Cosplay

naurarwen_fangorn

Renée I have a spare pair of Cullen contacts if you want them. I've never worn them so they're still in the packaging. For some reason 2 pairs were sent but I couldn't wear the 1s I tried in over my own contacts. I have shelled out ridiculous amounts of money for some prescription 1s and they better bloody turn up coz it's a heck of a lot of money to lose if they don't. Oh and so sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, couldn't get on the net coz my bro had hogged the comp. Grrr! Shall have a quick looksy now though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm i am THINKING of doing the flashback rosalie but not 100% sure yet.

my costume so far:

- Kristen MTV awards dress - working on

- Rosalie eclipse fight scene outfit - trying to find jacket i know its g-star just not the style :(

- Rosalie eclipse talking to bella outfit

I'm doing

Kitchen Alice

Graduation Party Alice

Birthday Party Alice

Jane (just Jane style, not particular costume :dance: )

And Sam my mum looked it up and she found out that you can dye viscose with Dylon without ruining it :D thanks anyhoo <3

yeah im looking at the pretty :D

Twilight - meeting the family shirt and pencil skirt

New Moon - Bellas party dress with fringe swept to the side

New Moon - the vote dress, hair in a side pony tail and fringe to the side

Eclipse - promo shot in what looks like a plain black dress

Eclipse - graduation dress black and teal ish

Thats the only photos ive been able to find. As well as not been so good at contacts im also not so good at getting my hair volumised lol

Argh, I just wrote a ridiculously long reply then lost my internet connection. I'm not liking technology this week.

Basically, clever eBaying will get you everywhere with the kitchen scene, especially if you're open to altering/dying things. Cosplaysky have a good replica of the birthday dress and Accessorise have the perfect jewellery set for that - or at least they did a few months ago - so that wouldn't be too hard to get together. (I wouldn't try and make that one unless you're a much better seamstress than me because I'm both determined and suffering with it. :dance: ) Promo shot one, I haven't done myself butthe picture's on my wall and it doesn't look too tricky - hopefully that necklace will be on Etsy soon 'cause I want one!

Coolspotters have the link to a freakishly similar version of the graduation dress, but I'm going slightly insane trying to find an alternative, or just fabric because it was too much money. As ever. And the Eclipse fighty stuff, purely because I want something I can stay warm in and wear flat shoes. :P

Oh and re. hair - Argos do wonderfully cheap curling tongs. Maybe don't go for the �3.50 ones because mine broke just before LFCC, but it's an idea. Or just stick with New Moon. Honestly Esme has so many different hairstyles, it drives me batty but at least there's something for everyone. :P

wow thats a lot of info!! thank you :yoda: im gonna go look at those sites now, get some more ideas or something lol

Renée I have a spare pair of Cullen contacts if you want them. I've never worn them so they're still in the packaging. For some reason 2 pairs were sent but I couldn't wear the 1s I tried in over my own contacts. I have shelled out ridiculous amounts of money for some prescription 1s and they better bloody turn up coz it's a heck of a lot of money to lose if they don't. Oh and so sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, couldn't get on the net coz my bro had hogged the comp. Grrr! Shall have a quick looksy now though.

Ahhh really?? thats so very very nice of you to offer and i would like to take you up on it :) do you have a website i can go look at them, get me even more excited and make me do this for sure?? lol I'll have to send you a msg on fb xxx

I guess we will be doing baseball again lol

And i might do kitchen rosalie or school rosalie as i already have some stuff just need a few things

Oooh that you have kitchen Rosalie!! I've got the whole outfit sorted and am saving it for ET4! Probs gonna wear it at one of the parties as I couldnt do a whole day in the shoes haha! We'll have to compare!

I think I'm gonna wear my Bella birthday dress one day for photo shoots and do Rosalie baseball - finally! - the other day.

I'm going to get Rosalies birthday dress so will probs wear that to the other party and I'm bringing my Alice DVF dress for Vicky to try on so could always do that cosplay as well at some point!

I've got Alice's NM outfit from the promo shots as well but I need to get the shirt altered slightly as the sleeves and general length is too long.

