• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone define 'soon'

i'm going stir crazy here! ;)

But it'll be in the next 4 weeks ;)

^^ That'll do ;) Thank you :P

I can stop checking all the time now. Need to chill out a bit lol! Although 4 weeks takes us up to the 17th so... :clap:

Edited by StaciesEclipse

Can someone define 'soon'

i'm going stir crazy here! :WINCE:

But it'll be in the next 4 weeks ;)

^^ That'll do :D Thank you :D

I can stop checking all the time now. Need to chill out a bit lol! Although 4 weeks takes us up to the 17th so... :WINCE:

That was the joke ha! :P

(I would also be VERY happy with Liz Reaser, PFach, Jackson, Ashley, Kellan, Anna...)

It wont be Peter ^_^ He's doing stuff for Alex's Lemonade on the 19th in New Jersey :P

I'm crossing everything for him to be at ET6 :)

me too!

Edit: Sorry, I know you didn't mention the event by name but there was still too much information for it to be easily google-able so I have removed your last comment.

Edited by 1of2

Hi guys

I don't normally use the forum.

I have attended all of the Twilight events so far and I am also attending this one.

I am disappointed that we are more of less being told that we have to get the tickets sold or else we won't get the bigger guests.

In a thread for ET4, this was said:

5 one other thing you may want to know if we got offered more than one really big guest at once we would just go for it , as we all know its tuff getting them when they are around to do an event so if they were able to attend we would just book them in , just so you know . we are working on guest all the time every week and we know that you still want to meet the bigger names from Twilight and we are working on this very hard and are closer in this last year then ever before to making that happen with one or two of them , so we will keep going for them and we will keep trying to bring you the chance to meet all the cast of Twilight over the next few ETs .

I am seriously starting to doubt it we will ever get the "bigger guests" again.

I have every faith in SM / ME that they will get us some of the bigger stars of Twilight, even if its not at ET5 or even ET6. They have pulled some really rare and amazing guests over the years at different events.

Keep up the good work guys!

me too!

I really wanted to go to that, or the thing somewhere else but I just haven't got the money. The only chance of me getting to meet him is if he comes to the UK :D

In the mean time I'm just crossing my fingers.

Edit: Sorry I had already edited crepusculo's post and now I have removed the quote from yours. The event was not mentioned by name but contained too much information and was easy to find in a search.

Edited by 1of2

I am disappointed that we are more of less being told that we have to get the tickets sold or else we won't get the bigger guests.

Unfortunately the tickets sales help generate the funds required to get the guests. The more that are sold then, potentially. the bigger the guest/s. Subject to availability of course.

Unfortunately the tickets sales help generate the funds required to get the guests. The more that are sold then, potentially. the bigger the guest/s. Subject to availability of course.

I get that but telling us that the ticket sales were much lower than expected a month before the event is quite short notice if we are to spread the word and try and get people to buy them. We all do our best to tell other Twi fans about these events and we are already supporting them by attending.

I feel that one of the reasons for telling us if the tickets sold we would possibly get a bigger guest is that SM/ME know it's unlikely that they can get a bigger guest as if we did get a bigger guest the tickets would def sell.

We keep getting told that these events are going to get bigger and better, the only thing that seems to get bigger is the cost.

Edited by Twilightaddict

I know it's disappointing but complaining about it doesn't do anything but encourage others to complain. It's not SMs fault and I know they've only given us a month but it's only been 3 months since the last one they probably thought they'd sell more Christmas time tickets anyway I know I'll have a great time at this event just like I always have I trust SM to deliver on that (and on the free candy floss) I'm sorry you feel disappointed and I totally understand it (I am a little but I still think we'll get another guest yet) but not a lot can be done about it unfortunately :D

I went to ET2 and ET4 and they were the best weekend events of my life, and the best most memorable guests i met were Leah Gibson (and she's got like one line in eclipse) and Julia Jones, not classed as 'big guests' by anyones standard im guessing? i love everything about the weekend, even the waiting around and dodgy food so im just totally stoked for ET5 even if they didn't announce any more guests, which they are, Michael Welch will do just fine, WHERE FOR ART THOU BELLA! ftw :P

PROM... WITH... ME?

heehees love it!

