argument about ME loosing money... but I just don´t think so, because otherwise I think they would get more money because more people would buy tickets BECAUSE they would know: "okay, if i can´t attend, or xy cancels, i have the chance to sell the ticket"

Do you get what I mean?

(hope you saw my edit above)

Edit to add - THESE ARE MY OWN COMMENTS AND ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF MASSIVE EVENTS' POLICY OR OPINION....

it´s just unfair for the people that already bought tickets that they don´t have a chance to get money back... if they are ill, if the main reason cancelled or whatver... JUST MY OPINION!

How fair would it be for ME to have to refund your ticket because you got ill or injured and were unable to attend? Nobody from their company sneezed on you or tripped you over so why should they foot the bill?

You can argue "it's unfair" until you're blue in the face, but it's simply not unfair if people are warned before parting with their money. This is not a hidden policy that pops up out of nowhere when it's convenient for ME - it's on the website, the forums, the online shop and the FAQ. Yes, buying a ticket early is a gamble that sometimes pays off for an attendee and other times doesn't, but not buying a ticket until the last minute is also a gamble and the worst case scenario if that one goes wrong is event cancellation and the end of that particular theme :(

Cons are very expensive....

Try running one ;)

Edited by Yvie

They would have to tell ME the name of the new owner etc...
NO they wouldn't. They would just tell the person they sell it to that either it is not required or that they will sort it out.

and, one person can only one ticket anyway

Incorrect. One person can buy more than one ticket. You just list the names of the other ticket holders.They would not buy 100 at a time though as that would be rather obvious. It would be multiple purchases made under different aliases.

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

In my opinion - if you're buying a ticket to a con, whether it be a Twilight one or whatever, then you have to accept the risks that go along with it. That means you're booking for Twilight guests, not a single guest, and that if you CHOOSE to risk it for a single guest then it's up to YOU.

No one is ever forced to buy a ticket. As far as I'm aware anyway - I'm not privy to what Jason does in his free time, but I like to think he doesn't go round houses and hold people at gunpoint until they purchase tickets online. Who knows.

Yes, there'll always be unfortunate circumstances for some people, but a rule across the board is the best way to go. You'll always get people who think THEIR reason is better than everyone else's, and individual circumstances can't be brought into something like this.

It's like whenever I crewed an event and the lines were long for guests and people were like "but I came from Scotland!" and the next person was like "but I came from Germany!" and of course I said no, because I'd already said no to someone who "came all the way from Australia!" .. yes, it's a shame for someone BUT one rule for all is the absolute best way to go and in this case ME have chosen this.

Wir koennen uebrigens auch Deutsch reden. :(

[end of language switching]

Yes, I do get what you mean. I just don't agree with your opinion, that's all.

Like I have said, I am sure ME did give the resell policy some thoughts, and the one we have now is the one that they decided what will work best for them, and that decision was really including a lot of factors.

I'm trying to find an older post from last time this was discussed. Another user phrased it so well why he thought your suggestion wasn't working that I was going to just quote and steal, but I haven't been locate it. ;)

But I think this is really something we can only agree to disagree on. We start going around in circles.

Incorrect. One person can buy more than one ticket. You just list the names of the other ticket holders.They would not buy 100 at a time though as that would be rather obvious. It would be multiple purchases made under different aliases.

And that would be one of the ways I was trying not to tell. ;)

Wir koennen uebrigens auch Deutsch reden. ;)

And that would be one of the ways I was trying not to tell. :(

They'd also need different delivery addresses or my spreadsheet would flag them as duplicates ;)

They'd also need different delivery addresses or my spreadsheet would flag them as duplicates :(

Not that much of a problem either - even if you only count immediate relatives I could give you 6 from the top of my head. And only two of those are even in the same town. ;)

Well, If ME would give the chance to sell the tickets, of course, they also should change it to the rule that one person only can buy one ticket.

AND: I NEVER SAID SOMETHING ABOUT REFUNDS OF ME !!! ;)

(Quote Yvie: "How fair would it be for ME to have to refund your ticket because you got ill or injured and were unable to attend?")

And I DO know that running an Event is expensive too! But Again, they would not loose money and they still would sell their tickets!

But, As I said, they can do whatever they want. I just know for me, that I will wait until like 4 weeks before the Event to buy my ticket. (> because there´s no way to get the money back)

• Moderators

Well, If ME would give the chance to sell the tickets, of course, they also should change it to the rule that one person only can buy one ticket.

