30th Anniversary The Empire Strikes Back

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done the official Lucasfilm event in the USA and it wasn't free.

He is a total legend though, my favourite auto this year, I was lucky enough to

meet him twice :thumbup: but if SM got him I would defo see him again :P

If the official Lucasfilm event you're referring to is one of the Celebrations then I don't believe JEJ has ever appeared at any of these.

I was lucky enough to meet him outside the theatre when he was in London earlier this year but I only managed to get a few 8x10's signed. Would love to get him on my posters though!!

JEJ signed my TESB poster outside the theatre :D , tho I didn't get any 10x8's done as there were about 20 other people there.

Fair play to the guy, he had time for everybody even tho he must of been tired after the show.

• 2 weeks later...

with lfcc just around the corner i think its time that a big name was added to the empire reunion list

carrie fisher or mark hamill or frank oz would be great,also dave prowse ,on his website he says he is coming,could we have this confirmed please .

with lfcc just around the corner i think its time that a big name was added to the empire reunion list

carrie fisher or mark hamill or frank oz would be great,also dave prowse ,on his website he says he is coming,could we have this confirmed please .

it would be a shame to have all these re unions with none of the big boys

agree!

agree!

:smile: Definitely agreed!!

I'm seriously considering starting an Empire Strikes Back poster given the massive opportunity LFCC has provided with a lot of people all being in the same place at once, though at the moment I'm not sure. Part of me thinks a collection of 10x8s would be just as nice and then I don't have to worry about continuity with other parts of my collection (very sad I'm sure though I'll wager a fair few people will agree...). If I decide I want to do it do those in the know think it will be possible for me to purchase an ESB poster at the event, I don't want to risk it on the train twice... :blink:

Posters are quite an undertaking - but to me the most rewarding aspect of my autograph collection. There's just something about a long term project like a poster that makes it a bit more special than a stack of 8x10s.

They're expensive, you worry about them all the time and inevitably someone will sign where you don't want them to.

However when you get the finished product, it's all worth it in my opinion.

Here's a photo of my ESB for inspiration...currently being looked after by my buddy Abstract.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/abs...rmony/016-4.jpg

I've been working on it personally for four years, though the previous owner started it at Celebration II back in 2002.

Dude, that's awesome! Well, towards the end of last night I had started to go off the idea, I am now back on it again... :(

So what are the chances of me being able to get that design of poster at the start of the Saturday from a stall, as that is the poster I'd want. Also, what do you use to protect it during the day, some kind of tube?

Edited by cyd0nian

Dude, that's awesome! Well, towards the end of last night I had started to go off the idea, I am now back on it again... :(

So what are the chances of me being able to get that design of poster at the start of the Saturday from a stall, as that is the poster I'd want. Also, what do you use to protect it during the day, some kind of tube?

Not sure about the stalls as I've never been to LFCC. We usually put a pvc pipe within a traditional poster tube to keep it in good shape though.

There are a few stalls that normally attebnd and sell posters, however, many of those are collectable cinema posters, so can be a bit pricey.

I got hold of the same poster in Forbidden Planet last year, started mine at LFCC last year, got ten autos on it already. If you are not going in as early bird, and if they have them in stockl, you could pop into there on the way to the event.

Definately reccommend a tube to keep it safe, as LF&CC will be busy, if you are careful it'll be fine inside a tube, mine even survived a trip to the theatre when James Earl Jones signed it afterwards.

Good luck.

Posters are quite an undertaking - but to me the most rewarding aspect of my autograph collection. There's just something about a long term project like a poster that makes it a bit more special than a stack of 8x10s.

They're expensive, you worry about them all the time and inevitably someone will sign where you don't want them to.

However when you get the finished product, it's all worth it in my opinion.

Here's a photo of my ESB for inspiration...currently being looked after by my buddy Abstract.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/abs...rmony/016-4.jpg

I've been working on it personally for four years, though the previous owner started it at Celebration II back in 2002.

im not an auto collector but if I was this is what id do for sure, that looks great.

and if it was maybe 10 years ago i might even think about starting one lol but thankfully for my wallet its to late and im not all that bothered with autos.

I was very excited when I first heard of this reunion but I am very very disapointed and surprised that instead of Carrie Mark or even Anthony Daniels we have people who played a stormtrooper or an alien this was the perfect opportunity to get bigger names I just cannnot understand why they did not get them!

• Moderators

There's no point getting angry is there. Who's to say they haven't tried to get them? No one. Prices, schedules etc all have a part to play, so it's not as easy as 'oh, we're having a reunion, so we'll get all these guests!' .. especially ones like Daniels and some others.

Most of the bigger names are either too big to get easily (and are in demand this year with the rest of the world doing events too), or have been over reasonably recently, like Billy Dee Williams.

Even a lot of the UK actors have attended the LFCC since I've been going, the past three years.