important message from Showmasters

showmasters

I can't post much as I'm currently at another organisers event and on my phone, but let's just say £350 hotel and transport booked by myself and 3 others...all non refundable..annoyed doesn't quite cover how we're feeling!!!

Especially as this is the SECOND event now that's been cancelled within months I've been set to attend and I I've been hit massively in the pocket for..

I will post more on this when I get home after the weekend!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well €200 down the drain for me....... and the same for my 2 friends who had booked non-refundable flights and cheap non-refundable hotels.

Will have to forget about any conventions for the rest of the year now, can't really afford to take the risk.......

Same here, although its cost me £100. Can't take the risk again so won't be attending any more shows. Whilst I understand the problems, money is quite tight these days and trips to London and other expensive destinations that are going to be risky are out for me now. :thumbup:

I think it may be a good idea to change the website to show 'CANCELLED' as I think anyone new will still think that the show is still on. Without going into forums, I wouldn't have known about the cancelation
No doubt the website will be amended when the person who updates it is available to make the required changes.

all good points, quality over quantity
Remember that the next time you consider posting a request for Eliza Dusku :thumbup:

If at all possible, it would be great if you could re-schedule Sean Maher (preferably for Hallowhedon 3) and Nicole de Boer, as they were the two I most wanted to meet.
Sean would be great at HW3. Likewise for Nicole at Warp 10. They would both be popular for LFCC, CM17 and CM:G

Personally those two and Jennifer Lien are the ones that I am hoping the most are able to be rescheduled.

I think rescheduling them to ME cons is unfair, its less likely the majority can make the ME cons, I know i cant make warp or HW at the moment, where as its easier to book of the CM style events and usually more worth while financially overall. for example is walter got announced for warp after I was due to meet him at a cm event thats now pulled id be very upset. thankfully jason seems to be concentrating on cm17 and LFCC for these guests, fingers crossed.

Sadly, all of the guests must already have schedules too, so I imagine that Jason is booking them for whenever they are available. But yes, concentrating on booking them for a similar style of show is logical.

Its not like we only get the guests once, so just cos they book for one thing doesnt mean its the last we will see of them...............thankfully :thumbup:

Edited by Rhianydd

I think rescheduling them to ME cons is unfair, its less likely the majority can make the ME cons, I know i cant make warp or HW at the moment, where as its easier to book of the CM style events and usually more worth while financially overall. for example is walter got announced for warp after I was due to meet him at a cm event thats now pulled id be very upset. thankfully jason seems to be concentrating on cm17 and LFCC for these guests, fingers crossed.
I suggested Warp 10 because I am going :thumbup: .

They will be rescheduled to whatever event they are available for. There is a chance that some people will not see them because they can not make that event. For others who will be at that event and couldn't make EMS then they potentially it is a bonus guest. Whoever ends up where won't please everyone unfortunately. We just need to be grateful that some of them can reschedule so soon.

Edited by 1of2

'tis tragic to hear EMS has been cancelled :chair:

I'm kinda thankful now that I only booked an entry ticket & photoshoot with Sean Maher so yeah... I'm hoping SM reschedule him to the LFCC 'cos I can't make CM in Milton Keynes :D

But I've just one question, am I right in thinking that instead of the photoshoots being refunded they'll simply be swapped for the new event whilst entry tickets for EMS will be refunded and not swapped? ...errm hope that makes sense :thumbup:

It would also be a problem for the photos if they were at the conventions instead - you'd want a refund for your photoshoot since you'd probably go for a silver with photos already included. The admin would be a bit trickyer.

I'd also have said you were safer from event cancellations at a show than a con, until this weekend at least. But with 5 weeks notice here, all bets might be off.

Jason said

All photo ops will be moved to the new dates and any tickets already purchased will be valid for the new photo shoots. Anyone not being able to attend the new dates should contact us to arrange a refund. All entry tickets will automatically be refunded.

so if you are unable to make a date, just contact the office for your refund. The email address is in my signature

Jason said

All photo ops will be moved to the new dates and any tickets already purchased will be valid for the new photo shoots. Anyone not being able to attend the new dates should contact us to arrange a refund. All entry tickets will automatically be refunded.

so if you are unable to make a date, just contact the office for your refund. The email address is in my signature

Awesome :thumbup:

There isn't any sort of deadline for when you can contact them for a refund, is there? 'cos I'd just like to wait until I know which event Sean's been rescheduled to (lol, yeah... I was only going to EMS to meet him :P )

I have to say I agree many posters on here.

I've just got home and was very very disappointed and sad as I have been saving for this event for ages. Not even sure I can get money back for the hotel.

I do sympathise for all at Showmasters and I know this being cancelled must have been a last resort, however, it is still very disappointing indeed.

I hope all my photoshoots will be refunded and I may or may not need a refund on entry ticket - as I'm not sure whether I can go on new events yet.

Jason said

Awesome :thumbup:

There isn't any sort of deadline for when you can contact them for a refund, is there? 'cos I'd just like to wait until I know which event Sean's been rescheduled to (lol, yeah... I was only going to EMS to meet him :P )

I am not really sure at the moment, I wouldnt think it has to be done straight away, just keep hold of your booking confirmation. If it has been a few weeks, you could email the office then and say you are holding of from getting a refund pending Seans re-booking.

Redragon, if you want refunds, contact the office to indicate that you would like them refunded.

I hope all my photoshoots will be refunded and I may or may not need a refund on entry ticket - as I'm not sure whether I can go on new events yet.
Photo shoots will be refunded if you require - contact SM with the order details etc. All entry tickets will be refunded automatically.

:thumbup: Thats really sad to hear. Was looking forward to this event. Will be looking forward to a bigger and better MK event and LFCC instead and with more money to spend hopefully! Its unfortunate that it had to happen but I guess these things do happen sometimes.

Never good news when things get cancelled and if personal/family reasons come into play, well those should always take priority of course. Unfortunately people do book hotels etc for these things well in advance and have lost money.

Having said that, personally I do think Showmasters have been overstretching themselves for a while now with all the shows that are being run or trying to be set up, espcially in the current financial climate.

I do think stepping back a bit and concentrating on fewer and making those the very best that they can be would benefit everyone. You'd have more time to concentrate on the organisation, more time to search for and book quality guests, fans would have more time to save up and not have to think about spreading themselves around so much across the myriad of events that are run these days.

I for one much preferred some of the earlier Milton Keynes shows for example. Still to this day CM4 stands out as being one of the best for me. Loads of high quality guests, large numbers of people, great atmosphere. I went on every day to see different people and haven't felt the need to do that since as more shows have been added.

Don't mean to moan as Showmaster have done a great job of bringing quality guests to meet us and I fully appreciate that and want to continue to support that, I'm checking the forums almost every day for new guests etc but it's been very slow so far this year on that score and I do feel having so many things to concentrate on now isn't maybe the best thing for everyone.

Flame away if you want, just a personal view. Sometimes less is more.