ET6 Tickets On Sale at ET5

Massive Events

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like tickets going on sale at the event.. so much less stressful because the website crashes.

Online sales arent fair on my f5 key..

Tell me about it, lol...the amount of time it took me to get tickets for this year's big Take That tour! :dance::P

Hopefully I'll be able to get a gold but if not then silver is just fine :P

I think it's nice when tickets for the next event go on sale at the current one, it gives priority to those people who are supporting the events.

Some people may not have the money to spare right now, but 1000 tickets are available (at whatever level) so the chances of you not getting one is slim even if you have to wait a few months before you can afford it. I don't understand why people get moany when something good happens, just because they can't take advantage of it for whatever reason. It's a little bit selfish really, and that's a shame :o

As for the overnight camping - best of luck to those who choose to do it, I think you're all CRAZY IN THE HEAD!!!! :dance: For those who decide on a more sensible "getting some sleep and maybe I'll buy a ticket after breakfast" approach, I don't blame you! :P

Tell me about it, lol...the amount of time it took me to get tickets for this year's big Take That tour! :P:o

ME TOO!!

I lost nearly 4 hours of my life that day. I got my tickets though, so it was worth it!

Some people may not have the money to spare right now, but 1000 tickets are available (at whatever level) so the chances of you not getting one is slim even if you have to wait a few months before you can afford it. I don't understand why people get moany when something good happens, just because they can't take advantage of it for whatever reason. It's a little bit selfish really, and that's a shame ;)

I hope that wasn't with regards to my post earlier....

Yep I had a moan, like everyone else did for weeks in a previous thread. And in relation to some of those, my moan I thought was extremely light hearted and inoffensive.

There is nothing to take advantage off, I bought them online before hand online on the pre-sale days like everyone else did. Sitting there refreshing like crazy. So I don't understand how that would be taking advantage of anything....... Am I worried that because I haven't got money to waste on a hotel and won't camp out, that I will miss out on gold, erm Yes. but again I can't see how that's got anything to do with taking advantage. And Am I selfish, deffinatly not.

I appolise now if I mis- read ur post, but at first glance that's how it seemed.

• Moderators

Tell me about it, lol...the amount of time it took me to get tickets for this year's big Take That tour! ;):D

ME TOO!!

I lost nearly 4 hours of my life that day. I got my tickets though, so it was worth it!

That sounds like me getting tickets for the Glee tour. I was actually hyperventilating I was so stressed about getting tickets! (Didn't take me all that LONG, just sent me into a panic when the clock hit 9am and I couldn't click on things on the website fast enough)

Some people camp out for the fun of it, yes they get a lower ticket number, but a lot of the time, its just friends hanging out with home-made cookies etc lol :D

The forum is for people to express their feelings at different annoucements, get to know each other, ask and have queries answered etc, so dont worry. :P

Some people love the tickets going on sale at the con, some people prefer online purchases, ME wont ever be able to please everyone.

Not much matters except for the fact that this time next week, people will be excitedly packing or making their way to the Hilton for the con ;)

Am I worried that because I haven't got money to waste on a hotel and won't camp out, that I will miss out on gold, erm Yes.

Assume 600 people at ET5, and the usual limitation of 150 gold tickets for ET6.

1. How many of the 600 will both want and be able to afford to pay for an ET6 gold at ET5?

2. How many of those will be prepared to camp out all night?

If the answer to either one of those questions is less than 150 (and that's a quarter of the people that will be there), then you may not have a problem.

I thought that the general indication from posts after the last few events was that if you hit the lobby at 7am on Sunday morning, you'd maybe be 20th in the queue (and maybe not everyone ahead of you would be after gold anyway). Even if somebody really popular is announced, how many people are likely to be in the queue by 7am? 50? 75? Even 100? That still leaves plenty of golds left. I don't think anybody is saying you have to camp out - just be up bright and early. I've certainly had the impression from some people's posts here that the camping out now isn't so much an essential purchase ploy as just a little traditional ritual, part of their "fun at the con".

Am I worried that because I haven't got money to waste on a hotel and won't camp out, that I will miss out on gold, erm Yes.

Assume 600 people at ET5, and the usual limitation of 150 gold tickets for ET6.

1. How many of the 600 will both want and be able to afford to pay for an ET6 gold at ET5?

2. How many of those will be prepared to camp out all night?

If the answer to either one of those questions is less than 150 (and that's a quarter of the people that will be there), then you may not have a problem.

