Saturday 21st - Sunday 22nd August 2010

Guests :

Paul Blake : "Greedo", Star Wars. Sat/Sun - Autographs £10

Kenny Baker : "R2D2", Star Wars. TBC - Autographs £15

Sylvester McCoy : "The Doctor", Doctor Who. Sat/Sun - Autographs £10

Paul Darrow : "Kerr Avon", Blake's Seven. Sat/Sun - Autographs £TBC

Hamish Wilson : "Jamie", Doctor Who Sat - Autographs £10

Danny John-Jules : "The Cat", Red Dwarf Sat/Sun - Autographs £10

Joe Flanigan : "John Sheppard", Stargate : SG-1 / Atlantis Sat/Sun - Autographs £20

Alice Krige : "The Borg Queen", Star Trek : First Contact CANCELLED

Paul Freeman : "René Belloq", Raiders Of The Lost Ark Sat - Autographs £10

Dominic Keating : "Lieutenant Malcolm Reed", Star trek : Enterprise Sat/Sun - Autographs £15

Nicola Bryant : "Peri", Doctor Who Sat/Sun - Autographs £10

Chris Barrie : "Rimmer", Red Dwarf Sat/Sun - Autographs £TBC

Other Attractions:

Auction : Your chance to buy some rare items of Collectables and possible even some original movie props!

Cosplay Masquerade : show off your creations, and maybe even win a prize for the best outfit!

Night Is Day : Scotland's homegrown horror series goes from strength to strength, and cast and crew will be at Collectormania Glasgow to promote the latest episodes.

Prop Display : A collection of screen used and replica props and costumes from various sci fi and horror films and TV shows.

Other Information:

Travel Information

Local hotels

Saturday

Talks

Paul Darrow - 11:30-12:00

Star Trek - 12:10-12:40

Joe Flanigan - 12:50-13:30

Auction - 13:40-14:10

Red Dwarf - 14:20-14:50

Cosplay - 15:00-15:30

Star Wars - 15:40-16:10

Doctor Who - 16:20-16:50

Photos

Dominic Keating - 11:35-11:55

Danny John Jules - 12:00-12:15

Hamish Wilson - 12:20-12:35

Kenny Baker - 12:40-12:55

Paul Blake - 13:00-13:15

Sylvester McCoy - 13:20-13:40

Nicola Bryant - 13:45-14:00

Joe Flanigan - 14:05-14:35

Paul Darrow - 14:40-14:55

Paul Freeman - 15:00-15:15

Chris Barrie - 15:20-15:35

Sunday

Talks

Red Dwarf - 11:30-12:00

Paul Darrow - 12:10-12:40

Doctor Who - 12:50-13:20

Auction - 13:30-14:00

Joe Flanigan - 14:10-14:50

Cosplay - 15:00-15:30

Star Wars - 15:40-16:10

Star Trek - 16:20-16:50

Photos

Paul Darrow - 11:15-11:30

Paul Blake - 11:35-11:50

Sylvester McCoy - 11:55-12:15

Nicola Bryant - 12:20-12:35

Dominic Keating - 12:40-13:00

Danny John Jules - 13:05-13:20

Joe Flanigan - 13:25-13:55

Kenny Baker - 14:00-14:15

Chris Barrie - 14:40-14:55

Edited by Reverend Scapegoat

Hi Reverend Scapegoat,

I can see where your suggestion is valid, even if it is not as busy a forum as some.

On some of the other forums, other forum members have started similar threads that they maintain themselves.

As you started the thread, you have full access to edit it and update it.

I will happily then pin this for you if you are able to do that.

If moderators did that for every forum it would take up an innordinate amount of time, which is not practical unfortunately. There arent that many of us, and I for one certainly cannot put in as many hours as David B and Queen Sindel do.

*Edit, some other useful bits

There's usually a guest list posted closer to the event once the info has been confimed. That's missing right now, but should show up soon.

There are a couple of downsides though, the info split in pinned topics is the way it's handled around the forum, and even that sometimes creates confusion too.