And you don't think that would cause even more problems/complaints?

And I DO know that running an Event is expensive too! But Again, they would not loose money and they still would sell their tickets!
What happens when ticket touts duplicate the tickets (the reg letters) sell them (because ME now allow resells) to unsuspecting people and xx amount of people turn up at the event claiming to have the same ticket numbers?

• Showmasters Admin

Of course people are going to like a system where they can get their money back, they'd be stupid not to want that. It's a bit like saying everyone would like it if the ticket prices were halved. But in both cases ME know it's not financially viable to allow it.

At the end of the day I don't think anything we say will change Scar's mind.

I suggest that we agree to disagree. ME do NOT allow reselling of their tickets. Scar believes this is wrong, that's your opinion but that isn't going to change ME's policy because they obviously beleive it's the right thing to do to safe guard the events.

Line drawn...

Well, those problems can appear now as well.

As I said before, other cons do it like that and it´s no problem. But I do see, we can talk about it for hours.. it won´t change anything. I won´t start to think like you and you won´t start to think like me. ;)

And ME are the ones who decide... and they made a decision with the rules... but i think it should be okay to say, that some people (and me, of course) think that it could work better with other rules...

edit: haha.. too tall... same idea ;P

Edited by scar!

• Showmasters Admin

And ME are the ones who decide... and they made a decision with the rules... but i think it should be okay to say, that some people (and me, of course) think that it could work better with other rules...

And no one is saying it's wrong for you to have a different opinion and no one is removing your posts or telling you can't have that different opinion.

We are just explaining to you why ME have the policy they do, and as much as you're allowed to voice your opinion that it's wrong, we have the right to voice our opinion that it's right.

I wanted to add something to this debate. I know in another country attendees are allowed to sell their tickets. They usually sell them on ebay and the prices they go for are often double or even triple (and sometimes more) the cost of the original ticket. I believe this is ripping off the buyers, especially when it seems that a lot of the time the people who originally bought the tickets never intended on going, they just bought them to resell later on when the majority of the guestlist is set, they do it just to make a profit. How is this fair?

Here's an example: I have a friend who booked her ticket for an event overseas late and all the photoshoots were sold out by then. She ended up having to buy them on ebay from unscrupulous sellers who'd bought them up only in order to sell them again, and she ended up paying over $1000 for the photoshoots she wanted.

If you start allowing attendees to resell their tickets then how do you control it and stop people from unfairly making ridiculous amounts of profit? You say ME wont lose money if a ticket is resold, but the person buying it is going to be ripped off by the seller and that is a lot worse in my opinion.

Edited by jael001

Don't mean to be butting in here as I really have no interest in the ET events but just wanted to throw an idea into the mix...

How about a section on the forum for reselling tickets but at face value only, that way if someone is trying to make money out of the ticket they can be reported etc.

So if 2 people come to an arrangement on the sale of a ticket they both contact ME to say "In reference to ticket number xxxxxx we have agreed to change the name to xxxxxxx"

Just a thought......

• Showmasters Admin

And so it goes on....this is still semantics as ME will NOT do this....

This still doesn't stop someone finding someone and saying "I have Gold number 3, I will sell it to you for £400, you pay me the £150 direct and I'll contact ME and get the ticket transferred to you and they'll charge you the other £250.

It may appear ME have control but they don't.

The only way for ME to have full control is for the seller and buyer not to know who each other are. And that means ME having a seller and buyers list and all the admin involved in that. It's just not worth it to them when ultimately if the buyer really wants to go they'll just buy a ticket from ME direct. Remember at this point the show is NOT sold out.

Edit to add - THESE ARE MY OWN COMMENTS AND ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF MASSIVE EVENTS' POLICY OR OPINION....

it´s just unfair for the people that already bought tickets that they don´t have a chance to get money back... if they are ill, if the main reason cancelled or whatver... JUST MY OPINION!

How fair would it be for ME to have to refund your ticket because you got ill or injured and were unable to attend? Nobody from their company sneezed on you or tripped you over so why should they foot the bill?

To be honest, if you're looking at spending a three-figure sum on a ticket, a similar amount if not more on a hotel, and possibly another three figures on travel, then maybe you should be looking at travel/holiday insurance? Won't help if you just decided you don't want to go because of the line-up, but if you are genuinely injured/ill and medically certified as unfit to attend, then with a suitable policy you may recoup much of your unrefundable costs. IMHO, it's a matter of personal responsibility.