latest Guest Announcement - Sylvester McCoy

hey who guest:)

I was sure Paul McGann was 8?

I think you'll find he's a little bit older than that. :D

Anyway, back on topic. Met Sylvester a few years ago in MK and he was lovely, really friendly, chatty and funny. Good guest.

hey who guest:)

I was sure Paul McGann was 8?

I think you'll find he's a little bit older than that. :D

Anyway, back on topic. Met Sylvester a few years ago in MK and he was lovely, really friendly, chatty and funny. Good guest.

lmao yeah he might be a bit older than that haha

I'm just happy to have a 2nd guest:)

I think you'll find he's a little bit older than that.

I can't believe I missed that.

If we count Cushing we have to count Trevor Martin... so Ninth.

Nah. Martin was playing the same Doctor that Pertwee did just like Roger Moore played the same guy Sean Connery did. A different actor, but the same part.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Actually he's playing an alternative 4th Doctor - they say in the play that he regenerated into Martin from Pertwee, before Baker officially began his tenure, so he is a different Doc.

Richard Hurdnall we can ignore... like you say another actor playing the same character. But that's not what Martin is doing.

Edited by Turtle

Actually he's playing an alternative 4th Doctor - they say in the play that he regenerated into Martin from Pertwee, before Baker officially began his tenure, so he is a different Doc.

Richard Hurdnall we can ignore... like you say another actor playing the same character. But that's not what Martin is doing.

Oh really? Cool. There's gotta be some sort of alternative timeline sort of thing we can use to explain this.

timelinet.jpg

A thousand points to anyone who gets the movie reference.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Oh really? Cool. There's gotta be some sort of alternative timeline sort of thing we can use to explain this.

I think the Gallifrey Chronicles book (the last EDA) also mentions the three 9th Doctors. Being of course Rowan Atkinson (Curse of Fatal Death), Richard E. Grant (Scream Of The Shalka) and Chris Eccleston (Season 27)

So timelines are flying around all over the place.

Personally I think that the Richard E. Grant 9th Doctor was the Doctor in a world where the Time War never happened - Eight never had to fight in it and thus didn't change into Eccles-Cake. Later on he regenerated into Richard E. Grant.

When the Time War started, the Daleks changed history and the Shalka Doctor was wiped from time - replaced by Eccles 9.

Rowan Atkinson we can ignore, cause it was a spoof.

Edited by Turtle

I thought it was common knowledge that Cushing was like the Bond actors too, was cast for the movie as he was a bigger name than Hartnell but was essentially playing the 1st Doctor?

Nope. In the film he describes himself as a human scientist who invented the TARDIS and is actually called Dr. Who. As in "Who" is his surname.

I thought it was common knowledge that Cushing was like the Bond actors too, was cast for the movie as he was a bigger name than Hartnell but was essentially playing the 1st Doctor?

Anyway, great guest! :D

Nope, Cushing plays a human inventor called Dr. Who who builds T.A.R.D.I.S and stars in remakes of two classic serials.

One book attempts to make it 'sort-of-canon' by saying it was a heavily altered film made based on the memoirs of the First Doctors companion, Barbara... which I kind of like.

Edited by Turtle

Nope, Cushing plays a human inventor called Dr. Who who builds T.A.R.D.I.S and stars in remakes of two classic serials.

One book attempts to make it 'sort-of-canon' by saying it was a heavily altered film made based on the memoirs of the First Doctors companion, Barbara... which I kind of like.

Beat you to it! There's also a theory that he actually is a Time Lord and is *the* Doctor but he's either gone a bit potty (nothing a good regeneration can't cure) or is simply lying about his identity.

Whatever the case, it was the Cushing movies that introduced me to Dr. Who and I'll always love them for that.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Beat you to it! There's also a theory that he actually is a Time Lord and is *the* Doctor but he's either gone a bit potty (nothing a good regeneration can't cure) or is simply lying about his identity.

Whatever the case, it was the Cushing movies that introduced me to Dr. Who and I'll always love them for that.

Yeah, but that theory means he has the same adventure (almost exactly) over again... I really think that either "Alternate Universe" or "It's a movie based on Barbaras memoirs" is the easiest way to look at it. Still, good fun movies.

Edited by Turtle