NEW GUEST Announcement and new web site to go up

showmasters

• Moderators

I think thats what a lot of us are worried about - that it will become a bigger part of the event and ruin things.

But lets wait and see.....

The same thing was said when they first announced stuff for LFCC, and it didn't cause any problems.

Truthfully I know Jason and co are more than aware of how autograph collectors are against what has happened elsewhere. He'll never let that happen, and it will always be managed in an acceptable way.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think thats what a lot of us are worried about - that it will become a bigger part of the event and ruin things.

But lets wait and see.....

The same thing was said when they first announced stuff for LFCC, and it didn't cause any problems.

Truthfully I know Jason and co are more than aware of how autograph collectors are against what has happened elsewhere. He'll never let that happen, and it will always be managed in an acceptable way.

Unless some Trojan Horse of an apparently on-side moderator manages to persuade him otherwise. Your secret agenda has been all to clear for some time now Mr Closet Glomper

• Moderators

Unless some Trojan Horse of an apparently on-side moderator manages to persuade him otherwise. Your secret agenda has been all to clear for some time now Mr Closet Glomper

OK OK you got me .. more crazy glompers = less autograph collectors = less time waiting to get my autographs. Just don't tell anyone.

• Moderators

That formula is proven you know, get 40,000 through the door and 125 or so actually want autographs.:D

Without going too off topic - absolutely! Pain in the spam to get in the damn place, thinking 'oh god it's so busy!' and then get into the tiniest queues for the guests. Oh well, not complaining!

Anyway I like to think we've got more chance of Jason renaming this event Bakercon in tribute to Kenny than it having any anime/manga subtitles.

Anyway I like to think we've got more chance of Jason renaming this event Bakercon in tribute to Kenny than it having any anime/manga subtitles.

Do you have to go giving Jason yet more bloody ideas?! A con devoted entirely to Kenny. :thumbup:

Of course Bakercon could be some sort of Greggs/Bakers Oven extravaganza - with copious amounts of pasties, pies and sausage rolls...................... BRING IT ON!! I want a gold pass!! :YAHOO:

I would have gone with Bakermania

Of course Bakercon could be some sort of Greggs/Bakers Oven extravaganza - with copious amounts of pasties, pies and sausage rolls...................... BRING IT ON!! I want a gold pass!! :unsure:
On behalf of a certain person - Will there be a photoshoot?

Do you have to go giving Jason yet more bloody ideas?! A con devoted entirely to Kenny. :unsure:

Of course Bakercon could be some sort of Greggs/Bakers Oven extravaganza - with copious amounts of pasties, pies and sausage rolls...................... BRING IT ON!! I want a gold pass!! :P

For once we are in agreement Keith that is called Porter!

For once we are in agreement Keith that is called Porter!

What? Do you realise what you've just done!

Despite Keith's status as being an exceedingly poor man's Sid James (without even the hairdressing skills), he is at least offering a range of savoury pastry based options.

The choice between this and the David B new world order of spending an afternoon dressed as some sort of enourmous white Japenese cartoon rabbit while jumping on complete strangers backs while they offer free hugs is not a tough one to make.

I am not overly worried. It'll either be a massive guest like Mark Hammil, or a big Star Trek Guest, although I can't think of one that hasn't done a UK signing apart from maybe Jeri Ryan (although I could be wrong there)... OR... It'll be a Star Wars actor who was in it for like 5 seconds. Well Here is hoping for Jeri :D:band::D

Is this 'free hugs' thing associated with manga? I attended an event that had loads of the darlings sitting around in their 'I'm a monster from level 7 of Tekken 121, what do you mean you don't recognise me..' outfits with cards offering 'free hugs'. To say it made one feel uncomfortable doesn't come close..

Can't recall if Urban has done CM, but I know he had done Cons in Germany, and at least 1 in the UK. LOTR related, of course..

Closet glomper alert! I bet you've dressed up as some warpy computer game character in the past or something!!!

Keith's suggestion had my worried for a bit - I had this weird image of Kenny Baker glomping while stuffing his face with pastries from Greggs!

Ahmed Best is the guest. It's been announced elsewhere in any case...

Where?

Is this 'free hugs' thing associated with manga? I attended an event that had loads of the darlings sitting around in their 'I'm a monster from level 7 of Tekken 121, what do you mean you don't recognise me..' outfits with cards offering 'free hugs'. To say it made one feel uncomfortable doesn't come close..

Can't recall if Urban has done CM, but I know he had done Cons in Germany, and at least 1 in the UK. LOTR related, of course..

Closet glomper alert! I bet you've dressed up as some warpy computer game character in the past or something!!!

Keith's suggestion had my worried for a bit - I had this weird image of Kenny Baker glomping while stuffing his face with pastries from Greggs!

Ahmed Best is the guest. It's been announced elsewhere in any case...

Where?

Updated yesterday on the agent's website! 'First Uk Signing ever: Ahmed Best'