Latest Guest Anouncement - COLIN BAKER

:P

Fantastic Guest!

My Husband was expressing his disappointment at not being able to meet Colin, as we were a week too early coming down to London.

Cannot wait to let him know who's coming to Glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now...........GOOD TIMES = COLIN BAKER!

:lol::D:D

• 3 months later...

Now that's a damn shame! I think my destiny is never to meet Colin.......

Hopefully another time.

• 2 weeks later...
Well he can't do Saturday as that's the last night of the play's stop in Swansea, but he doesn't have theatre commitments on the Sunday so could still be attending then.

Really? So he's in Swansea on Saturday night, probably finishing around say 10-ish, and then no doubt a couple of drinks for end of tour party. I can't see him either wanting to drive overnight or be driven overnight to Glasgow, and there's no flights from Cardiff airport to Scotland late on a Saturday night, so you'll need a flight up on Sunday morning. Cardiff has a flight to Glasgow, but not until Sunday evening, and a flight to Edinburgh which gets into Edinburgh at something like quarter to four, so he'd be unlikely to be at the show before 5.15pm Sunday. Birmingham has a flight to Glasgow getting in at 1:25 pm, or one to Edinburgh getting in at 11:10 am. With the best will in the world, and even if there are plane tickets still available, he's not likely to get to the show before 1pm, and that's assuming somebody can drive him early enough from Swansea (probably leaving not much after 7.30 am, which I know I wouldn't want to do after an end of tour party) to Birmingham on Sunday morning and somebody else can get him from Edinburgh.

Sounds like a non-starter to me...

Not the end of the tour, just the last night in Swansea.

I agree its rather unlikely, but not impossible he'd do the drive. Knowing him.

Cardiff has a flight to Glasgow, but not until Sunday evening, and a flight to Edinburgh which gets into Edinburgh at something like quarter to four, so he'd be unlikely to be at the show before 5.15pm Sunday.

You peaked my curosity

LastMinute.com

Cardiff to Glasgow

KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES

KL1058, KL1473

Departs: Sun 28 Aug 11 06:00

Arrives: Sun 28 Aug 11 10:05

Aircraft: F70 - Economy - 1 stop - Duration: 04 hrs 05 mins

I agree its rather unlikely, but not impossible he'd do the drive. Knowing him.
It's an eight hour drive - probably nearer ten by the time you've figured in fuel stops, bathroom breaks and coffee/food intake. Safety of driving aside, would you really think it fair on either guest or attendees to have someone turn up after being awake for probably 24 hours, to start a show?
Cardiff has a flight to Glasgow, but not until Sunday evening, and a flight to Edinburgh which gets into Edinburgh at something like quarter to four, so he'd be unlikely to be at the show before 5.15pm Sunday.
You peaked my curosity

LastMinute.com

Cardiff to Glasgow

KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES

KL1058, KL1473

Departs: Sun 28 Aug 11 06:00

Arrives: Sun 28 Aug 11 10:05

Aircraft: F70 - Economy - 1 stop - Duration: 04 hrs 05 mins

I apologise if I piqued your curiosity unnecessarily - I was referring to direct flights. The arrangement you refer to above is from Cardiff to Amsterdam and then a flight change to go from Amsterdam to Glasgow. Given international check-in times, I should think that if he gets up early enough to leave his hotel by about 4.15am, he might make it. I don't feel that's overly reasonable to be honest...