I.D question

BuffyFreak09

Okay so i'm waiting on my provisional licence to get here but it seems its gonna take 3 weeks to arrive meaning it may not arrive by the time the convention is here.

I don't have a passport.

I was basically just wondering what kinds of ID they would take at the con?

Anything with the PASS hologram?

Edited by Puff

• Moderators

If you haven't been asked then you've been very lucky - however I would suggest definitely taking something just in case, even if it's just the card you paid with or a bank statement with the purchase on it.

Better to be safe than turn up without anything :D

Oddly enough I've never been asked for ID at any of the cons I've been to and that's a fair few. Not that I'd need to worry as I always have my bank card and provisional license on my anyhow. But strange though, obviously I must have an honest looking face :angel:

okay so my bank card... i think i might still have the bank statement... what about the confirmation email with my bank details too?

You'll need the confirmation in any case, plus an ID of some sort. The confirmation e-mail doesn't replace an IDm even if it has bank details.

okay so my bank card... i think i might still have the bank statement... what about the confirmation email with my bank details too?

You'll need the confirmation in any case, plus an ID of some sort. The confirmation e-mail doesn't replace an IDm even if it has bank details.

the thing is though i dont have any other form of picture ID, we dont do pictures on library cards lmao, thats why im getting a bit concerned that my drivers licence wont turn up in time :wub:

Bank card or bank statement plus confirmation e-mail then. Utitily bill if needed, anything that can prove you're you. :wub: If you have nothing with a picture that's fine, bring one without picture.

You sounded like you were asking if bringing only the e-mail is alright, and that wouldn't be enough.

Bank card or bank statement plus confirmation e-mail then. Utitily bill if needed, anything that can prove you're you. :thumbup: If you have nothing with a picture that's fine, bring one without picture.

You sounded like you were asking if bringing only the e-mail is alright, and that wouldn't be enough.

Oh no no no hahaha I know to bring bank card.. statement.. i'll even bring a utility bill as well hahaha i was just asking about the email thing to see whether to bring it or not. I just didnt want to get there and be told i couldnt go in because i didnt have enough stuff confirming me was me lmao

My standard response to get ID'd these days is... "Are you taking the ****?"

:D

Jason

I think the worse iv had it was last night, they tried to sell me a child ticket to Toy Story 3! Admittedly i could have got the cheaper tickets but i was so :D at looking underage again i told him i was 21 :wub: lol

Jason

Me too Jason, Im 34 on 5th August and I still get asked for ID in CoOp for alcohol as they think Im under 25. Its not even flattering, its just plain embarrassing. The man in Tesco made a joke that the till was asking him to check ID the other day so I joked back by giving him my ID and saying, how silly, Im nearly 34 !! He was a tad red faced !

Jason

Me too Jason, Im 34 on 5th August and I still get asked for ID in CoOp for alcohol as they think Im under 25. Its not even flattering, its just plain embarrassing. The man in Tesco made a joke that the till was asking him to check ID the other day so I joked back by giving him my ID and saying, how silly, Im nearly 34 !! He was a tad red faced !

I occasionally still get asked for ID in pubs, I'm 38, when I tell them I've been legally able to drink for 20 years they get red faced too, but hey I love it. I was once told that they have to ask if you look under 25, and yes I'll take that too lol.

;)

Jason

My best mate was asked for ID once and he asked the lady if she had a mirror. She handed the mirror to him, he looked in it and said "Yep, that's me"

cheeky boy!

My best mate was asked for ID once and he asked the lady if she had a mirror. She handed the mirror to him, he looked in it and said "Yep, that's me"

:(

cheeky boy!

HAHAHA!!!! Legend!! ;):D I wouldn't have the guts to do that!! :P

Jason

I'm 31 and get IDd for buying alcohol all the time. I think it's hysterical. I jump up and down like a small child and ask them to guess how old I am. Sam will tell you what I was like in Asda in Milton Keynes at CM16 :)

• 2 weeks later...