Who was... (Maybe you can help me find) The Woman behind the Cat?

KingRichard76

After we had got all the Autographs we wanted we did one last sweep over the stands etc on our way to go when I saw (my personal favourite ever) cosplayer.

None other than the Wonderful feline Purrrfectly purrrrsonified by Michelle Pfeiffer - Catwoman!

The Catsuit was the best costume I've seen excellent detail etc.

WhostheWomanbehindtheCat.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you to Catwoman for posing with me :)

After we had got all the Autographs we wanted we did one last sweep over the stands etc on our way to go when I saw (my personal favourite ever) cosplayer.

None other than the Wonderful feline Purrrfectly purrrrsonified by Michelle Pfeiffer - Catwoman!

Very impressive - that's not where my hand would have been :D:blink:

I'm sure she was Cat Woman at last years autumn *****. There were a few other variations (a few Halle Berrys, and a few Pfeiffer wannabes), but as I recall, this was the best example.

Normally can't see the point (or know the character.. (Hi, I'm a level9 demon on Final Fantasy23.....)) but there are exceptions that break the rule..

I saw the Catwoman, great outfit.

Edited by tanusspijek

i'm really pleased you've put this pic up now i can show my other half.

she looked amazing the detail is outstanding i hope she won a prize or something cos she deserves too.

AWESOME :D xx

You're very welcome, it had to be done :)

And I can only concur with what you've said.

The photo made my day big time.

Very impressive - that's not where my hand would have been :lol::YAHOO:

Yep, the Catsuit is very impressive isn't it :) Ah, but there has to be some decorum lol. Am just very grateful.

The Catwoman not only looked great but was very pleasant..... I was working all weekend with my own group of costumers and was next to the Catwoman on Sunday. She was great with the customers and got onto the whole thing. Now she is obviously an attractive girl but what I really liked about her was that she didnt strut around like she was something special (as you sometimes see) but she totally got into the character and was only to happy to let everybody get their pics with her and she was clearly enjoying the day.

But she must have been sweating buckets in that because it was a bit warm in the venue anyway but covered head to toe in a costume like that......??????

Yes, talc is your friend. I was telling my gf that day that I'd love to have worn my Batwoman costume but I'd have been so hot, it bad enough in my Codex costume. When I have worn my Batwoman I've had to use talc. lol

Interestingly, I never saw this girl. I was there pretty much all day saturday and I'm sure I'd have remembered if I saw her.

Yes, talc is your friend. I was telling my gf that day that I'd love to have worn my Batwoman costume but I'd have been so hot, it bad enough in my Codex costume. When I have worn my Batwoman I've had to use talc. lol

Interestingly, I never saw this girl. I was there pretty much all day saturday and I'm sure I'd have remembered if I saw her.

I think she was Sunday only as I didn't see her Saturday either.

Yes I believe she was Sunday only.

Thanks for the talc info- I have learnt something today (doesnt happen often)

I dont costume myself (but help with a costuming group)... but love these guys that costume as it really brings these events alive.

Actually, no - I lie!

She was there Saturday, I was working on the Organisers Booth and I saw her go into the toilets to get changed.

Or maybe I'm imagining it :wub:

If you can imagine somebody entering a toilet then emerging as Catwoman then that is a hell of an imagination you have. I think its fair to say she must have been there on Saturday to- dunno how I didnt notice her though.

Actually, no - I lie!

She was there Saturday, I was working on the Organisers Booth and I saw her go into the toilets to get changed.

Or maybe I'm imagining it :wub:

If you can imagine somebody entering a toilet then emerging as Catwoman then that is a hell of an imagination you have. I think its fair to say she must have been there on Saturday to- dunno how I didnt notice her though.

Lol, no I think she entered the toilet as Catwoman and emerged as herself. It was the end of the day :D

Catwoman was absolutely brilliant, I had a photo taken and ended up next to her at the Quiz. She was attending with Captain Jack Sparrow (who was a brilliantly in character whenever I saw him). His hands were shaking when he got his cutlass signed, though.

It was the Saturday as thats the only day I was there :wub:

For me, it wasn't just because she was a cosplayer, I mean its always fun to get pics taken with Vader or a Stormtrooper etc. No, this was much different and goes back to 1992.

I was at the tender age of 16 and had gone to the local Cannon theatre to see Batman Returns, and how I can never forget that image, Michelle Pfeiffer encased in a tight fitting Black Latex Catsuit with a whip, high heeled stilletoes etc - I bought the video the following year and obviously developed one heck of a crush on Michelle, and all through my adoloscence - which at 34 I'm still going through... HA!

Has always been a Fantasy to be with - as in meet - Catwoman and NEVER thought this would ever come true.

So when, on Saturday we were near the sports guests and I saw Catwoman - and not just Catwoman but dressed in an obviously very expensive Catsuit with such detail that looked as close as the Mary (Costume Designer for Batman Returns) Vogt outfit as possible, even the claws, the suppressed 16 year old screamed at me to get a Photo with her, my friend (who had previously taken oodles of pictures with me with Angelina Jolie at the Salt Premiere)knew exactly what I was thinking as I handed him my Blackberry and EOS and then approached her, altogether my friend took 7 photos closeups etc and I am beyond happy with them.

I did say to her "You have no idea how much this means to me." because it really did and wasn't some empty meaningless statement.

She is Catwoman, hear her roar!

she was gorgeous, plus a wonderfull excellent cosplay! and she seemed really nice. I thought she seemed familiar, some say wonder woman from LFCC is that right? I missed the opportunity to get a pic with her at LFCC.

Amen to that.

She was very patient as my friend took a ton of photos with my eos - and then also took the photo of you and her - :)

Just to add, Batman Returns was on today on Sky Showcase, sure takes me back.

Yep, someone else mentioned that she was Wonder Woman.

To answer the original question, the woman behind the cat is Emmy Clapp.

She was introduced at the Cosplay Masquerade on Sunday as 'Emmy'. Back in July, 'Jessica-Rabbit' of this 'ere forum mentioned Emmy's full name in one of the LFCC threads, after she'd caught lots of people's attention as Wonder Woman.

Google politely informs me that you can see more of Emmy's costumes here. From there, you can click the 'profile' link for a biog.

Gentlemen, please don't run. You might trip.

To answer the original question, the woman behind the cat is Emmy Clapp.

She was introduced at the Cosplay Masquerade on Sunday as 'Emmy'. Back in July, 'Jessica-Rabbit' of this 'ere forum mentioned Emmy's full name in one of the LFCC threads, after she'd caught lots of people's attention as Wonder Woman.

Google politely informs me that you can see more of Emmy's costumes here. From there, you can click the 'profile' link for a biog.

Gentlemen, please don't run. You might trip.

First of all thanks for this very informative post and I ran fell over picked myself up and read through some of the info.

As I mentioned I think in my first post that the Catsuit looked very detailed and obviously expensive.

The website says, "£130ish" and how "Its a full rubber latex suit, with white stiching (that took ages to sew, so much!) lace up boots, corset, gloves with claws(that also took ages to make! cat cowl and finally the whip."

A lot can be said about being a Perfectionist and this has been displayed 100% by Emmy.