William B Davies photoshoot Monday?

Avengers7

Have just been to buy a ticket for Willim's photoshoot. I si it correct he is only doing a shoot on the Monday - surely most of his fans will only be in MK on Saturday and Sunday.

I am unable to purchase one now as I'm not there. What are the chances of him doing an 'over the table' photo for me?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats very true - Ive just never known a photoshoot be held on a Monday before (unless I'm wrong of course).
I had a photoshoot with Sylvester McCoy on the Monday at C13

Edit: Just checked and that was the only Monday shoot so far for me

Edited by 1of2

Thats very true - Ive just never known a photoshoot be held on a Monday before (unless I'm wrong of course).

I remember James Marsters doing one, and I think Paul McGillion did one too. There were a couple at C13 if memory serves me right, Sylvester McCoy being another one like 1of2 mentioned.

Absolutely gutted, I'm arriving Thursday night and will meet everyone I want to meet there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't think there would be a need to stay all of Monday and am coming home at lunchtime on Monday :-( William B Davis is one of my main reasons for coming.

Please add one for the weekend!!

surely most of his fans will only be in MK on Saturday and Sunday.

:headscratch: I love it when people try to give the impression that their own situation is that of the masses. What could you possibly base that statement on ? All XFiles fans work in jobs that don't get Bank Holidays off work ? :P

.... and to everyone - there are probably dozens of circumstances influencing photoshoot and appearance days. It's unfortunate if it doesn't suit your individual plans, but SM will not (can not !) change stuff around to suit individual attendees.

:headscratch: I love it when people try to give the impression that their own situation is that of the masses. What could you possibly base that statement on ? All XFiles fans work in jobs that don't get Bank Holidays off work ? :headscratch:

.... and to everyone - there are probably dozens of circumstances influencing photoshoot and appearance days. It's unfortunate if it doesn't suit your individual plans, but SM will not (can not !) change stuff around to suit individual attendees.

I think it's more of a comment saying that more people will be in MK at the weekend, which is true. Not half as many people attend Collectormania's when they're on the Monday, and, although it probably has been done for a reason, it won't be a popular as if the shoot was to be at the weekend.

:headscratch: I love it when people try to give the impression that their own situation is that of the masses. What could you possibly base that statement on ? All XFiles fans work in jobs that don't get Bank Holidays off work ? :headscratch:

So says the expert in these matters :P

I was just asking and it seems a lot of people agree with me and are only coming on Sat and Sun.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat - will be attending Fri, Sat and Sun, and leaving part way through Monday. If the Monday photoshoot is early in the morning I might be able to make it, but adding another shoot to Saturday or Sunday would be ideal. Please consider this Showmasters. After all, the amount of people attending at the weekend is usually massive compared to Fridays and Mondays. Think of the money you'll make!

It's the one photo shoot I am actually not going to pre-order, since I don't know if it will be one I can attend.

Edited by Zagreus

Shame it's on the Monday as a myself and a couple friends would have bought one but alas leave sunday night. I'm guessing sm are looking at existing shoots and space and put it on that day for that reason...

I too would love to get a prof photo on sat, hey even if it meant putting his shoot on at like 4.30 with the provision we know we wouldn't get the pic till sunday, or in the post!

:headscratch: I love it when people try to give the impression that their own situation is that of the masses. What could you possibly base that statement on ? All XFiles fans work in jobs that don't get Bank Holidays off work ? :lol:

I love it too when people try to give the impression that their own situation is that of the masses... Just for the records, not everyone's weekend is a bank holiday!!! Only in the UK, so yep indeed some people have no choice but be back in their country and at work on the Monday!

So, add me to the list of those who would be pleased to get a photosession during the weekend (saturday would be the best!) eventhough i doubt our requests will change anything...

• Moderators

The only fair way to do it would be to add a photo shoot during the weekend, and even then it's a bit of a problem.

People will have bought them for Monday, and some may well only be there on Monday, so it's unfair on them if you were to change it.

But then if SM add one on a particular day due to 'demand,' you'll end up with others thinking "oh, well if they got what they wanted .." and you get people complaining. Often can't win either way!

I don't know how many shoots are scheduled for Sat/Sun (or how many there will be in the end), but they will be the busiest days and SM have to prioritise if there's more than they can fit in.

I understand that it's a bank holiday, and yes people do work in jobs in this country that don't have the Monday off, so an extra shoot would probably be the better option, especially for a guest that is as popular as he will be. I know it feels like bending to the masses, but wouldn't it be better for him as he will see exactly how loved he is?

• Moderators

'Bending to the masses' isn't really correct - realistically, the people in this topic represent a very very very very small percentage of the total that will attend the event.

It's hard to know how many will actually be missing out because it's on Monday. If there's only 10 people or so, it's not really worth it ..

why not have a poll up and running to be sure, as, realistically I'm sure there will be more than 10 people asking. TBH I'm surprised that a guest as popular as him was put on a Monday anyway (unless this was an issue with him then I'm sure we will understand)

David is just trying to explain the reasons why a photo session possibly will not be added. The whole "extra session or not" question is a lot more complicated than what one may think. At the moment it looks like I can't make Monday either, so I wouldn't say no to an extra shoot myself... but sometimes this is just not doable.

We've had extra sessions added in the past. But that mostly happened when tickets were selling well. So if the Monday session will sell well the chances are actually better that a second shoot will be added.