next guest coming soon

showmasters

I'm sure a guest would be announced as soon as the ink is dry.

ME have told us they are working on it and i'm not getting stressed by it, we have 4 guests and I'm excited to meet each of them - anyone else will be a bonus.

Two and a half weeks to go people!!!

It's going to be incredible :-)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure a guest would be announced as soon as the ink is dry.

ME have told us they are working on it and i'm not getting stressed by it, we have 4 guests and I'm excited to meet each of them - anyone else will be a bonus.

Two and a half weeks to go people!!!

It's going to be incredible :-)

Ha! ha! Gemma I loved your little videos of Rob and I dont care about the arguing either cos I trust that showmasters will give us another amazing weekend :thumbup: xxxxxxxx

• Moderators

Schedule is normally the week of the event, usually a day or two before. This is to allow for last minute changes etc. Sometimes there can be changes on the actual day!

As for the last guests, they are still being worked on, so you will just have to wait for those.

ET5 It is in 3 weeks and always no news!!!

When shall have we the schedule and the names of the last guests?

I think last con we got the scheduele the same week week of the event but that can differ from time to time. If they are waiting for guests to sign their contracts we may have to wait alittle longer.

Oops me and Davidb posted about the same time. As he said it could be the day before, it could be a few days before. I think the soonest we have had it before is a week before

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

• Showmasters Admin

The schedule takes quite a bit of time to do, so until we have the guests confirmed and we know how many tickets are sold it can't be done. We usually leave it until about 2 weeks before the event to start as by then we usually know the guests and have a very good idea of final ticket sale numbers.

The guest will (fingers crossed) be confirmed in the next couple of days. The office are chasing, and it could literally be any moment.

• Showmasters Admin

Oh don't get me started on schedules - printed, highlighted, laminated.... then changed when we got to the event.

The above wasn't a complaint!!!!! Just in case someone takes it as one.

In the end I ended up having to create 4 different schedules for that event :D

Oh don't get me started on schedules - printed, highlighted, laminated.... then changed when we got to the event.

In the end I ended up having to create 4 different schedules for that event :D

That is all you do though isn't it??? :poki:

Banned from the forum forever for that message I take it.

I love your schedules and can't even begin to think how long it takes - 'specially when a guest goes home like at ET4.

Bless TooTall and his endless schedules. :D

Sooooooooo excited about this event, looking forward to meeting all the guests, none of whom I've yet met after missing out on the proms which I was gutted about as I love Daniel. I've never been disappointed with an ET con and I'm sure the guys will pull another two great guests out of the bag.

I know people are worried about guest announcements taking so long, but this isnt the fault of ME, they can only go at the speed of the people they are in talks with, sometimes it takes a while for things to get sorted, when they posted "soon" in regards of a guest announcement, they likely didnt anticipate having to wait this long for contracts to be sorted and no doubt are stressed trying to sort it all out.

No matter how much people post on here getting angry about no announcements its not going to make things go any faster and I'm not saying that you cant post your opinions or how you feel but getting angry at this point in time is not going to do you any good. I'd also love to know who the other guests are but I know ME cant announce anything until its all confirmed.

Sooooooooo excited about this event, looking forward to meeting all the guests, none of whom I've yet met after missing out on the proms which I was gutted about as I love Daniel. I've never been disappointed with an ET con and I'm sure the guys will pull another two great guests out of the bag.

I know people are worried about guest announcements taking so long, but this isnt the fault of ME, they can only go at the speed of the people they are in talks with, sometimes it takes a while for things to get sorted, when they posted "soon" in regards of a guest announcement, they likely didnt anticipate having to wait this long for contracts to be sorted and no doubt are stressed trying to sort it all out.

No matter how much people post on here getting angry about no announcements its not going to make things go any faster and I'm not saying that you cant post your opinions or how you feel but getting angry at this point in time is not going to do you any good. I'd also love to know who the other guests are but I know ME cant announce anything until its all confirmed.

I was going to write something but it was basically this ^^^^ :D

Hehe, I laminated my last one too, this time I'm just going to bring a highlighter and plastic wallet with me :D

I blame my enthusiasm on working in a printing centre, I look at all of our finishing equipment and go overboard! Laminating, making the schedule into a booklet, making a booklet and comb binding it, heat binding, little laminated cards for each day (did this for ET3!). Will try and rein myself in this time :)

• Showmasters Admin

out of curiosity TooTall, how lon does it take you to do one schedule?

It depends on how complicated it's going to be. I've got a lot quicker as I do more.

I get the basics from the office, ticket numbers, the number of GEs per guest, if there is to be a quiz or screening etc.

I then do a rough version, based on the number of guests and ticket holders. That doesn't usually take too long, maybe 30 minutes to an hour. If it's something like a Hub with 10 guests (some only on one day) and then 500+ attendees it can take a lot longer.

I sent it to the office they give their opinions on things like who should be on stage with whom, if they'd like to add in anything. This can happen 3 or 4 times.

Then once we decide on a final version I then "pimp" it. The basic pimping "making it pretty" only takes about 30 mins to an hour. The thing that takes the time is adding in the groups for photo shoots and autographs. Making sure they don't clash, making sure all the groups have about half of their autos each day. I try and makes sure that GOLD and SILVER have more autographs on Sunday if I can as they are going to have most of thier photos on Saturday. This doing, double and triple checking, finding an issue, moving a group to find it's causes a different clash to then move something else and on and on.

Again I've got better at this as I go along but the number of guests makes a big difference to how long that takes. Can be anywhere between 2 and 3 hours depending on the show.

Thinking about it, it doesn't sound that bad, but if like at ET4 you end up having to do the above 4 times and on the 4th one you have to allow for a guest not turning up until 12 midday on the Saturday :WINCE:

Rather you than me Too Tall - you do an amazing job and it's VERY much appreciated. If I did it there would be absolute chaos all weekend and I would probably be found hiding underneath a bed...... at a different hotel..... months later

:WINCE:

TooTall I have every admiration for you. I organise Events for two schools and a sixth form and I stress out to the point Im practically on my knees, and I have sometimes only a third or half of the people coming to my events!!!

I KISS YOUR FEET! x

Then once we decide on a final version I then "pimp" it. The basic pimping "making it pretty" only takes about 30 mins to an hour. The thing that takes the time is adding in the groups for photo shoots and autographs. Making sure they don't clash, making sure all the groups have about half of their autos each day. I try and makes sure that GOLD and SILVER have more autographs on Sunday if I can as they are going to have most of thier photos on Saturday. This doing, double and triple checking, finding an issue, moving a group to find it's causes a different clash to then move something else and on and on.

Please will someone make Too Tall a t-shirt saying 'Schedule Pimp' on it? Please??!!!

(just popped the quote brackets in)

Edited by Rhianydd