Just something I've been wondering?

Team edcob

Winter is better for me as it means my husband can take time off work to take care of our kids, plus Nursery is open on the Friday and Monday so he can get a few hours work in... It would cost soooo much more if they were in the summer.

Hehe.

I dont tend to set food outside of the Hilton all weekend, so it's not like I'd miss the heatwave :-)

Just thinking about the cost of flying the guests over during peak summer has me doing this :P

Though I was cursing last year when I stayed at a Travelodge for ET3 and had to clear snow & ice off my car every morning, and when I left the parties at night too. Joyous.

And just to add on, I went on holiday the week after ET4 :P off peak cheapness!

Though I was cursing last year when I stayed at a Travelodge for ET3 and had to clear snow & ice off my car every morning, and when I left the parties at night too. Joyous.

s!

I was bad enough the monday afternoon as I was leaving, having to de-ice the car in the midst of dealing with tears and post-con blues. LOL.

I don't mind the temperature too much when I'm at the ET's the worst thing I did was last year when I did a charity event and my god the place was freaking freezing. Actually I think it was warmer outside then it was inside. Usually I'm quite warm in my baseball costume but this time I think I looked more like an icicle.

But think it can sometimes be a cost thing as others have said. The prices for flights etc get hiked up in summer.

I was bad enough the monday afternoon as I was leaving, having to de-ice the car in the midst of dealing with tears and post-con blues. LOL.

Same, we came to ET4 with my car (may she rest in piece, someone crashed into me a week later ;___:P

We had to get huge frozen water drops off my car, I couldn't open the doors for a while... AND additionally we had to catch our ferry back to Germany in time... we were a bit freaked XD

But I agree, while I would love if it was a bit warmer, everythig is just too expensive in the summer... but the Hilton is always nice and cozy (except at ET3, it was bit cold inside) ^^

Edited by Endless Fighter

I have to say I think the timing that they are is PERFECT!!

I am a teacher and my daughter who comes with me is still at school so having it the first weekend of the school half-terms is great. We can come after school on the Friday and STILL stay on the Sunday without worrying about school / work on the Monday :blink:

this is true, the couple of times it has snowed, it took someone else pointing it out for me to know that it had lol :blink:

SHHHHH I'm pretending that if we dont mention snow, that it won't Honestly, that is my WORST nightmare, having to drive to ET5 in snow... I live in the countryside and dread being snowed into my village and missing all the fun.

Lol, this is exactly what my mum wondered when I told her I was going to ET5...why is it in the winter? :P

I've been looking at long term weather forecasts for a while now and thankfully they both (BBC & Met Office) say that during the con weekend the weather'll be non-snowy :blink:

So it looks like everything'll be ok :(

I dont think it matters too much for the et events cuz who really leaves the hotel over the weekend?!

bitten was lovely in august glad that was is in the summer cuz everything in northampton is within walking distance and they have those nice picnic tables outside!

Not everyone lives at the hilton - doh :-)