Soooo excited about it all!

xxxx

Will have to post my pics of the kristen dress tomorrow cos i have to transfer them from my laptop cos for some reason i could not put them on this computer :huh: Or if i am stll awake in the early hours...which is very likely cos i just had a relentless :P i might put them on then ;)

Just doing some more painting....only quater of the way through painting the whole of the dress and i already used up all my red paint :WINCE: so i am gonna have to head to range before work tomorrow and pick some up. But i am gonna try and mark the whole dress out tonight and then paint some over the next few days between work shifts ....i wanna get it finished before i go on holiday next week.

Also gonna redo my baseball outfit :P so i shall be buying lots of stuff next week in vegas :D

Will have to post my pics of the kristen dress tomorrow cos i have to transfer them from my laptop cos for some reason i could not put them on this computer :huh: Or if i am stll awake in the early hours...which is very likely cos i just had a relentless :P i might put them on then ;)

Just doing some more painting....only quater of the way through painting the whole of the dress and i already used up all my red paint :WINCE: so i am gonna have to head to range before work tomorrow and pick some up. But i am gonna try and mark the whole dress out tonight and then paint some over the next few days between work shifts ....i wanna get it finished before i go on holiday next week.

Also gonna redo my baseball outfit :P so i shall be buying lots of stuff next week in vegas :D

VEGAS VEGAS VEGAS!!!!

I need to find some shoes for the Wedding that's preventing me from going to ET4. (boo hiss) And some stuff for Bitten too. And obviously there are some outlet malls and the forum shops and....

VEGAS VEGAS VEGAS!!!!

I need to find some shoes for the Wedding that's preventing me from going to ET4. (boo hiss) And some stuff for Bitten too. And obviously there are some outlet malls and the forum shops and....

Ahh yes shoes shopping *dreams* ha ha :P

You two and your shoe shopping lol. Jo don't forget Hot Topic and Old Navy and I swear I'll love you forever and ever :drunk:

lol sam we are never gonna forget hot topic with all their twilighty goodness :chair: what you want from old navy???

Okie dokies i did manage to mark out the whole of the front of the dress last night just needs painting but i aint managed to take a pic of that yet so you get the ones i have :D

So i first dyed the dress which was a fail...it did not go as bright as i wanted

Premiereandmisc001.jpg

Painting the dress

Premiereandmisc004.jpg

Premiereandmisc011.jpg

Will update with some pictures some time in the next few days cos the front of the dress is nearly complete just need to get it done and take some pics :D Its kindahard trying to follow the pattern of the dress from the picture lol but i tried think it will give the kristen look anyways

OMFG Jemma you're going to look amazing in that dress. Can't wait to see the finished product. Also from Old Navy asked Jo if she can go in and see if the Emmett hoodie is there. Its the white/grey one from Eclipse apparently they got it from Old Navy. Checked the website but they only have it in an XL and Paul needs like a M/L. Might give you guys the number for the store and maybe you could ring them before you make the trip there to see if they have one or not so you don't waste a journey.

Also Jem what night are you looking to wear it. Still not found a Rob jacket yet but am hunting.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

see, I am just rubbish with character cosplay, never seem to recognise outfits from films etc lol :D

If you see me looking blank at a con, just say what film, scene, character and you might see recognition dawning on my face. lol :D

Seriously I am RUBBISH! lol D:

Costumes are going to look awesome guys, you put so much into it, especially when you do multiple costumes for one show!!

OMFG Jemma you're going to look amazing in that dress. Can't wait to see the finished product. Also from Old Navy asked Jo if she can go in and see if the Emmett hoodie is there. Its the white/grey one from Eclipse apparently they got it from Old Navy. Checked the website but they only have it in an XL and Paul needs like a M/L. Might give you guys the number for the store and maybe you could ring them before you make the trip there to see if they have one or not so you don't waste a journey.

Also Jem what night are you looking to wear it. Still not found a Rob jacket yet but am hunting.

ooo we will have a look in old navy then sam dont worry lol

Not sure which night i am gonna wear it yet....hoping they let us know the other themes soon so i can decide :D

ohhh i forgot to go to range and pick up some more red fabric paint :YAHOO: gonna have to go in the morning cos other than the red paint the front is finished ...just need to make a start on the back of the dress lol