I thought that the general indication from posts after the last few events was that if you hit the lobby at 7am on Sunday morning, you'd maybe be 20th in the queue (and maybe not everyone ahead of you would be after gold anyway). Even if somebody really popular is announced, how many people are likely to be in the queue by 7am? 50? 75? Even 100? That still leaves plenty of golds left. I don't think anybody is saying you have to camp out - just be up bright and early. I've certainly had the impression from some people's posts here that the camping out now isn't so much an essential purchase ploy as just a little traditional ritual, part of their "fun at the con".

I hope that's the case, im not even really bothered about a low number as long as I can get a gold ticket I will be happy. Tbh I can't really afford a ticket so soon either, it's having to go on a card, again purely coz I'm worried it will sell out before I have the funds. when u read people camping out, and then on here and Facebook the amount of people who want gold.... It did seem worrying. Just like lots of other people were worried about guests, I was just worried about getting the ticket I really set my heart on. It's my one luxury really atm. But I was and still am rather upset that because of that, I'm selfish?

Some people may not have the money to spare right now, but 1000 tickets are available (at whatever level) so the chances of you not getting one is slim even if you have to wait a few months before you can afford it. I don't understand why people get moany when something good happens, just because they can't take advantage of it for whatever reason. It's a little bit selfish really, and that's a shame :D

I hope that wasn't with regards to my post earlier....

If ever I make a comment directed at a specific poster, I'll quote them. My comments weren't in response to you :)

There is nothing to take advantage off, I bought them online before hand online on the pre-sale days like everyone else did. Sitting there refreshing like crazy. So I don't understand how that would be taking advantage of anything.......

When I say "take advantage of" I mean to make the most of something or to benefit from it, the phrase doesn't always have to be negative ;)

But I was and still am rather upset that because of that, I'm selfish?

Nobody said that. At all.

When I said that I thought it was a little selfish to complain about that sort of thing, I meant it (but again it was not directed at you). I'd hope that most people would be kind enough to their fellow fan to be able to say "it's a shame I won't be able to buy a ticket that morning, but I'm glad for those that can" instead of spreading a little gloom over someone else's sunny day. A few kind words cost nothing and the world would be a more pleasant place if more people made the effort. But hey, maybe that's just me wanting the moon on a stick.

If you definitely want a gold, If you are staying in the Hilton, why not set your alarm for a time you feel comfortable going downstairs for, then going back to bed before you need to be in the con :D

It is easier if you are not worried what ticket, as you could definitely get a ticket at the con.

It is difficult if you want a specific ticket like gold as there is that worry that they could sell out if the guest announcement is to everyones liking.

But if you dont get gold and manage to get silver, you still get all your autos and photos and seating near the front, and still see everything of the con, so thats a positive :D

lol Did you just draw that :D

Tbh I can't really afford a ticket so soon either, it's having to go on a card, again purely coz I'm worried it will sell out before I have the funds.

As you are not worried about a ticket number you don't have to buy one at the event. Assuming they don't sell out (which you could keep an eye on at the event itself) you could get from the online shop later. Just keep an eye on here as Yvie is very good at posting updates when tickets are running low.

Of course subject to any guests announcements I guess there is a risk they may sell out on the Monday night.

Edit: Oh and my advice is different to that of Rhi. Now I feel silly!

lol Did you just draw that :D

No, if you recall me saying my artistics skills are very rusty through lack of use. Google is my friend today. Edited by 1of2

Have gold even sold out for ET5? I really doubt they'll sell out for ET6 if they haven't for ET5 also many of the people I know who are gold, this is likely to be their last ET. I don't even think at any ET's golds have sold out from sales to previous attendees whether they've gone on sale at the con or online there's always been tickets left as far as I am aware.

• Showmasters Admin

Have gold even sold out for ET5? I really doubt they'll sell out for ET6 if they haven't for ET5 also many of the people I know who are gold, this is likely to be their last ET. I don't even think at any ET's golds have sold out from sales to previous attendees whether they've gone on sale at the con or online there's always been tickets left as far as I am aware.

You are correct. There have always been some Golds left for general purchase.

Quick question will there be separate ques ie (standard, silver, gold)

As all iam after is a standard and i recon the majority will want a gold or silver! Thank u muchly :D

Usually there is a separate queue for Standard. Sometimes Gold is separate from Silver as well.

**sigh...I am thinking of renaming myself to Too Slow**

Edited by 1of2