Is there NO possible way for a refund?

EliciaCullen

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Hannah had already booked the premire inn, although shes cancelling that, so I'm kind of stuck without a room and travel =|

And I don't think I do know anybody :P I'll check on Facebook though (:

I don't mind being with people older than me, infact, i get on with them more so. I just thought you may not want somebody younger lingering round you ahha :D

Haha of course not, we all kind of mix together really so it's not a problem.

I'm not sure if there are any rooms left at the Hilton? There is a thread were people are looking for roomies but I don't know how comfortable you are about sharing a room with someone you haven't met?

Haven't booked yet =/ It's gonna be mega expensive now I bet grr.

The one we're on cost me £9, and Jen like £6? cos she's got a railcard. I'm getting the megabus back cos it's like a quid ^.^

When I looked last week it was like £35 return each for us, so I just left it and thought I would panic later haha. I said last time that I should have booked early and 'I failed again lol.

Haha of course not, we all kind of mix together really so it's not a problem.

I'm not sure if there are any rooms left at the Hilton? There is a thread were people are looking for roomies but I don't know how comfortable you are about sharing a room with someone you haven't met?

Haven't booked yet =/ It's gonna be mega expensive now I bet grr.

The one we're on cost me £9, and Jen like £6? cos she's got a railcard. I'm getting the megabus back cos it's like a quid ^.^

When I looked last week it was like £35 return each for us, so I just left it and thought I would panic later haha. I said last time that I should have booked early and 'I failed again lol.

I'll go check out the thread :)

xx

thetraineline.com is showing me these:

LIV 13:34 - BHI 15:45 with a change at Birmingham New Street £9

The rest are £15.50+

The trains coming back are all £15.50+ so you should get the bus with me :)

I wudnt mind wasting that.... But in my opinion I'm currently wasting over £200 for a pointless gold.... I understand the no refund policy and the resell policy but I do think in certain circumstances down grades shud be offered, and rather then the whole show selling out, it should be that ticket class... Aka golds sold out or silver etc, very very disappointed :(

I'm not sure how a gold ticket can be "pointless" ???

You will still get the same as a gold ticket has got at every other ET event, in fact you will get more as this is the first ET to have 6 guests attending, the rest have only had 5... if ME pull out a Peter replacement that will make 7 guests.

You still get your photo shoots, you still get the wine reception, you still get front three rows seating... you are not getting anything less than you would have. So I am not sure why you would think a down-grade would be possible?

Tickets are all sold on the basis that guests are appearing due to work committments, this is the only way that ME can book guests because their career always comes first. If you want to do the reception just to meet one guest then that is a risk you need to be willing to take. At the end of the day you still get what you paid for, it's just the guest line up that will change (as always happens).

SJ

x

ok i know wot u mean, but i will explain how a gold is pointless to ME...

So far out of the current 6 guests i want 2 photos and 2 autos..... taking away the repeat guests ( and yeh i know they wont be repeats for everyone) and the ones who are barely in the film at alll.....and even then if u take away julia...the last time i read she is still down for et5 i think....so she would tech be a repeat.... bringing down the total guests i want to see to a lonely one :(

Also i never said i think a down grade is possible....but i think it SHOULD be possible.

I do understand that guests can change and yes i bought my ticket with that understanding....but with this many cancellations...it does mean my ticket for ME is no longer value for money.

Its not about the front row seats, or the reception really anymore, and i certainly didnt go gold for one guest, it was the whole line up at the time. So while u are technically correct the ticket hasnt changed in terms of wot im getting.....but again for ME £225 is far too much for one photo, one auto. A standard would have been much better suited for me this time around and saved me basicly ALOT of money. considering i only earn currently £300 a month......but, im sorry but regardless of anyone else, for ME personally its a massive waste of my money :(

But its clear i dont really have any choice, as i cant waste that amount of money, so i will go and make the most of it :( i think this and et5 (as ive already bought gold) will be my last ones as gold, and ill go down to standard, just better value atm.

By putting 'me' in caps im not being rude or agressive, i just want it to be very clear im only talking about my situation, and im not generalising gold on a whole....its just about me personally. :o

• Moderators

The problem is that, as much as you and others may be disappointed, ME can't offer downgrades based on individual circumstances.

You can't have a condition that basically says:

"If a few guests pull out, and you have no interest in some of the existing guests, and you decide you don't like the replacements, and you're only excited about one guest, and you don't care about the seating or the reception then we'll let you downgrade"

If indeed you're not bothered about the package as a whole and personally you are slightly fussier about what guests there are etc, then definitely go for a lower ticket and then buy additional stuff if you want :o

The problem is that, as much as you and others may be disappointed, ME can't offer downgrades based on individual circumstances.

