if you have hotel issues ?

showmasters

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arghhh I cant book online as the "show rooms" button wont work. It says there are errors on the page dammit! Never had this problem before.

If I phone up will they know what I'm on about?!

xxxx

Yes, they will. Or at least they should. :headscratch: It isn't exclusively online booking, you can book through the phone too.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't book the room using the group code :thumbup:

I have been trying on and off for weeks now... I can see there is still rooms available at the full rate.

SM - will you be asking the hotel to release more rooms on the promo code?

Many thanks

Edited by SugarSpunSister

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just tried to book a room again and this came up We are sorry, there is no availability for the promotion code you entered.....

Need to either book a room for just me and my daughter or a room for me my husbans and two kids!

As this hotel is quite full now, I am not sure if you will get that sort of room easily, they dont have many.

You need to ring up and ask for a Family double room with a sofa bed in, children under the age of 16 are complimentary as long as they stay with their parents in the family room. I did it once before, but I was told to speak to in-house management. The first person I talked to said they didnt have any family rooms, but then another person transferred me to a manager, and she said that it is the hilton policy that children under 16 staying with parents are complimentary. (However, for Proms, I paid for two adjoining rooms as they told me then that children had to be paid for as on the website.)

Still give the Twilight promotional code too

Depends what their current rules are.

Good luck, but I would give the hotel a ring direct and enquire about the family room.

ps This isnt direct advice from showmasters, but as an attendee of ET3 speaking from personal experience.

Edited by Rhianydd

As Rhi said, calling is unfortunately your best bet at the moment. The room booking isn't exclusively done online, you can call and book too.

As far as I know family rooms are not covered by the con rate in general. I remember some people got the rate in the past, but some other attendees were refused the special rate by the hotel.

At the moment it looks like the rooms available at the convention rate have sold out completely.

The Hilton website shows they still have "Twin DeLuxe" and "Twin Executive" rooms available for the ET weekend (at the non-discounted Hilton rates), anything else showing are various suites.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I am wondering if there are people out there booking twin rooms for the con but only using them for single occupancy (working on the theory that if it is the same price, they might as well get the bigger room)

Anybody just needing one space for the con, could try and start a thread/join a thread looking for roomies?

I will look through the threads, and if one exists, I will bump it so that it can be found

*Edit* I have bumped the "looking for a roomie" thread

Edited by Rhianydd

I am wondering if there are people out there booking twin rooms for the con but only using them for single occupancy (working on the theory that if it is the same price, they might as well get the bigger room)

It's not only the bigger room issue - I know of two attendees who booked twin rooms because they were told no singles available anymore. They just wanted to get in the hotel somehow.