Hey

Orangepeel

The last Hub was my first and I went on my own without knowing anyone. You'll find that people are really friendly and approachable. Don’t worry if you're not confident going up to people to start a conversation. Once you’ve been spotted standing on your own for more than a couple of minutes someone will start a conversation.

See you there.

Orangepeel i was petrified of being a sore thumb when i went to hub 2.

trust me give it a hour or so and u'll be pulled into someones convo, dancing with someone or something mental will happen.

i'll be with 2 ppl but always ready to chat :)

just a warning though (to anyone really) if a girl with a green and black spider plush attack u, just nod, shes determined to take as many pics of ppl with her 'con spider' as pos

Yeah, really no need to worry. Just make sure you run to the dancefloor when ctton eye joe, doctor who and time warp come on and at some point invade the stage you'll be fine.

just for your information, the lights in the bathroom are fantastic for pictures and the showmasters staff are wonderfully mad

Maybe you and the girl whoposted after you could get to chatting and meet up or something.

Don't worry, everyone's really friendly :( I went to hub3 with mum but she wasn't really involved - I made a couple of really good friends over the weekend. I'm going to hub4 completely on my own, but I vaguely know a few people now from last hub and twitter/facebook and really, everyone's lovely! You'll have a fantastic time, try not to worry too much :P

It may be worth looking up the doctorin the tardis dance a couple of people posted in the hub3 forum - learn it, and you can join in with the dance! I felt so much better because I knew it.

I was at Hub3 with a friend of mine from work, but she couldn't make the Friday night. I met several wonderful people over that weekend, and it was really easy to talk to people.

Plus, you never know who will turn up. I met someone that I've known for 10yrs, but hadn't seen for about 6! That was a bit of a surprise!