You can't have a condition that basically says:

"If a few guests pull out, and you have no interest in some of the existing guests, and you decide you don't like the replacements, and you're only excited about one guest, and you don't care about the seating or the reception then we'll let you downgrade"

If indeed you're not bothered about the package as a whole and personally you are slightly fussier about what guests there are etc, then definitely go for a lower ticket and then buy additional stuff if you want :o

at the same time though as me being disapointed...i know people who are very pleased with all the wolves and wish they did have gold...so it wouldnt just be about downgrades but also upgrades... if u have people who want to change its just a shame it cant happen.

Thats why i think wen it comes to the resell policy it should be in ticket class and not the show as a whole. But like u said i can go standard and buy the things i want seperate so it wont be an issue for me much longer...well unless i go standard and there is amazing guests n i wish i had gone gold....haha soo hard to please! :(

I'll happily tell you WHAT you are...:firedevil:

Someone that you like and that you're gonna be nice to? :(

I think we both already know the answer to that one :chair:

You've missed me on the forums, haven't you? You can admit it, it's okay ^_^

somebody posted the resell policy post above, read that it has all the information you need on how ticket reselling works when the con has sold out.

(I will edit this post with a link as soon as I find it)

http://massiveevents.co.uk/eternaltwilight/info.php?resell

Sold Out Ticket Resell Policy

For all events in 2010 onwards we will be introducing a new 'Ticket re-sell policy' for our SOLD OUT events only.

In the event of a show selling out we will open a waiting list for people still wishing to purchase tickets 4 weeks before the event. This will then close 2 weeks later.

During this 2 week time period people no longer able to attend the event will be able to 're-sell' their unwanted tickets to those on the waiting list.

Please note there will be a £15 charge for this service and tickets may only be passed on to people on our waiting list if such persons exist.

We will try our very best to reallocate tickets, which will be done on a first come first served basis only, but tickets can only be resold if there is a person wanting the tickets on our waiting list.

Tickets are still sold under customer names, to be supplied at time of purchase, and can NOT be sold as 'blank tickets.'

The tickets are still non refundable and non transferable until such a time that the event is sold out and only upon entering onto the ticket waiting list within the two week allocated time period. Any refunds or exchanges can NOT be accepted outside of this time period.

i think its is totally wrong of massive events to advertise having guests that are not evening going to attend

surely its all a maketing stunt to get us to buy ticket and then they screw us by saying they non refundable

i m sure there is some law about false advertising becasue this is what they are blatantly doing

i have attended et3 and the proms and i have never been so discusted in massive events

they always new peter would not make it as we have found out now and its not on

i was only attending this event because of peter and i m sure theres plenty of people who are in he same situation as me

i will never attend another massive events event again

refunds should be avalible when massive events cant hold up to here end of the deal ie keeping the origan guest and not changing them 1 month before the event

• Moderators

i think its is totally wrong of massive events to advertise having guests that are not evening going to attend

surely its all a maketing stunt to get us to buy ticket and then they screw us by saying they non refundable

i m sure there is some law about false advertising becasue this is what they are blatantly doing

i have attended et3 and the proms and i have never been so discusted in massive events

i was only attending this event because of peter and i m sure theres plenty of people who are in he same situation as me

refunds should be avalible when massive events cant hold up to here end of the deal ie keeping the origan guest and not changing them 1 month before the event

Hi there,

If it was a marketing stunt, would Peter Facinelli know about it? I'm sure he wouldn't apologise for attending a convention that he had to cancel. Not unless it's some big conspiracy. I'm slightly confused as to what he'd get out of it anyway, if you could perhaps explain that?

Sorry, I have genuine sympathy for those that feel let down, but saying stuff like that doesn't help at all .. that and it just doesn't make any sense!

If you don't want to attend another ME convention then that is your choice. You may miss some great guests in the future. If you choose to attend elsewhere, and guests pull out there too, then perhaps you'll realise that it's not organiser specific. I certainly hope so :angry:

Okay have you even read any of the explanations? You can't keep the original guests if they have other IMPORTANT things to do, and ME did not change them, they cancelled due to said important things to do.

Edited by DavidB

I can't see how it's the fault of SM/ME that some guests have cancelled. If the guests knew they had filming commitments when they were approached by SM/ME, they wouldnt have said they could attend. ME have always said that guests appear subject to work commitments. I am disappointed that Peter has cancelled but SM have never let anyone down when it comes to bringing guests back after cancelling.