Going from older topics of that kind in other sections, the more info in one place, the less people seem to be bothered to read through everything, or get lost when reading. Others have tried the compiling info for other events, and that didn't seem to work that well. Sometimes it does, but the topics keep sliding down the pages if not pinned. I will pin this for now if you want me to, but if more guests are added, they will be pinned and something will need to be unpinned.

But maybe this section would be different, so like I said, please feel free to try if you want.

Edited by Rhianydd

lol talk about posting at the same time Lol :D

Okay consider it pinned.

You might want to edit your wording then to show that it is information rather than a query. Then people will know to click on your underlined links.

Good luck doing this, I have done similar including lists of guests attending cons (and when you consider that was for Twilight cons with their crazy numbers, that was no easy task)

so I can appreciate how often you will need to update!

Have fun :D

Well, last year I suggested pinning ALL the guest announcement threads, and that was dismissed.

Seems a bit arbitrary to pin them for a bit, then let them go. I don't see the problem with having even an entire page of pinned threads, one per guest, so folk have the relevant info available.

Or, have no single guest threads pinned, but one central info source.

Like this :)

I'll remove the following from my initial post in this thread, but will quote it in this post for reference and to save confusion.

I originally started this thread by saying:

Another suggestion - Has anyone noticed that there is, infact, no single thread containing all of the relevant info for Collectormania Glasgow?

I know I suggested stickying the Guest Announcement threads, and having them all in a standard format for clarity, and got shot down because there'd be no room for the remaining chat threads on the first page, but...

Would it not be possible to have one thread stickied, with links in the first post to the relevant sections?

Easier and faster to update than the website as well, as all it takes is someone with Mod status to edit any changes as soon as they're known.

Such as:

I know what you mean, but sadly, there just isnt space for all guest announcements to be pinned :D That is why things come "unpinned" because newer information needs pinning. A guest list will go up closer to the event listing all the guests, and usually their days, prices and photoshoot information, so forum members will be able to get all the information they nee.

Think of LFCC, how on earth could we pin 50-70 guests! :D

Not to worry, if you are maintaining this, then there will be the information for people.

One little tip, others in the busier forums, where we are unable to pin the information threads, just "bump" the thread regularly to keep it at the top of the lower section.

That is what I do with a few of the posts in the Twilight sections for new forum members. (introduction and roll call threads and also hotel info, that sort of thing) We do try to help :D

Again, good luck

Well, last year I suggested pinning ALL the guest announcement threads, and that was dismissed.

Seems a bit arbitrary to pin them for a bit, then let them go. I don't see the problem with having even an entire page of pinned threads, one per guest, so folk have the relevant info available.

I thought we have been through that last year. :D

I'm really sorry if we found our posts back then dismissive.

This is a very general change you have suggested, and this is nothing any mod will undertake without approval from SM. Both ways have their pros and cons I think. SM have decided on the way it's done now, and they have the final word on how they want the forum to look.

Also if it's changed in the Glasgow section it would have to be changed in every section, otherwise Glasgow would stick out like a sore thumb. And that's not something that would be beneficial.

I am personally not a big fan of those summary topics. I always get the feeling that the longer a topic is, the less likely people are to read though it.

But if you want to try and maintain this one, I certainly have no objections against it.

EDIT: I really type too slow. Rhi has already explained pretty much everything I was trying to say.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I wasn't restarting my campaign for stickied guest threads - As I said, I think a thread like this with links to the relevant topics is the best compromise... Dunno why I never thought of it in the first place!

Looks more pro than simply "bumping" what amount to official announcements, and certainly is better than letting guest info drop down the chat pages.

Cheers!

S.

• Showmasters Admin

In the interests of preventing people feeling misled and subsequently calling foul, can we either have confirmation about the "charity" nature of the auction, or alternatively remove the word "charity" from the title?

very good point TommyT and thank you

and it just proves one point that this should be done by showmasters and on the fans even thogh they are really trying to help our auction is not a "charity" auction all money rased from the sale of items in the auction dose not go to any charty it gos back into the event and helps to under right Guests fees etc

we have never clamed they are for any "charity"

if we can amend this please thaks guys

jason

this should be done by showmasters

I think that Scapey is just trying to save you and the mods some time, as some of the mods have mentioned that you are all very busy and don't have time to maintain something like this.