Positive people! :D

I went to ET2 and ET4 and they were the best weekend events of my life, and the best most memorable guests i met were Leah Gibson (and she's got like one line in eclipse) and Julia Jones, not classed as 'big guests' by anyones standard im guessing? i love everything about the weekend, even the waiting around and dodgy food so im just totally stoked for ET5 even if they didn't announce any more guests, which they are, Michael Welch will do just fine, WHERE FOR ART THOU BELLA! ftw :P

PROM... WITH... ME?

heehees love it!

Positive people! :D

Awws :D

I get that but telling us that the ticket sales were much lower than expected a month before the event is quite short notice if we are to spread the word and try and get people to buy them. We all do our best to tell other Twi fans about these events and we are already supporting them by attending.

I feel that one of the reasons for telling us if the tickets sold we would possibly get a bigger guest is that SM/ME know it's unlikely that they can get a bigger guest as if we did get a bigger guest the tickets would def sell.

We keep getting told that these events are going to get bigger and better, the only thing that seems to get bigger is the cost.

It is a shame that you feel that way. ME are just trying to put on the best event possible.

Regarding the costs ET1 to ET3 were all the same price. There was a slight increase for ET4 of £10/£20/£30 for Standard, Silver and Gold respectively. Effectively over a two year period and five events I would think this is very good. Especially with the increasing costs of the guests not being helped by the economy and exchange rates over the same period.

tbh, getting the bigger guests for me anyway [not sure if anyone else feels like this!] isn't necessarily a clincher - as I'd far perefer to meet a couple of the other actors over say kristen - or possibly even rob, if you were talking big as in bigbig.

i agree, it does seem to be a bit of a case of "if we can't get the tickets sold, you won't get as big a guest" - but as others have said, that's more logic than SM trying to be mean or something ;) tickets = money, and money=paying guests etc.

.. as for next guest -squee- i remain hopeful :whistling:

TBF if I cared about Twilight this would be the best line up for a while, "big" guests aren't the bee all and end all imo lol the smaller one's always end up being the best

IMO

Agreed! To me this line-up is one I'm really looking forward to. I know Alex and Daniel have done other events before but we've never seen Alex over here at a weekend event to do proper talks and encounters. Dan only did Proms so not everyone will have wanted to or been able to go to those. They were much smaller events.

Really, if you wanna get picky lol, all 4 guests are new as none have been to an ET before. The only repeats we've had an ET were Bewley, Gil and Chaske at ET4 and they were partly surprises/replacements which I think is pretty good going for 5 events!

I've been wanting to meet Michael for aaggesss so him coming is EPIC!! And Jodelle's a someone new to meet and she's been in loads of other things.

Sometimes the big guests are the ones that are the disappointments tbh. I know for a fact that Alex and Daniel wont be and I've seen vids of Michael at US cons and he looks like a blast!!

xxxx

*crosses fingers for Michael Welch to sing Bohemian rapsody*

(anyone who has seen the video of him will know why)

I love all the guests, big or small, the smaller names are always so much

fun that I kind of view them as bigger guests. And TBH anyone from the Twilight

saga is 'big' in my book, I mean they have potentially been NEAR Robert Pattinson,

Kristen Stewart or Taylor Lautner :whistling:

I say we keep positive.. I would rather have the smaller supportive people than the bigger ones(not that I dont want to meet them too ). Some of the best times have been had with the smaller roled people.. I am happy with whomever we get!! I am really looking forward to meeting Danial!!!!!! *my rant is done now.. *

I am really looking forward to meeting Jodelle, she's such a sweet actress... I was upset when she and Alex had to pull out of ET4 due to filming, but I was MADE UP when they were both going to be at ET5 :-)

I've heard that Daniel and Mike are both awesome guys, both fun loving, friendly - so really the line up is perfect.

Can't wait to find out who else we have. Personally, if I can't have Rob and Kristen, the next people I'd like to meet would be Liz and Billy Burke - but if I am honest, anyone would be great. The atmosphere of the weekend is going to be amazing.

