Hotel Booking

starshine

Hi I'm new on the forum so apologies if this has already been asked somewhere else :-)

I phoned the Park Inn to book a couple of rooms for myself and some friends and I mentioned Roadhouse 2 but the guy on the phone didn't know what I was talking about. He was very nice about it so I said I'll go back and check the website and make sure I haven't got it wrong, which was my first instinct :-)

I just wanted to check there wasn't another name for it or if anyone else has had any problems or maybe I'm just too eager to get a room booked and have phoned too early!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

xxxx

No, that's definitely the name you should give. All the details are on the website - is that the number you used?

I used the number listed on the venue page of the website but he had no record of Roadhouse 2. I'll give it another try and maybe a different person will answer the phone :-)

Thanks!

• Moderators

Sometimes there are staff members unaware of what's going on. I assume everything's sorted with the hotel as the details are on the event website, and they're not usually.

Just give them the dates and see if they can find someone who knows. There's usually someone around :smile:

Sometimes there are staff members unaware of what's going on. I assume everything's sorted with the hotel as the details are on the event website, and they're not usually.

Just give them the dates and see if they can find someone who knows. There's usually someone around :smile:

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!!!

I have just booked my rooms but thought that I should make you aware that they have it listed as Supernatural convention and not as Roadhouse2. Payment is also being taken at the time of booking so if you book by credit card this will be charged within the next few days and not January which may have an effect on some people.

Thank goodness for pay day :-)

Yes, we definitely had problems. Look like they fell back into that "prepay in full routine" again.

Is there any likelihood that anything can be done to get them to just take the booking and deposit?

Or are we stuck having to pay the full amount at booking? (or looking for somewhere else that doesn't charge at booking!!)

• 3 weeks later...

My friend booked our room but she was told she had to pay it all up front but they did hold the reservation without any payment for about 5 days until her payday.

My guess is it depends very much on who answers the phone as to what deal you are offered! :poki:

When I stayed for The Hub 5 I was charged £65 for the room and was told it was an extra £7 if I wanted breakfast, does that mean they fiddles me out of a free breakfast by trying to charge or has it changed since then? I booked the room in the last week of September if that helps.

The hotel itself, rang on the Wednesday lunchtime because although I was only staying the one night, the thread saying if you stay two nights or more you get a free group photo, so as I thought it could fill up quickly due to this I rang straightaway.

Definitely mentioned it was for The Hub event and the woman on the phone said it was £65, then asked if I wanted breakfast for an additional £7, to which I said no as I really didn't want to pay that much extra.

I booked a business room shortly after Roadhouse and was told that I wouldn't have to pay it all in advance, only to discover after checking my bank account last night that they suddenly chose to take the money in full last week (nearly a month later) and apparently I was in a standard. Nice of them to tell me! Thank goodness Scott was in today to clear things up, although he was baffled as to why that was done as well...

Edited by CosmicAvatar

• 2 months later...

For some odd reason I've started getting emails from Park Inns, even though i've never booked with them... however they have winter sale and it looks like for the singletons it could be better than con rate:

Just checked for con weekend and there is a single room for

48.75 GBP per night if paid in advance or

52.00 GBP payable on the weekend

http://www.parkinn.com/winter-sale

Edited by breakbeat