I for one think that this is a good idea, saves searching around for relevant topics when they have become unpinned. Especially when Glasgow is about a month away, and I'm starting to plan everything out.

I can see that people are trying to be helpful by posting links all in the one place. I personaly dont think its needed!!

I have used these forums for years now and never had an issue of finding out was going on at events. If you look at events like LFCC and CM MK that have lots off diffrent offical announcements everyone seemed to find all the info they needed fine ( I know i did, even as a newbie back in the day)

This topic is fine as long as it updated (with the correct info!!!) as soon as new offical announcemnt is made either about guests or another activity at the show. Thats why i think it would be better just to let Showmasters do it them self if they feel the need!

On previous years there's normally a free auto with paid admission - is this happening again this year?

You would better putting this in one of the official topics as this is maintained by an attendee rather than showmasters.

As yet, we havent received any information about a free auto, but that should come soon if it is happening again this year :P

*Edit, am going to edit the topic title to avoid confusion*

have been thinking about this one, but looking at trains its gonna be at least 100 quid travel so unless someone big is announced like nimoy im not gonna be able to make it, shame

looking at this thread, the travel info on the first page is awesome, very helpful for new glasgow attendees!

have been thinking about this one, but looking at trains its gonna be at least 100 quid travel so unless someone big is announced like nimoy im not gonna be able to make it, shame

looking at this thread, the travel info on the first page is awesome, very helpful for new glasgow attendees!

Would you consider going by coach?

I'm getting the overnight coach from London to Glasgow using megabus and it's only £11 there and £11 back.

I'm getting the overnight coach from London to Glasgow using megabus and it's only £11 there and £11 back.

hummm, that puts it back to thinking about it, how many hours is that? 6? humm then theres accommodation or do you mean real overnight then straight to the convention?, humm, will keep it in mind if further guests are announced, again thats a long old uncomfortable journey on mega bus, but could be the way if im excited about further guests, getting joe has me thinking maybe just maybe there maybe more big boys to come? shame they cant bring the a team boys back, dirk was at last years wasnt he?

hummm, that puts it back to thinking about it, how many hours is that? 6?

Looking at their website, the overnight journey seems to be 8 hours; travelling during daylight hours looks like anything up to 10. As a tall bloke with very long thighs, I find it virtually impossible to sit in some bus and coach seats because the seat rows are too close together. I'd certainly want to know if I could comfortably fit in before committing to such a journey.

My thought about megabus though is that they are just mega cheap so you only really get what you pay for That said, you could always take a cushion and a blanket for the night time trips.

As Mojoe said, its just a case of settling down for the night as comfortably as you can. I cant imagine that it would be that full really, but then, who knows.

I considered it, but I would already have a megabus journey to get to london, and I know my back cant take that much travelling, plus, the megabus back for me would be the Monday which means another night in a hotel and therefore too expensive. Plus Reading is the weekend after and too much cake work for me to do in four days already without lopping off another day :thumbup:

Gutted though to miss the opportunity to go. Hope you guys have loads of fun :coolthumb:

hummm, that puts it back to thinking about it, how many hours is that? 6? humm then theres accommodation or do you mean real overnight then straight to the convention?, humm, will keep it in mind if further guests are announced, again thats a long old uncomfortable journey on mega bus, but could be the way if im excited about further guests, getting joe has me thinking maybe just maybe there maybe more big boys to come? shame they cant bring the a team boys back, dirk was at last years wasnt he?

I did megabus Glasgow to London 10 hours.

Was fine going cause I slept but coming back was hell cause I was wide awake and we didnt get a rest stop, somthing I'm pretty sure is against the law.

It was only £16 return but not somthing I could do often.