Can't wait :-)

Tbh I can't help but feel people need to stop focusing on the bigger guest stuff. Yes we would all LOVE the bigger stars..... But instead of moaning all the time about it people shud come to terms with the fact that they are expensive, and very busy actors. And despite all that SM still try there best and we can't ask more than that I feel. They have managed to get some great guests and I dnt doubt they will again. I personally have bought my tickets before guests have been announced, yes some have smaller parts then others and cancellations are a pain, but I have never come back from an Et disapponted. Roll on feb!! I can't wait :)

Sooooo when will we know who's next? Lol

Tbh I can't help but feel people need to stop focusing on the bigger guest stuff. Yes we would all LOVE the bigger stars..... But instead of moaning all the time about it people shud come to terms with the fact that they are expensive, and very busy actors. And despite all that SM still try there best and we can't ask more than that I feel. They have managed to get some great guests and I dnt doubt they will again. I personally have bought my tickets before guests have been announced, yes some have smaller parts then others and cancellations are a pain, but I have never come back from an Et disapponted. Roll on feb!! I can't wait :)

Hi there

I do agree with some of what you are saying but just to straighten things out, I certainly don't moan all the time, in fact I hardly ever post but I do read the forum regularly. I know that the bigger stars are expensive and busy but what I am saying is that ME have repeatedly said they are trying to get the bigger guests for us. I am not saying they haven't tried, I am just saying I don't think we will ever get them, not because ME don't try. We are all entitled to say how we feel surely? I do support these events but it just seems like disappointment after disappointment and despite the fact that ME aren't necessarily at fault it does cause frustration.

Hi there

I do agree with some of what you are saying but just to straighten things out, I certainly don't moan all the time, in fact I hardly ever post but I do read the forum regularly. I know that the bigger stars are expensive and busy but what I am saying is that ME have repeatedly said they are trying to get the bigger guests for us. I am not saying they haven't tried, I am just saying I don't think we will ever get them, not because ME don't try. We are all entitled to say how we feel surely? I do support these events but it just seems like disappointment after disappointment and despite the fact that ME aren't necessarily at fault it does cause frustration.

Hey, Well it wasnt aimed at anyone specific, I didn't meantion any names or quoted from other posts. This is always coming up on here about 'bigger and better guests' and it's always the same issues and complaints, and SM always reply back with the same answers. They know who we all want, we know they try to get them..... So why keep going over everything is all I'm saying. And again, that ain't at you specifically. Let's all just wait see who this next one is, or maybe even a surprise again on the night, either way we all enjoy it right?

Agreed! To me this line-up is one I'm really looking forward to. I know Alex and Daniel have done other events before but we've never seen Alex over here at a weekend event to do proper talks and encounters. Dan only did Proms so not everyone will have wanted to or been able to go to those. They were much smaller events.

Really, if you wanna get picky lol, all 4 guests are new as none have been to an ET before. The only repeats we've had an ET were Bewley, Gil and Chaske at ET4 and they were partly surprises/replacements which I think is pretty good going for 5 events!

I've been wanting to meet Michael for aaggesss so him coming is EPIC!! And Jodelle's a someone new to meet and she's been in loads of other things.

Sometimes the big guests are the ones that are the disappointments tbh. I know for a fact that Alex and Daniel wont be and I've seen vids of Michael at US cons and he looks like a blast!!

xxxx

I think you have a great line up I really do.

I remember when charlie got announced (and I know a lot of people don't like him but a lot of people LOVE him) and he was a small guest who got complained about, and even though I'm not into twilight anymore I still do a tonne of stuff with Charlie, and the guy legit changed my life, not in like a jesus way lol a lot of the people i met at the events have too, but by having one of those small guests, I'm constantly in touch with him via twitter and e-mail, he even came out for my birthday, I really can't imagine the "big" guests putting tht much work in with their fans.

Same as leah gibson she got a royal ripping when she was announced then everyone LOVED her.

Dan got an ace reaction too..... tbh if I think back the cullens (minus pfach) wouldn't even be in my top 5 guests