All your last minute worries/queries ..

• Moderators

If there's anything you're still unsure about in regards to the event, then feel free to double check with us before you leave. It's best to get everything organised before you get there, as you'll spend less time confused and more time doing the fun parts! :lol:

So whether you're a regular or a first-timer, we'll try to help where we can.

Most importantly, do familiarise yourself with the below:

The London Film and Comic Con Website

Guest Days and Prices

Talk and Photo Shoots Schedule

and a few other helpful sites:

National Rail - for travel to/from London

TFL - for Underground travel

Google Maps - for directions to places all around

Google Maps especially is useful for finding local restaurants, train stations etc. Always handy to use.

Best of luck to everyone for this weekend. I hope everyone manages to get everything they want, and have fun doing it :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww that could be useful indeed :)

I have two completely silly questions, one I'm pretty sure you cannot answer on here, and one I'm pretty sure you don't have the answer to.... :YAHOO:

Well, let's try anyway :lol:

Do you know where us crew are supposed to enter the building? We got an email giving directions for MK, but nothing this time... (this was the "I'm sure you can't answer this on here" question haha)

And, do you know if the Brompton Cemetery is open on Sundays? (I know, nothing to do with LFCC but yet, it's kinda linked, innit? XD)

Ohhh yes, I do have a real question that is related to the event (haha). Do you know if Dante Basco will be signing for free on both days? I know how the system works (roughly), but I don't know if that's on one day only or not...

See? I can think of real questions sometimes :(

Edited by Dellefyne

The posting of this thread is much appreciated.

Am concerned about successfully finding Earls Court but that's the practical side.

The ditzy part of me is wondering what is possible saving money as much as can on the first day only to be skint by the second orrrrr to spend as little as possible onthe first day then go spend crazy on the second.

Other than that I think for all of us this is going to be rather daunting.

And, do you know if the Brompton Cemetery is open on Sundays? (I know, nothing to do with LFCC but yet, it's kinda linked, innit? XD)

Yeh, its open from 8-8.30am and closes I think either 7pm or 8pm.

Yeh, its open from 8-8.30am and closes I think either 7pm or 8pm.

Well, thanks! I've been waiting to go back there since CM:L back in November! I love this place :thumbup:

• Moderators

You will still be answering queries all evening :(:D

See you at some point over the weekend, and Ka-tea too? :D

Oh I know it never works, but hey even if it helps a little bit it's worth it :thumbup:

And yep, me and Katie will be there from Sat morning staying over at the Ibis, then going home after the event on Sun :D

Do you know where us crew are supposed to enter the building? We got an email giving directions for MK, but nothing this time... (this was the "I'm sure you can't answer this on here" question haha)

Ohhh yes, I do have a real question that is related to the event (haha). Do you know if Dante Basco will be signing for free on both days? I know how the system works (roughly), but I don't know if that's on one day only or not...

Any time I've crewed there, we've ended up going in round the left side of the building (as you look at the entrance), but I'm sure you'll see people around anyway.

As for the free auto, nothing has been stated for a specific day, and there's more than one 'free' auto so I don't think it can be one guest per day.

The ditzy part of me is wondering what is possible saving money as much as can on the first day only to be skint by the second orrrrr to spend as little as possible onthe first day then go spend crazy on the second.

Personally I've always been of the opinion of 'get it while you can' .. always best to have no regrets :P

It's easier to try and work out how to get more money afterwards than it is to travel back in time and get the stuff that you could only get on one day ;)

Personally I've always been of the opinion of 'get it while you can' .. always best to have no regrets :P

It's easier to try and work out how to get more money afterwards than it is to travel back in time and get the stuff that you could only get on one day :D

Yeah :( like my Brian J Smith photo that I didnt do at Chevron in January! :thumbup:

Please bring him back SM!

Edited by Rhianydd

Since this is my first con, I really have a stupid question: What if I want to get an autograph by somebody that I don't have anything to sign. Are there gonna be pictures of the guests (for free/for selling) that I can get before I get in line for the autograph.

Like I said, really stupid (for for me kinda important lol) question.

Now for something totally different - how long are grocery stores open in England tonight and when do they open again tomorrow morning? And does anyone know if there is a grocery store somewhere near Imperial College and/ or South Kensington tube station? Thanks :)

• Showmasters Admin

As far as I'm aware they will be given out at the same time as the rest of the guests so right from the beginning.

Bill's VTs will be given out from the opening of the show.

• Moderators

Now for something totally different - how long are grocery stores open in England tonight and when do they open again tomorrow morning? And does anyone know if there is a grocery store somewhere near Imperial College and/ or South Kensington tube station? Thanks :)

Supermarkets near South Kensington

Tesco, Sainsbury and Waitrose are the best ones .. assuming that link works. Sorry if it doesn't. If not, just google 'supermarkets near South Kensington.'

Sainsbury:

Friday 0600 - 2359

Saturday 0600 - 2200

Sunday 1100 - 1700

Tesco: 24 hours.

Waitrose:

Fri: 08:00 - 21:00

Sat: 08:00 - 21:00

Sun: 12:00 - 18:00

There are some other more 'local' stores but obviously they have less details online .. I'd stick with those if you can, as you know what you're getting :D

Edited by DavidB

I feel a bit daft for asking but I've trawled the site and the FAQ's - honest!

What time does it all kick off? On the site it says 11am on both days (per the image at the top left) but the time table is showing events starting at 10am.

Also, there are a number of TBC's on the online timetable, will a finalised timetable be available on the day or will it be updated online late tonight?

This will be my first time there and I'm really looking forward to it, having heard from friends how good it is.

Thanks!

• Moderators

What time does it all kick off? On the site it says 11am on both days (per the image at the top left) but the time table is showing events starting at 10am.

Also, there are a number of TBC's on the online timetable, will a finalised timetable be available on the day or will it be updated online late tonight?

This will be my first time there and I'm really looking forward to it, having heard from friends how good it is.

Thanks!

Early Bird is 9am - 11am for £10.

Normal entry is 11am onwards for £5.

Timetables should be up to date and posted around at the event itself :D

How busy is Edi and mark Bryan likely to be if any ideas as I am only coming to see them as I have to be back home for a gig tomorrow night

Edi should be constantly busy all day as the Twilight guests normally are. I'd get his ticket first. Mark shouldn't be a problem.

As long as you're around all day you shouldn't miss either.

Thanks!

Early Bird is 9am - 11am for £10.

Normal entry is 11am onwards for £5.

Timetables should be up to date and posted around at the event itself :D

How busy is Edi and mark Bryan likely to be if any ideas as I am only coming to see them as I have to be back home for a gig tomorrow night

Edi should be constantly busy all day as the Twilight guests normally are. I'd get his ticket first. Mark shouldn't be a problem.

As long as you're around all day you shouldn't miss either.

Perfect will head for him first. We wont be around all day will have to leave about 2 ish I think