Music guests

Something I just thought of is that the music guests that are booked for this event are probably not current chart performers so what would the cost of an autograph be? Only reason I ask is that if it's the normal £10 - £15 price wouldn't that affect the actors who in many cases are still working seeing that past music stars are getting the same? The music business is very fickle with many covers done and reallity stars and one hit wonders I wouldn't want it to affect the price and commitment of the actors for a "new" attraction.

What are everyooone elses thoughts?

:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistic:

Suggs

Unrealistic (just for the hell of it):

Brian May

I could be wrong but I seem to remember overhearing a comment at another signing event that Suggs had been approached to appear and they had come close to getting him but couldn't quite reach an agreement.

I think there was a discussion around Brian May coming to Autographica a couple of years back when Patrick Moore appeared. I seem to remember Patrick Moore's representative coming on here saying that Brian May wasn't interested in attending, so while I guess it is unlikely he would appear now it seems that at least an approach of sorts has been made.

Realistic:

Suggs

Unrealistic (just for the hell of it):

Brian May

I could be wrong but I seem to remember overhearing a comment at another signing event that Suggs had been approached to appear and they had come close to getting him but couldn't quite reach an agreement.

I think there was a discussion around Brian May coming to Autographica a couple of years back when Patrick Moore appeared. I seem to remember Patrick Moore's representative coming on here saying that Brian May wasn't interested in attending, so while I guess it is unlikely he would appear now it seems that at least an approach of sorts has been made.

Cheers, thanks for the update..

Lady Gaga (okay okay..I DID say realistically)

I'd be over the moon if they got Gaga, but yeah not incredibly realistic.

AC/DC would be good since they were on the Iron Man 2 soundtrack, as well as being one of the best rock bands in the world.

Going with the slightly improbable, Kylie would be good too as she was Astrid Peth in Doctor Who :)

I'd like to add Paul McCartney to that list. LOL

Edited by memofan

(oh wow i just remembered/worked out my login details having not posted in like a year

MC Lars (satirical/nerdcore post-punk laptop rap, went to SDCC this year I think)

Yeah he did, met him in local gig in ponty, really nice guy ^_^

DJ is awesome too :D

awwh yay a lars fan! :-) lars and dj are awesome indeed, i was guestlisted for their last local show and chatted to dj on the tourbus for a bit hehe

Agree with lots of suggestions on here, esp Alice Cooper, Shirley Manson, Suggs, Debbie Harry and Ray Davies.

I'd also add

Tommy Ramone - last surviving original Ramones member. Lots of Ramones merchandise that I'd like to get signed.

Other members of the Ramones - Marky Ramone, Richie Ramone, C.J. Ramone

Any of the remaining Sex Pistols

The Clash - Mick Jones, Paul Simonen, Topper Headon, Terry Chimes

(I've met Mick a few times and he's one of the best people I've ever met)

Midge Ure

Marc Almond

Phil Oakey

Boy George

Martin Fry (ABC)

Glenn Gregory (Heaven 17)

Peter Hook (Joy Division/New Order)

Buster Bloodvessel (Bad Manners)

Hazel O'Connor

Any of The Specials

There's so many music artists that I'd love to meet, some of the main ones would be; Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Joe McElderry, The Killers, Paramore, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke. So far from the music world, I've met; JLS, Gabriella Cilmi, Alesha Dixon, Olly Murs, McFly, The Wanted, N-Dubz, The Script, Danyl Johnson, Lloyd Daniels and Jedward. Also, I'm meeting The Saturdays on Monday and Scouting For Girls soon too, that's at signings, radio stations and meet and greet gigs etc. So yeah, anyone who's in that sort of music genre would be fantastic. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Alice Cooper (who is also an actor after all!)

ZZ Top (would be awesome to get a photoshoot with all three members!)

Ozzy Osbourne

Airbourne (though you would regret inviting them lol)

Bruce Dickinson

Lemmy Killmister :whistling:

Any AC/DC member but especially Angus Young and Brian Johnson

Slash

They all sound good, but they would thoroughly regret asking Airbourne. PARTY ANIMALS! attended a gig of theirs and vocalist decided he wanted a pint, so he scaled the speakers, walked across the boards to the right and climbed onto the bar. whilst playing a guitar, then pulled his own pint! crazy!

Shirley Manson - as stated earlier - for Garbage and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Flea from RHCP for BTTF 2

Louise Wener from Sleeper, well just for the teenage boy still in me haha.

The lads from James do signings every now and again and Tim Booth played Mr Zasz in Batman Begins.

Bonehead or Tony McCarroll from Oasis may realistically do a signing. I've already met Guigsy and I think Noel & Liam would be a bit of a stretch.......