Brian J Smith not coming according to his Twitter

elenmai

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely GUTTED, i was really looking forward to meeting him. It's really short notice to get a replacement, so i'm not sure if they will. I hope they do, but obviously at this stage it's a lot to ask, so i don't think anyone would begrudge them with this. Maybe they could rearrange him for Chevron 7.5, because i know i'd still like to meet him haha

I'm absolutely GUTTED, i was really looking forward to meeting him. It's really short notice to get a replacement, so i'm not sure if they will. I hope they do, but obviously at this stage it's a lot to ask, so i don't think anyone would begrudge them with this. Maybe they could rearrange him for Chevron 7.5, because i know i'd still like to meet him haha

Have to be honest, my interest level in going has just dropped significantly

I hope it's okay that I edited the topic title. The one you had made it look like it was an official announcement that Showmasters/Massive Events already had confirmed.

Will we get a replacement guest... possible. There have been cancellations on more short notice and there was a replacement brought in. ;)

I hope it's okay that I edited the topic title. The one you had made it look like it was an official announcement that Showmasters/Massive Events already had confirmed.

It's fine! I didn't think about that until you changed it!

That's no problem for me, if Showmasters confim this news ;)

But I can really understand the frustration of the fans of Brian. Happend to me at the HUB3 with no John and than no James. But Showmasters found a good replacement and I hope, they will also find somebody for the Chevron 7.4.

But I can really understand the frustration of the fans of Brian. Happend to me at the HUB3 with no John and than no James. But Showmasters found a good replacement and I hope, they will also find somebody for the Chevron 7.4.

It's not really a problem for me either, as I'm mainly going for David and Ryan, but I was looking forward to meeting Brian.

Apparently his coming was conditional in another/some other SGU peeps coming and it hasnt worked out that way, really unfortunate as Brian J was the one i was most interested in meeting

Now im seriously annoyed.

I was already regretting booking for this con as I was hoping for lots of SGU or at least new big guests, but knowing Brian was still going kept me ok for the moment. I have met all but one of the rest several times so have little interest in them. :angry:

It was bad enough when that whole post about there would be no more SGU guests due to the haters was posted, and now to possibly hear that we've lost our only SGU guest DUE to this is even worse! :chair:

Apparently his coming was conditional in another/some other SGU peeps coming and it hasnt worked out that way, really unfortunate as Brian J was the one i was most interested in meeting

We can blame the SGU haters for that!

Thanks SGU haters! Hope your happy!

The only way Im going to be happy now is if you get another main SGU guest as a replacement, preferably Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis or Elyse Levesque :o

Edited by crippsy_99

David Blue came to the last con and he was the only SGU person there so I'm sure that wouldn't have been a problem for BJS. There is also quite a lot of fan interest in having Brian over here, so I don't think, as some above have suggested, that it is to do with any SGU 'haters' out there either. That's just a little bit OTT.

BamBam after all crosses the boundaries of all 3 shows and, although he's not a star player in terms of being an acting name, I'm sure he'll have plenty to say about SGU too.

I'm looking forward to the con very much and expecially to meeting DH who is, after all, a much bigger star in the Stargate world anyway.

David Blue came to the last con and he was the only SGU person there so I'm sure that wouldn't have been a problem for BJS.

He's tweeted that his attendance was contingent on other SGU guest/Guests being there, i guess David Blue's wasnt

Its a shame, im still hoping something is getting worked out *crosses fingers*

If that is true then that is stupid as SM would of known he would of pulled out if they didnt get another SGU guest. I hope this gets sorted or we get a good replacement as I am actually a fan of SGU more so than the other 2.

[Well when i was speaking with him earlier (BJS not Rob C hah) i said that people were looking forward to seeing him and that it would make a lot of people happy if he were to reconsider, maybe ill nudge him again

Please do, nudge hard haha

Just nudged, honestly dont know if reconsidering is even a possibility once hes put it out there that he isnt going

Im hoping that no official word from Massive E/Showmasters on his cancellation means something is going on and maybe he can still attend

[Well when i was speaking with him earlier (BJS not Rob C hah) i said that people were looking forward to seeing him and that it would make a lot of people happy if he were to reconsider, maybe ill nudge him again

Please do, nudge hard haha

Just nudged, honestly dont know if reconsidering is even a possibility once hes put it out there that he isnt going

Im hoping that no official word from Massive E/Showmasters on his cancellation means something is going on and maybe he can still attend

I hope so too. I suppose those people on here who aren't too keen on SGU won't be aided by this :S, and they won't be too happy with him if he does reconsider. All the same, i stil lwant him to show up, and so do quite a few people judging by this post, so i really hope he does reconsider

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I have been out for the afternoon at a meeting so this is the first that I have seen of this!

It is also the first that I have heard of this!

Obviously it is early in the morning in The U.S. but I am about to write an e-mail to Brian J Smith's agent to find out what is going on as they have certainly not told me that Brain has cancelled and neither has Brian.

When I hear back I will let you know but at the moment it seems like you guys know more than I do! :unsure:

Mark

I'm just wondering if this is some kind of hack of Brian's Twitter account (it has happened before to other folks) just to make him look kind of spoiled or something.

If the organizers haven't even heard anything about it, possibly it's just someone evil playing around with him and us.