I am looking forward to ...

DavidB

• Moderators

Simple really. No matter whether you're waiting for more guests, or you're happy with how things are, there must be SOMETHING each and every one of you are looking forward to.

So join in and think about the happy things :WINCE:

Hilton Breakfast :D

Seeing some of my best friends in the world :D

Sitting in talks and enjoying the completely random tangents guests go off on and laughing lots.

Being away from work for a few days damnit :P

Taking in the atmosphere of so many people enjoying themselves. It's an amazing buzz and one that makes all the efforts of the organisers and everyone involved worth it. No matter what the build up is like, it's always something I love experiencing and being a part of.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - meeting the amazing guests we have and getting nice pictures and autos from them

2 - meeting up with the people from all over the world that I only see at ET events

3 - the Hilton Breakfast

4 - getting to play dress up and not looking like an idiot 'cos every one is dressed the same

5 - not being at work for 3 days

6 - late night twizzlers and chicken sessions - please don't ask!!!!!

7 - photo sessions and conga with Edward Cullen

8 - eating junk food without thinking about how bad for me it is

9 - getting 20 jars of mayo from the hotel bar as peas cost £3.50

10 - crying in the final talk cos it's all over

That's it for now.....

Excellent idea David

I am looking forward to

Spending a great weekend with my daughter where we can talk about twilight as much as we want without my boyfriend and son rolling their eyes and being sarcastic.

Seeing friends I met for the first time at ET4.

Picking up my custom chucks from the dealers room that I have ordered.

Dressing up and letting my hair down.

Yummy breakfast that I haven't had to make myself!

And meeting more amazing twilight stars that I haven't met before.

Having a laugh in the talks (closer this time too!!)

Free wine on Friday :D

I am looking forward to...

1. Making a complete fool out of myself in front of one (or more) of the guests. Heck, why ruin tradition of the last four ET's where I have managed to do something silly and embarass myself.

2. Seeing friends that I only ever get to see at ET, though I usually find them on the Sunday night as they are about to leave because of how freaking big the hotel is.

3. The bizarre looks from guests staying at the hotel as I walk through the lobby in a baby grow on Sunday night.

I'm looking forward to:

1. The Hilton breakfast

2. Spending a weekend relaxing in a nice hotel

3. Meeting Jodelle Ferland and asking her about The Cabin in the Woods

4. Watching supajulz getting photographed with Daniel Cudmore

5. Hopefully getting a guest encounter if they don't cost too much (Michael, Daniel or Jodelle - I'm not fussy)

6. And most importantly, getting my new pair of custom Converse from Canvas Warriors :lol:

I'm looking forward to:

Getting drunk and punching Deebee ^_^

Not Yvie on a chair? ^_^:lol:

I am just looking forward to the whole weekend

Seeing all my friends

The atmosphere

Cant pin it down, the whole thing really, and yes, even lugging stuff about in set up cos you get to see friends doing that too :D

Um, seeing people meeting the Twilight stars for the first time

watching first time con goers is awesome too when they realise that they are finally in a place with like-minded people and can geek out without anybody blinking an eyelid :D

I am most looking forward to watching Yvie get drunk.

Thats always funny :D

Cant wait :D

I am looking forward to:

1. Experiencing Hilton breakfasts for the first time

2. Swimming pool!

3. Taking loads and loads and loads of photo's in the Guest talks

4. Being Gold for the first time, drinks reception :D (though I hate wine I may have to drink some anyway)

5. Meeting new people, since I think most of the people I made friends with at ET3+4 aren't able to go this time ^_^ Talk to me people!!

6. Spending a weekend away from home, conventions are my holidays :)

7. Dressing up for the parties

8. Staying until the very last song on Sunday night (for the 3rd time!)

9. Meeting the guests and trying not to embarass myself with them :lol:

10. Surviving on Asda's 'just add boiling water' foods for most of the weekend, Mediterranean cous cous was my saviour for ET4

• Moderators

Talk to me people!!

Haha I assume you talk to people too? :lol:

That's another thing I like - people just randomly talking to me, or to each other. It's so easy to do in queues etc, and you really do make new friends at these things.

Granted I do have to tone down my sarcasm when people are like "you're David!" and try to greet them politely, rather than with "well yes, I did know already, but thanks!" but it's fun :D

Edited by DavidB

I don't even think we met you last time David - spoke to a few people but never got names - lol. We were very shy last time so I definitely want to be braver this time.

If I DO meet you.... I love sarcasm!! Can't have a proper banter without it :-)

Talk to me people!!

Haha I assume you talk to people too? :lol:

Nah I'm very shy and quiet xD on the Sunday night at ET4 I saw some people I'd met at ET3 and they said they kept seeing me around all weekend but I was always busy talking to someone :D

I'm looking forward to...

1) Meeting awesome guests that I would never get to meet any other way.

2) Catching up with my Twilight friends and making new ones. There are soooo many faces that I recognise yet I have never spoken to......

3) Having the opportunity to dress up and have a drink and boogie.

4) Having my snuggle photoshoots with the guy guests!!!

5) Enjoying the awesome talks and hopefully not get deafened by the screams/blinded by the camera flashes!

6) HILTON BREAKFAST!!! :D:D

Not long now! :lol::D^_^^_^

• Moderators

Nah I'm very shy and quiet xD on the Sunday night at ET4 I saw some people I'd met at ET3 and they said they kept seeing me around all weekend but I was always busy talking to someone :D

Haha I'm shy and quiet too really, but people force me to talk :lol:

Plus people never believe I am, which is annoying ^_^ grrr.

I am looking forward to:

1. Spending the weekend with my bestest friend in the whole world, we don't get to see eachother anywhere near enough

2. Meeting the guests :lol:

3. Having a photo op with someone who will make me look of normal height, I'm 5'11"

4. Daniel Cudmore :D ^^^

5. The parties! And wearing my new True Blood bits Fri (trying to decide between 2 outfits)

6. The funny/mega confused looks you get from other hotel guests who are wondering what the hell is going on

7. Being Gold and consuming excessive amounts of wine on Friday

8. Adding even more auto's to my growing collection on 2 canvas's, 2 scripts and my poster

9. Talking to new people

10. How no matter what people say beforehand, everybody comes home having had the best weekend ever and wanting it to be ET6!!!!!!

• Moderators

I'm a very shy person, but since going to these conventions and talking to new people every 10 minutes, I'm much more confident now!!! :lol:

Aww see that's cool :D I like how there's often lots of people that don't have much confidence, and are quite quiet etc, and are into different things to those around them. These things really do bring similar people together, and change lives for the better.